No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used Livewire already? They sell for ~$35,000 up here, I wonder how big a hit the owner took on the trade.
    2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
    2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Nice Katana.
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
        Used Livewire already? They sell for ~$35,000 up here, I wonder how big a hit the owner took on the trade.
        I had no idea they were that expensive.
        Add tax and dealer prep and it will will $45,000 in the driveway. Yikes.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by Noreg View Post

Does this count? After a thirteen hour shift I got the last of my moving stuff. Decided to ride my bike home rathet than get a trailer to trailer it.

I am out of shape, this was exhausting, its only 6.1 kilometers (but at an incline).
          It counts in my opinion. I’ve posted bicycle pics in this thread on occasion.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
            I had no idea they were that expensive.
            Add tax and dealer prep and it will will $45,000 in the driveway. Yikes.
            https://www.kijiji.ca/v-street-cruis...ire/1532854479
            Why us Millennials where scratching our heads when they clearly tired pushing it to our age group. HD didn't understand why we don't want it and coildn' t afford it... $30K for a motorcycle... No thanks. If a motorcycle company can get us on Motorcycles as good as you guys had our age at a fair price point... You will see more new riders.
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
              Why us Millennials where scratching our heads when they clearly tired pushing it to our age group. HD didn't understand why we don't want it and coildn' t afford it... $30K for a motorcycle... No thanks. If a motorcycle company can get us on Motorcycles as good as you guys had our age at a fair price point... You will see more new riders.
              No...millennials are the target....just rich ones....think tech industry and west coast. Personally I'd buy the Zero first...took one out for a couple of hours...great fun and way better looking imo
              No signature

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                It counts in my opinion. I’ve posted bicycle pics in this thread on occasion.
                Somewhen in the past I think I posted snowmobile pics.
                2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                82 gs1100L probably the next project
                1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                  The concept of the LiveWire is hard to me. If I want a commuting bike, I could get a fat bike (bicycle) with AWD for $5000 that would get me to work and back faster than a motorcycle. If I want to save money it doesn't make sense to spend that much on a first(-ish) generation electric motorcycle. It will lose all its value and it has very little benefit. I can get a good motorcycle for $5000, and $25k buys a LOT of gasoline.

Some people want the status of Harley-Davidson, but I am not one of those, and I believe they would not approve of the LiveWire, as they already disapprove of several models in their lineup already. You won't impress a Mercedes-fanboy with an A- or B-class, just like you won't impress the harley guys with a livewire.

I use my bike mostly for leisure, so for that the range would limit what I like to do. Which is just hop on the bike and ride around until I get tired. When the borders open I can go to Latvia on a whim, an electric bike would make that harder.

As a commuter bike in a big city it makes some sense, more so in american cities (high speed limits), but at that price point you have a lot of options. If you can spend $30k on a bike, you can afford gasoline. So why not get a H2 SE SX+? Or a BMW GS? Or the KTM 1290?
                  GS1000G 1981

Comment

Took my shadow out for a run into town. It's November on the west coast so he may not get many more chances this year...

400T-my shadow-2020-11-02.jpg

Comment

Great picture Gorminrider, and great caption.

Comment

Did a boring 70 mile flatliner loop.
                        Damp, dry sections, cars in the way, deer, road kill, long stop light moments, putting around driveline lash.
                        Whoop!
                        GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

I went down the Nestucca yesterday with 2 pals. The lower route, along the river, was wet, dark and a couple weeks late to be in a small canyon in the mountains.

On the way back, went over Bald Mt. Stopped at the overlook for a bit

IMG_20201101_141647988_HDR by Tn, on Flickr
                          1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                          1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                          1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                          1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                          1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                          1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                          2007 DRz 400S
                          1999 ATK 490ES
                          1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
                            I went down the Nestucca yesterday with 2 pals. The lower route, along the river, was wet, dark and a couple weeks late to be in a small canyon in the mountains.

On the way back, went over Bald Mt. Stopped at the overlook for a bit
                            Your GS1000 looks great!
                            Bikes:

1980 GS1000 restomod
                            2006 GSXR 750

Comment

Today I went for what was likely the last ride in the Utah mountains for 2020. Snow and cold are in the forecast here starting tomorrow. If you look closely in the background, you can see that the Snowbird ski resort is starting to make snow for the upcoming ski season.

Bikes:

1980 GS1000 restomod
                              2006 GSXR 750

Comment

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                                82 gs1100L probably the next project
                                1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                                1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Working...
                                X