No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I lazied out and am having the clutch on the Sportster, the stock version of which was completely overwhelmed by the 1200 conversion, replaced at the shop. I have tires coming for it, too.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

Big day yesterday, I'm just a jaunt away from hitting the big 8-0 K miles on the Bonneville. Record year officially over 40K miles on my motorcycles... Snow and rain, challenging day but it was allot of fun, not allot of traffic so I had the roads to myself.

Riding season is just about done here. I'm off for 2 months in 2 weeks, so I'll be working on the FZ6 Project. Pandemic be damned I have had one of the best riding seasons of my life. Very acquainted with my local roads and can say Vermont, New Hampshire and Upstate New York is some of the best places to ride in the US.

Hope Ya'll have a great Thanksgiving, Stay safe and have a great start to your holiday season!
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Thanks for the update Jedz!

Wow! Off for 6 weeks, huh? NICE!!!

Happy beginning of the Holiday Season.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Pretty awesome mileage total, Jedz. I only did 10K in the past year, but it was a great 10K. I don't envy you the winter there. I almost moved to Concord, New Hampshire last year. Beautiful area, but I have to say, I prefer a state where you can ride year-round. Some great roads out here in the West. The Devil's Highway is every bit the western Dragon, Salt River Canyon is a stunning twisty run, and local stuff like Bartlett Lake and Tortilla Flat make for really good quick trips.
          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

I rode a little over 16,000 miles for the year. Not to bad for not crossing the Mississippi river. Next year should be a great year. The company that bought us out last year announced their benefit package. Turns out I'll be getting ten more days of vacation, a total of 25 days! I told my boss, I'll be able to ride to Alaska! 🌞
            My Motorcycles:
            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
            79 1000e (all original)
            82 850g (all original)
            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post

.!
              Good mileage total!

Tell us about that helmet. Vintage?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

40k in a year? Sheesh, Jedz. I was thinking, you may have single handedly burned every dinosaur thet fell in Vermont, LOL. Then I searched for dinosaurs found in Vermont and found none. Seriously? Nobody has ever discovered a fossilized dino-bone in Vermont? So, I then wondered how many other states were in the dino free status. Turns out that 13 states have no traces of dinosaur remains.

Sorry, followed a rabbit trail there.

Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A
                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

After a very awkward drive through order at whataburger, we ate Thanksgiving lunch at the park.

20201126_150402 by Roger, on Flickr

After lunch we decided to ride up the other side of that mountain.

20201126_155426 by Roger, on Flickr

We intended to go up to the crest, but sand and salt on the road made it too sketchy. Made it to the Sandia Peak ski area and decided to turn back

20201126_155642 by Roger, on Flickr
                  Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A
                  Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                    Good mileage total!

Tell us about that helmet. Vintage?
                    Thanks! It's been a great year. Making the best I could out of a bad situation with limited to no out of Northeast travel.

As for the Helmet, its a Brandy new Biltwell gringo S ECE in Yukon Gold!
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                      40k in a year? Sheesh, Jedz. I was thinking, you may have single handedly burned every dinosaur thet fell in Vermont, LOL. Then I searched for dinosaurs found in Vermont and found none. Seriously? Nobody has ever discovered a fossilized dino-bone in Vermont? So, I then wondered how many other states were in the dino free status. Turns out that 13 states have no traces of dinosaur remains.

Sorry, followed a rabbit trail there.

Well I get Ethanol free fuel for the T120 and all that comes from our Canadian friends just north of the border. Vermont has no petroleum production, Even our electricity comes from Canada (Mostly Hydro power). Fracking and drilling was banned here 15 years ago or so...

We did find a whale here.. Vermont was an inland sea in ancient times. My house would have been beach front property. Glacial deposits and erosion has aged these mountains more so than others south of the Appalachian range.

Very cool geography here. Ancient mountains that have been eroding for hundreds of millions of years.

Anyway the dyno juice budget is $200 monthly. gets me through as the Bonneville grabs 55-60MPG pretty consistently.

Best,
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Got out twice today for some errands. Small stuff that could be done on the cycle.
                        On the way home tonight a guy may or may not have tried to race me. He was in a Dodge Durango SRT, and took off like a bat out of hades when the light went green. I let him go.. he also may have been toying with the nearly identical car to my right when we were at the light.
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                          On the way home tonight a guy may or may not have tried to race me. He was in a Dodge Durango SRT,
                          Always wondered if the Dodge team were having a chuckle after watching Clockwork Orange.

That original cries out for something under the bonnet to do the looks justice.
                          ---- Dave
                          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Sometimes just getting out for a ride is a task in itself. This morning I had to finish some regrouting of tile from 1955 in our bathrooms that was in poor condition and allowing water to leak into the basement.

Then with my wife going out, I was tasked with making sure two teenagers got up and took care of responsibilities before goofing off for the day. By 1 pm calmly threatened that if they didn't get moving, I would literally take the internet router and leave..... That worked.

Before heading out, a quick pre ride check revealed that I had a bad bulb in my taillight. One of the running lights (1150s have two taillight bulbs ) was out. A quick check in the garage turned up no spares, so I rode to the auto supply and picked up a set and changed them in the parking lot.

Once out on the bike, time slowed down. I rode to Belmar, a nearby beach town which was faiy busy. I stopped for a break and admired an absolutely beautiful 70 Mach 1 Mustang. I followed the shoreline a bit north to Ocean Grove then headed home. I took the byways out, the highway home. I'm forever enamored with the sound of the 1150 howling at highway speed and savored it as it may be the last time 'till next season. It was barely in the 50s today and this cold blooded rider was chilly, plus with my recent thumb modifications, it gets cold really easy now, to the point of hurting. Hopefully it's temporary.

Just a two hour or so outing, but it felt much longer indicating that it was a good one.. I needed it.
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

still sounds like a successful outing Glen! Pics?
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

So today, I think I figured out why you guys love your GS's so much.
                                Last edited by Jedz123; 11-30-2020, 01:56 AM.
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                                X