anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
    Running well now? So glad to see it back in the wild!
    It is a BEAST now. I haven't put it on a dyno, and am currently using the Power Vision Autotune to adjust settings overall, but it feels like a completely different animal. It is a long, heavy bike, but it can loft the front wheel pretty easily now.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

Weather report was for today to be the nicest day of the week, sunny, clear, 45degF, calm.
      SO planned to get some things done in the morning, and go for ride in afternoon.
      But didnt get out till almost 4pm, and was barley 40degF.

Went out of town, saw an interesting gravel road had recently been graded and looked dry, so headed that way.
      Stopped to look into a marshy/wooded area.

Rode around, then back out onto pavement. Rode for about 45 minutes. Should have had heavier gear. But the grip heaters really helped.
      Getting toward sunset, so headed down to beach area.
      Seemed like a hundred cars had the same idea, and were clogging up the small area that is open at the state park there.
      Found a way between some posts/gates and followed a walkway into the closed beach parking lot. Wide open there with no cars around to clutter view of the lake and pier. Turned around and parked bike.
      Got off bike and see is a city cop back in the open area looking at me.

I suspect I might be having a chat with him before too long.

But I get out camera, and go about waiting to see if any color to the sunset.
      Take some pics. Watch a kite surfboarder.

P1090515 by Dave Redman, on Flickr

(Ill spare you pics of the pier, you have seen many of those.)

P1090499 by Dave Redman, on Flickr

Decide not to wait till after sunset, (it was getting colder, and I had already been getting cold) so headout before sunset is over to beat all those cars out of the parking lot. And I see the cop is still sitting there.

So I ride between the post and down a walkway (to bypass a closed gate), in plain view of the cop. But now there is a car parked in parking lot right at the end of the walkway where walkway meets the parking lot. So I have to make a turn at a tee in the walkway, which could be a problem since if a tire were to drop off the walkway would be in deep soft beach sand. Make the turn no problem and get to parking lot that way.

Cop follows me through the parking lot and out onto the street, but turns away a couple blocks later.

Got home as is about dark. Am cold (should have geared up more), but was good to get out for a ride.
      Last edited by Redman; 12-03-2020, 09:12 AM. Reason: opps, duplicate pictures

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

We had the complete opposite weather wise here, we're in a heatwave! It was still a great morning out for our Kristmas Katana Katch-Up though.

You know it's hot when you get up on to Mt Mee (our usual destination) and it feels no cooler. There's normally a few degrees difference when you get up there but not yesterday.

Untitled by starpoint73, on Flickr
        1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
          We had the complete opposite weather wise here, .....
          You and those from southern California (and Vancouver Island) can keep us northern mid-western US folks entertained with pics.

Say, Pete, Is there ever any customers at that IGA store....?

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Near 50degF today.
            In December !
            (all next week the predicted highs are in low-mid 30s)
            So, go for ride.
            Took this one since it hasnt been out in a while.

Stopped for these pics to show more how can better see the duneland topography this time of year.

Comment

Great shots Dave!
              Enjoy the good weather... It's been snowing like a Mutha around here. I Haven't ridden in days. Last time it was 22' F and it was freezing!!!

BUT...

Now I'm enjoying driving my little 6-speed Hot Hatch. Because... Well, it's winter now.

Guess I'll be putting my helmet up for the season soon enough. Might sneak out with the FZ6 but no complaints as it's been the best season I've done so far!

Best,
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
              Originally posted by Hayabuser
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Ton Up! On the Triumph!!!

Nice photo Jedz...and cool little car.

My son-in-law has a VW GTI that is so cool and Racy...I'm thinking of buying a new Tacoma in the new year...we'll see.

Be safe and thanks for sharing photos.

REDMAN, thanks for sharing your cold adventures too!

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post

My son-in-law has a VW GTI that is so cool and Racy...I'm thinking of buying a new Tacoma in the new year...we'll see.

Ed

Drive the Tacoma and make sure the tranny doesn't drive you nuts. I've got a '16 and love everything about the truck except the transmission. Which I hate.
                  '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post

Ed

Thanks Ed!
                    Hope you have a great holiday season.
                    The ole' Bonneville is now officially decommissioned from being the daily rider. I suspect it will be cleaned more often and it will be ran as is for a long while.

The Fit was purchased mainly for it's towing capacity. 2000lbs and with towing a 450lbs motorcycle I was still fetching 26MPG. The GMC would get 16MPG while loaded. The car is incredibly versatile. Unloaded it is an absolute blast to drive, 2000lbs, 130HP V-TEC engine and a 6-speed manual. The car moves quickly and shifts nicely. There is definitely faster things but when commuting it's not uncommon to see 40-46MPG. Reminds me of the 5th Gen Civic HB Si. Peppy, quick and fun. Not going to be the fastest thing but it certainly nis allot of fun to drive! I call it a Civic all the time. Haha.

I'm done with trucks, sure they are nice I'm certain situations but with a trailer my FIT is doing everything my truck was doing for me except I enjoy driving it.

Cheers!
                    Last edited by Jedz123; 12-11-2020, 07:50 AM.
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                    Originally posted by Hayabuser
                    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Noreg View Post
                      My fatbike has magical tyres that works amazingly on ice.
                      Does it have the rubber that is infused with fiberglass or something? I bought boots last year for ice fishing that I don't need to wear creepers with, as long as the ice isn't covered with water. It sticks like glue! Little blue pads that have some sort of fiberglass or something that sticks to ice. I call them my magic boots!

Currently bikeless
                      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                        You and those from southern California (and Vancouver Island) can keep us northern mid-western US folks entertained with pics.

Say, Pete, Is there ever any customers at that IGA store....?
                        Haha yep we can help with the pics, although maybe not this weekend as there is just a small amount of precipitation around

There are indeed customers at the IGA, they just know not to park where all the Katanas do, especially with all this social distancing going on.
                        1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by RichDesmond View Post
                          Drive the Tacoma and make sure the tranny doesn't drive you nuts. I've got a '16 and love everything about the truck except the transmission. Which I hate.
                          I'm just browsing the 2021s...Geeze! I thought the Tacoma would be alot cheaper than the Tundra but the top-of-the-line Tacoma (here in DE) is about $48K!!!

There's no sense in getting the in-line 4 cylinder...but darn, what a price difference to the V6!

Starts at $26,150.00 and can go up to $48,000.00.

If I get one, I want to stay as close to $30K...but it looks like what I really like is around $38K.

Wife is OK with me getting a smaller TRUCK. The Tundra was just too much for her she said. I won't go into the details for her reasoning. lol

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                          Thanks Ed!
                          Hope you have a great holiday season.
                          The ole' Bonneville is now officially decommissioned from being the daily rider. I suspect it will be cleaned more often and it will be ran as is for a long while.

The Fit was purchased mainly for it's towing capacity. 2000lbs and with towing a 450lbs motorcycle I was still fetching 26MPG. The GMC would get 16MPG while loaded. The car is incredibly versatile. Unloaded it is an absolute blast to drive, 2000lbs, 130HP V-TEC engine and a 6-speed manual. The car moves quickly and shifts nicely. There is definitely faster things but when commuting it's not uncommon to see 40-46MPG. Reminds me of the 5th Gen Civic HB Si. Peppy, quick and fun. Not going to be the fastest thing but it certainly nis allot of fun to drive! I call it a Civic all the time. Haha.

I'm done with trucks, sure they are nice I'm certain situations but with a trailer my FIT is doing everything my truck was doing for me except I enjoy driving it.

Cheers!
                          I remember your YouTube video when you used your Fit to get your recent bike! It was a slow ride but you saved on gas.

Same to you, Jedz...Happy Holidays and stay safe!

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Take a look at the Chevrolet Colorado, I love mine. I looked at them Taco's but I didn't like the styling. The grill looks like a large mouth bass ready to gobble up a lure! The Nissan is so out dated. The Ford ranger, I don't drive Fords. The Jeep, nope, way to expensive...
                            My Motorcycles:
                            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                            79 1000e (all original)
                            82 850g (all original)
                            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Took a ride out to Canyon Lake today. Was going to go to Tortilla Flat, but too many boat trailers made it too slow to enjoy. I'd upload a pic, but this stupid site doesn't seem to want to let me right now.
                              "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                              1982 CB900f

Comment

Rode both bikes for a while yesterday. The GS first maybe 50 miles or so. Later on rode the FJR. First winter with heated grips and I'm liking these. Grip temp using laser thermometer, was 44 before the ride. After turning on grip heater and 30 minute ride they were at 85 degrees.

Filled both with non ethanol gas and changed the oil/ filters too.
                                Roger

Current rides
                                1983 GS 850G
                                2003 FJR 1300A
                                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Working...
                                X