No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS Scott and I went for a nice 270ish mile ride yesterday ( I played hooky from work) in New Hampshire It was brisk but beautiful. Great to hang out with you Scott! Let's plan to meet up and ride more often!

Finished the day with a nice fire to warm up to and a fine crafter local Vermont Brew... NE GSR family is just awesome.

Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Started the day scraping ice (not frost, ice) off car windshield.
      (Sunrise photo walk on pier.)

By noon was 40degF.
      Had appointment 20 miles south, so rode along lakeshore dunes.
      45degF on way back. Stopped for pic along the back side of dune that had some fall color

Good to get out for a ride.
      Maybe should have had the liner back in riding pants.

Oh, also first ride of fall with the helmet shield closed down . . . ew, helmet liner needs a washing.

Last edited by Redman; 11-03-2021, 06:48 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
        GS Scott and I went for a nice 270ish mile ride yesterday ( I played hooky from work) in New Hampshire It was brisk but beautiful. Great to hang out with you Scott! Let's plan to meet up and ride more often!

Finished the day with a nice fire to warm up to and a fine crafter local Vermont Brew... NE GSR family is just awesome.

Simply gorgeous! Thanks for posting scenic photos!

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
          Started the day scraping ice (not frost, ice) off car windshield.
          (Sunrise photo walk on pier.)

By noon was 40degF.
          Had appointment 20 miles south, so rode along lakeshore dunes.
          45degF on way back. Stopped for pic along the back side of dune that had some fall color

Good to get out for a ride.
          Maybe should have had the liner back in riding pants.

Oh, also first ride of fall with the helmet shield down . . . ew, helmet liner needs a washing.

I love the Fall colors Redman. Thanks for sharing.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Rode to work yesterday, 32 miles one way. It was 36 degrees and a little frosty at 5am when I left. About 45 and partly cloudy on the way home after work. A bit chilly, but my new riding pants did GREAT! So warm, I could not believe how warm they are and how much they blocked the wind. Very impressive for such thin pants and such a cheap price.

Unfortunately no pictures for you guys, sorry. I'll try to get some this weekend if I go for a ride. Several good roads with fall colors around here right now.
            - 1983 GS850L ~ 30,000 miles and going up - Finally ready for a proper road trip!
            - 1977 GS750B - Sold but not forgotten

Comment

Would love to go for a ride if I could just regain enough energy that I've lost from this "illness".
              Current Bikes:
              2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by ddaniels View Post
                Would love to go for a ride if I could just regain enough energy that I've lost from this "illness".
                That's too bad, ddaniels. Hope your health keeps improving.
                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                  That's too bad, ddaniels. Hope your health keeps improving.
                  Thank you sir. Getting better each day.
                  Current Bikes:

Comment

Oh, Do tell more.
                    (have noticed you havent been around latley.)

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Today was such a nice day that I finally made my way to Kentucky for the first time this year (would go down at least a dozen times most years) and am so glad I did. Found some new roads that I hadn't ever tried before and even hit a favorite one. 235 miles later I pulled into the driveway wishing I didn't have to work tomorrow.

School Bus Mailbox Hwy 491 by Scott Baker, on Flickr

KY-22 7 Nov 2021 by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Wow Scott, we must have been on some of the same roads today! I rode on 25, 22 and 330 most of the afternoon on the Tracer! Hwy 25 south from Corinth has some lovely new asphalt all the way to Georgetown on it now! Took 127 south from Owenton on the way back home. (Lots of high-speed sweepers on it!)
                        Ron
                        When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
                        1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
                        1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
                        1982 GS1100E - April 2024 BOTM
                        1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Me and the GK (well, most of it) went for late afternoon ride.

When trying to get it started this afternoon, I was thinking of Rons statement about "....going through the carbs one more time", but then after a while it did start (and run well). Can report more on all that later.

But for now, yep, went for ride this afternoon.

Comment

Taking a risk without a headlight there Dave.
                            Current Bikes:

Comment

Taking a risk without a headlight there Dave.
                              Yep. Thanks for your concern.

I did hot wire the driving lights.

Comment

Originally posted by 1978GS750E View Post
                                Wow Scott, we must have been on some of the same roads today! I rode on 25, 22 and 330 most of the afternoon on the Tracer! Hwy 25 south from Corinth has some lovely new asphalt all the way to Georgetown on it now! Took 127 south from Owenton on the way back home. (Lots of high-speed sweepers on it!)
                                Took off 75 at the Mt Zion exit then jumped on 2043, 14, 17, 491, 25, 467, 22, and back home along 536 and 177 before getting back to Ohio. So yea we might have passed each other
                                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X