No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful bike and the road sign is a close second.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Very nice indeed! Glad we inspired you
      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
        Last ride of the year, it was excellent.
        No traffic, +10 and sunny.
        Yuck, 4 months til spring.

that is such a cool spot for a bike picture. some day i'm gonna go over the bridge and see if i can find it. supposed to snow tonight, that might be it for riding for a while.
        2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
        82 gs1100L probably the next project
        1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
        1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Took the 1K out for a ride after a rough day at work. Seemed alot warmer when I headed out so I only wore a long sleeve flannel and one of those light flannel jackets over it. I didn't go very far before I was wishing I had put on my heavier leather jacket and gloves. The low lying wooded areas I went through must've dropped 15-20 degrees. Needless to say I kept my ride fairly short as the sun was getting ready to set when I headed out.

Everytime I ride this bike after not riding awhile it always reminds me why I like the GS1000. It handles great, has some guts, and fits me perfectly,
          more so than my 1100. I'm not intimidated by it at all. Just outright fun.

This is for you folks up north who can no longer ride for the cold.
          But it is cold here for this time of year, we might have a cooler winter this year. Dipped down into the low 40's several times over the last couple of weeks.

sigpic
          Steve
          "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Eli, it is directly across the street from the Sheraton Hotel on Fallsview Blvd.
            They should keep the trees and shrubs trimmed a bit better in the summer.
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Last ride of the year, it was excellent.
              No traffic, +10 and sunny.
              Yuck, 4 months til spring.

Eli, it is directly across the street from the Sheraton Hotel on Fallsview Blvd.
              Hum, that is not a parkng lot is it?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

28 degrees.
                Pushed bike out of garage. Moved some stuff around.
                Pushed bike back into garage,

far back corner.

>> HEAVY SIGH <<

You may notice the snow on ground, and may notice that I said was 28 degrees.
                But also notice the salt on car, that is the significant factor.

Last edited by Redman; 11-24-2012, 03:33 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Went out today with my son and him on the GS450. Only 39F and very windy but still nice to get some riding in. We swapped bikes at this stop and he got to try the B-12 for the first time. Now I'll have to keep an eye on the Bandit since power is addicting.

Comment

Such a pity to see you having to put her away Redman, but salt is no good for sure... I'm so glad we don't get snow here! I like my year 'round riding

Lurch, great to see you out and about... and yes power can be addictive, but so can the fun of throwing around the little 450
                    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                      28 degrees.
                      Pushed bike out of garage. Moved some stuff around.
                      Pushed bike back into garage,

far back corner.

>> HEAVY SIGH <<

You may notice the snow on ground, and may notice that I said was 28 degrees.
                      But also notice the salt on car, that is the significant factor.

Oh what a shame to pickle it for the winter. But I think you rode as long as you possibly could. Salt, nasty stuff for sure, so highly corrosive, just isn't worth the risk of wrecking your bike. Hopefully it will be a short and mild winter. Will miss seeing your riding posts. You'll just have to put up with seeing mine.
                      sigpic
                      Steve

Comment

They should keep the trees and shrubs trimmed a bit better in the summer.
                        John it is just a wide sidewalk with observation binoculars.
                        Nobody seems to mind a quick photo-op illegal parking.
                        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I did go for a 24 mile jaunt to see an old friend who was down for Thanksgiving. It was pretty cool going over there and downright chilly coming home after the sun set. This taken just before heading back.
                          For as cool as it was there were still lots of bugs out.
                          Did go down (in a car) to Cocoa beach and someday I need to take a bike ride there as there's lots of pictures that need to be taken.
                          sigpic
                          Steve

Comment

I took my last ride yesterday. 1.5 miles to my storage unit. It was the shortest and sadest ride I took all year. Five months till next April for early chilly ride in lovely Vermont. Made a big mistake too, I forgot to get the bike inspected before I stored it. So now I have to haul it in my van to be ready for next year in case we get warm weekends early in the season.
                            Just love these New England Winters.

Comment

Originally posted by sedelen View Post
                              Oh what a shame to pickle it for the winter........
                              .................................................. .................................Will miss seeing your riding posts. You'll just have to put up with seeing mine.
                              You are not completly rid of my posting.
                              Was 35 degrees this afternoon (not the predicted 42), pulled the Shadow500 out from under cover, went for a Tag Game ride.

This area is to be used only for general GS topics. For non-GS related topics, join the Off-Topic usergroup. <b>Technical questions are not to be posted here.</b>

This area is to be used only for general GS topics. For non-GS related topics, join the Off-Topic usergroup. <b>Technical questions are not to be posted here.</b>

GK stayed under cover on lifesupport in back corner of garage. Not really pickled. Does have Stable in tank. But can get it out, if have a warm enough day, after a good rain that has washed salt away and road dry. All of which is not likley, but can happen.

In your post, is that you or your friend?, your or his bike?

Last edited by Redman; 11-25-2012, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                                You are not completly rid of my posting.
                                Was 35 degrees this afternoon (not the predicted 42), pulled the Shadow500 out from under cover, went for a Tag Game ride.

GK stayed under cover on lifesupport in back corner of garage. Not really pickled. Does have Stable in tank. But can get it out, if have a warm enough day, after a good rain that has washed salt away and road dry. All of which is not likley, but can happen.

In your post, is that you or your friend?, your or his bike?

You might get lucky and get some more riding days in before the end of year, I hope you get a run of good weather where you can do that.

That was me and my 1100 (Old age is not kind!). One thing I do know is that 1100 seat gets pretty hard in colder weather. High around 70 today, low's mid 40's. Temps drop rather quickly when the sun sets. Flannel shirt, jacket, and gloves today and it was still very chilly going back home 24 miles away.
                                Here's my friend with on my 1100.

This was him in '79 on his Yamaha SR500 (?), which he still has. We knew each other since '67 and he ended up with my first bike, a '69 Honda 65 Super Sport.
                                sigpic
                                Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X