No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20220412_194348.jpg After working on the motorcycle for most of the day, putting on the new wheels. I was finally able to get out for a ride.
    I kind of goofed up when buying my tires. I wanted the Michelin Road 5's. I ordered the Sport 5's, more of a race type tire. They may wear out sooner, but boy are they fun! I feel like I'm Eddie Lawson when hitting the curves!
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Steady Eddie instead of Stormin' Norman? Naaah...
      Love the look of the new wheels.
      Beautiful bike!
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
        20220412_194348.jpg After working on the motorcycle for most of the day, putting on the new wheels. I was finally able to get out for a ride.
        I kind of goofed up when buying my tires. I wanted the Michelin Road 5's. I ordered the Sport 5's, more of a race type tire. They may wear out sooner, but boy are they fun! I feel like I'm Eddie Lawson when hitting the curves!
        Bike looks awesome!
        Don't go with the pilot 5s....go to the pilot 4s....they last way longer. I just ordered another pair for my bmw.
        No signature

Comment

Dang Storm, love all them 900's, proud for ya'. Thought of you Sun. when coming out of local restaurant. I saw a nice, clean, shiny deep dark wine colored (not red) Kawa KZ900 sitting across the parking lot. Being amazed, as there's never one around here, went over & started talking to the guy. He started telling that it was an orig. 900LTD, only 2000 shipped to U.S. The more he talked the more I understood how little he knew about his bike, Not LTD tank, seat, nor bars, had spoked wheels, no chrome on instruments, a pretty nice old KZ900, only thing looked LTD, it did have dual disc up front. Wondering if he was just Puffing & thought nobody would know, Surely he didn't buy it thinking it was a 900 LTD... Never know, we meet all kinds.
          1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

First decent ride of the year. 200 mile round trip to the End of the World and back. Some great twisty mountain roads. Saw 2 Turkeys, a porcupine and a roughed grouse (PA state bird). Sorry, no picks of the wildlife (except me).

Eagles Mere.

Worlds End State Park.

revisited Hobo Vista. Sign’s gone.

This is a first. When close to home I noticed my headlight beam bouncing on the gravel road I was traveling. Stopped to check and notice 2 of the 3 screws that secure the headlamp flange to the bucket have gone bye-bye. I just noticed you can see the lamp hanging out of the bucket in the pic above. Maybe use a little blue lock-rite when I install new ones. Almost lost a $150 Truck-lite.

Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 04-15-2022, 07:48 PM.
            Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post

Worlds End State Park.
              .................................................. ........ Stopped to check and notice 2 of the 3 screws that secure the headlamp flange to the bucket have gone bye-bye. .
              Hey, that state park, can you drive in one side and go out the other? Whats on the other side?

Headlight bouncing around: Poor man's headlight modulator.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

https://www.dcnr.pa.gov/StateParks/F...s/default.aspx

Yes, can drive straight thru, Worlds End is on a very popular trout fishing creek. On a nice, hot summer weekend it’s jam packed with families swimming. Has some nice picnic area, has a nice snack shop, closed yesterday. Probably opens closer to Memorial Day. It’s near Forksville, which has a great General Store where you can get a good Lunch. Again, only open in the summer. The store is typically well stocked with a huge variety of candies and sodas, the kinds you don’t see anymore. All the great stuff you remember as a kid. Worth a visit if you’re in the area in the summertime.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
                Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 04-17-2022, 11:03 PM.
                Rich
                1982 GS 750TZ
                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

This was my first ride in months after having the bike down for valve shims, throttle body balance, etc.

D36D6A42-113F-4E11-B1A0-10C12A159A59.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Garfield View Post
                    This was my first ride in months after having the bike down for valve shims, throttle body balance, etc.
                    .......]
                    Hey Joe, Good to hear from you.
                    Nice pic (my pic of today could include snow.)
                    Good to see you are getting out and enjoying the island.

But, ah...... Did I miss something......

Originally posted by Joe Garfield View Post
                    . . . . . . . . . . but after a bad concussion I’m thinking of trying AGV K6 for the ECE rating*. .
                    ............................... .I crashed and got a very bad concussion . . . . . ..
                    Recent? Or you refering to the incident a couple(?few?) years ago when you were in California.
                    Not meaning to be too nosey, just wondering if I missed something.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                      Hey Joe, Good to hear from you.
                      Nice pic (my pic of today could include snow.)
                      Good to see you are getting out and enjoying the island.

But, ah...... Did I miss something......

Recent? Or you refering to the incident a couple(?few?) years ago when you were in California.
                      Not meaning to be too nosey, just wondering if I missed something.
                      Hey Dave! Good to see you, too. Yesterday I was reminiscing of that first ride you took me on.

Nothing new, the concussion is the one from California. My helmet is just getting worn out and ready to be replaced so it’s just on my mind. I also haven’t been riding much - I just got the Street Triple a few months ago, then decided to do the 12,000 service which ended up taking a few months (lost motivation after waiting for back-ordered parts.) But all is well, I love the new (to me) machine and it’s riding incredibly well.

Comment

After redoing the suspension in my front forks of the DR650 I took it out to my local BMW dealer Bike night... The first one in two years!
                        Free pizza, cake and free t shirts to the first 100 people...they gave them all away. Amazing turnout considering the weather was 6 degrees and rainy.
                        I'm proud of this dealership and how it gives back to our community.

And check this out a 1910 Indian that they took on trade from a guy in Victoria that completed the Cannonball on it! New York to California

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                          First decent ride of the year. 200 mile round trip to the End of the World and back. Some great twisty mountain roads. Saw 2 Turkeys, a porcupine and a roughed grouse (PA state bird). Sorry, no picks of the wildlife (except me).

Eagles Mere.

Worlds End State Park.

revisited Hobo Vista. Sign’s gone.

This is a first. When close to home I noticed my headlight beam bouncing on the gravel road I was traveling. Stopped to check and notice 2 of the 3 screws that secure the headlamp flange to the bucket have gone bye-bye. I just noticed you can see the lamp hanging out of the bucket in the pic above. Maybe use a little blue lock-rite when I install new ones. Almost lost a $150 Truck-lite.

Hey Rich!

Nice bike, bro!

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Rich, Hope you get the headlight sorted!

Out today, last big ride for me before I head to Maui Hawaii for a week, renting a Honda CB500X for 2 days and plan to get accustomed to the island!

Anyway took the big bore Monkey out in the trials and the back roads... good day despite being in the low 40's. Think we got 6" of snow 2 days ago.

Still dragging on that 100K mile service on the T120, no time, dad duties are trumping shop time. All good it will be nice to ride in the Pacific for day on end... too long.

Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                            Originally posted by Hayabuser
                            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                              ................................................. head to Maui Hawaii for a week, renting a Honda CB500X for 2 days and plan to get accustomed to the island!......
                              ew, DO report on that.

Comment

THis bike was still grimey from riding when roads were wett, so I puished it out into the rain last night for something of a cleanup.

Was gonna get out for a sunrize ride, near 50 degrees this morning, but by the time I got out the sun was already out.
                                Got an east view of low sun and rode for a west view, then out to breakfast, then a bit more of a ride.

Was out for about 3 hours this morning.

TOday is first 70 degF day, but I had other stuff going on this afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                                X