No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20220511_112753.jpg I had a few days off work, so I decided to do the S.O.L. (southern Ohio loop). I rode south to Marietta Ohio, I had a wonderful meal, I spent the night there... Today I worked my way north. I had to stop to see the "Big Muskey", well it's shovel anyway. A huge Drag Line shovel that was used to remove earth to get to the Coal.
    I had a wonderful couple of day exploring southeast Ohio.

Oh, if the seat looks hard, it is! 200 miles and I'm done! Lol
    Last edited by storm 64; 05-11-2022, 10:04 PM.
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Ride yesterday.
      had noticed that have been kinda careless operating the clutch on take off lately, which I have learned that if get away with that is probably sign that clutch is slipping. So on ride today…. Yep, can get clutch to slip without trying too hard. Checked cable adjustment, okay. Oh…..pouieeee.
      Attached Files

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Gorgeous weather.
        Got the GS 100% up to snuff this year and finally have the electrics sorted. Passed State inspection and put about 200 miles on the 44 year old bike over the past couple of days. Not bad looking for a $500 barn find.

It's a sweet little peach of a bike. Very happy with it.
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I went for a 50km test ride. It seemed to work well. It was raining so much and my fingers was so cold I didnt really feel like picture taking.

When I got home it was snowing. Good news is my new rain clothes seems to keep me 100% dry.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.
          GS1000G 1981

Comment

Man, all that snow!!!
            Hope things are going well in your neck of the woods Noreg. Ride safe and sending thoughts of warm weather out your way!
            Cheers!
            -Jedz
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

On my way to wake up the 6 year old grand kid so we could watch last nite's lunar eclipse. Of course you can't see it cuz my phone camera is crap but there is a respectable bite out of the moon at this point.

My kid has a much better camera on his phone and got this pic>

The grand kid did get up and see it but he was pretty out of it and went back to bed.
              2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
              82 gs1100L probably the next project
              1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
              1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Awesome!!! It was really a great view on the late night ride from work.
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                  Gorgeous weather.
                  Got the GS 100% up to snuff this year and finally have the electrics sorted. Passed State inspection and put about 200 miles on the 44 year old bike over the past couple of days. Not bad looking for a $500 barn find.
                  [IMG2=JSON]{"data.
                  G2]
                  It's a sweet little peach of a bike. Very happy with it.
                  Really nice!

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Yesterday, rode with Justin Redmanson (Tiger1050) and a friend of his (HD SoftailSomething).
                    55degF when left at 7am.

Destination was Baldwin Blessing of the Bikes which is about 80 miles.
                    But we took a indirect route on some of the few intersting roads in the area.

Here we stopped at a park in Newaygo.
                    Justin is a weird kinda guy that looked for picturesque place to park the bikes and have a group photo.

GOt to Baldwin, roads into town closed to all but bikes.
                    Town full of bikes, and vendors. Walked around town for just a little bit to see the specticle of it all.

Rode into the airport grounds about noon.
                    THis view is toward the front, and can see only about 1/3rd of the crowd in front of us, is lot more to left and more to right.
                    ANd the bikes kept coming in and lining up (as directed) behind us. Bye 1 oclock was more behind us that in front of us.

Afterwards went for more of ride in that area, then back home.

Upper 70s by mid afternboon.
                    Home about 5pm, About 250 miles for the day.

Comment

Fantastic Dave!!! Love that last shot next to the river, looking great my friend! Ride safe!
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

20220516_183402.jpg I went out for a after work ride only having to dodge the rain... It was weird, I was in brilliant sunshine but being rained on? I knew that there has to be a rainbow out there somewhere. I looked over my shoulder and WOW! I pulled over and took a couple of pictures.

Oh, look at the left mirror, you can see the sunshine.
                        Last edited by storm 64; 05-16-2022, 10:07 PM.
                        My Motorcycles:
                        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                        79 1000e (all original)
                        82 850g (all original)
                        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Here I am crossing Bull Shoals lake from the Missouri side into Arkansas on the "peel ferry". Had some good luck with timing as they were just opening the gates for boarding. Only me and one other rider on a Kawasaki

IMG_20220516_174846264 by Larry Alkire, on Flickr
                          Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                          '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                          '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                          '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                          '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Jedz, that bike is gorgeous. What is it?

In am so envious about your weather, I went for a ride in the rain today (it stopped snowing for a bit, yay) and it is chilly out here. Will post pictures when my phone starts cooperating.

From my ride today. My bike is running strangely, won't idle and was hard to start. It doesn't like wet or cold, and it is both wet and cold. It ran fine when I got going, and I have inflated the tyres well so it feels much more stable. I am loving my bags, and now they are stuck on well, the locks are crap though so i should look into replacing them.

Notice the warship in the back?

And its the norwegian national day!

Last edited by Noreg; 05-17-2022, 10:37 AM.
                            GS1000G 1981

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                              20220511_112753.jpg I had a few days off work, so I decided to do the S.O.L. (southern Ohio loop). I rode south to Marietta Ohio, I had a wonderful meal, I spent the night there... Today I worked my way north. I had to stop to see the "Big Muskey", well it's shovel anyway. A huge Drag Line shovel that was used to remove earth to get to the Coal.
                              I had a wonderful couple of day exploring southeast Ohio.

Oh, if the seat looks hard, it is! 200 miles and I'm done! Lol
                              I have motorcycle pics of Big Muskey too with another GPZ group I use to belong to.
                              Current Bikes:
                              2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

I had another day of riding fast and shifting A LOT!!! I'm vacationing in the Ozarks of Arkansas and Missouri.
                                Today I snapped a few pics of what's known as the Arkansas grand canyon.
                                Beautiful area.IMG_20220517_125146039_HDR by Larry Alkire, on Flickr
                                ​​​​​​​IMG_20220517_125300433_HDR by Larry Alkire, on Flickr
                                ​​​​​​​
                                Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                                '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                                '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                                '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                                '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X