anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ron, Larry, Great post and story.
    Apparently Larry, you trailered both your bikes to there so could have GS rides and new bike rides.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Hey, I have something of a ride tommorow.
      300+ miles to there one way, and then back . . . but with van & trailer . . . to retrieve/rescue Justin Redmanson.

He went there Thursday, but made over 400 mile ride of it to get to Sault Saint Marie.
      Then did 1000 mile loop around Lake Huron on Friday.
      Then 1000 mile loop around Lake Superior today. (Iron Butt crazy stuff.)
      ANd now tire that was kinda close to wear bars is showing cords ....opps.....
      He is embarrassed, maybe I should not be telling on him.
      I'll not harass him, er, um, not too much anyway.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Morning ride yesterday.
        Not much of a story, but like the picture I got with morning sun shining in about same direction I am looking. Then went out for breakfast.

Oh, there is something of a story.
        Wasnt anybody walking the channel walkway, and no activity in parking lot, so I backed bike down the inclined walkway (more of a parking lot drain way).
        Took a few pictures. ANd then rode back up to the parking lot, and in other corner of parking lot was a guy sitting in state conservation department officer car. Opps.
        But I figure from the elvation difference and the dune grass, he probably could not have seen me, he was looking out at the pier anyway, and I didnt seem to get his attention at all.
        So I parked bike in parking lot and went for walk out on the pier (cant see this pier in this pic, is behind that tree). On way back the guy still sitting there, and he was quite chatty. He said he was there to do random survey of counting boats going out and in, and count fishermen on pier, and survey the fishermen as to what they were catching. And that he did these surveys for the fisherys department and had zero law enforcment duties.

Comment

Little ride today
          No signature

Comment

I took the Kawasaki out for a sunset ride. It was a beautiful evening. 20220624_214116.jpg
            My Motorcycles:
            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
            79 1000e (all original)
            82 850g (all original)
            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Larry, Dave, Trev and Norm. Looks like some good riding!!!
              Enjoy your Sunday folks!
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
              Originally posted by Hayabuser
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I'm headed up to Bedford Indiana today to see if the Brown County Rally is still going on. Sure hope I'm not too late. Surely there must be a few stragglers still there.
                Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

It's an area of the country I wish was closer. Great riding! Enjoy your day!
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                  2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                  Originally posted by Hayabuser
                  Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Got the FJR back together on Father's day and rode for a while with my son. He rode it last weekend and yesterday I got it out for a little while. Sure is nice to have it back on the road after his mishap last year.

No pics of yesterday's ride, but this was Father's day.

Roger

Current rides
                    1983 GS 850G
                    2003 FJR 1300A
                    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Made it to Bedford and wouldn't you just know that it started raining as soon as I hit the city limits. I mean c'mon, what's a trip to Bedford without rain.
                      I can't really complain though as it was just a drizzle. Actually felt good and then the sun came out and the humidity shot through the roof.
                      Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

Roger, that's a great looking pair of bikes.
                        Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
                          Made it to Bedford and wouldn't you just know that it started raining as soon as I hit the city limits. I mean c'mon, what's a trip to Bedford without rain.
                          I can't really complain though as it was just a drizzle. Actually felt good and then the sun came out and the humidity shot through the roof.
                          It rained when we were there also....LOL. Say hello to Jay!
                          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post

It rained when we were there also....LOL. Say hello to Jay!
                            Consider it done. He had me sign the back of the hotel replica that Scott presented to him. It's on full display at the front desk.

Edit: nice work Scott.
                            Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
                              Roger, that's a great looking pair of bikes.
                              Thanks Larry. I enjoyed seeing your pics of yours and Ron's great looking bikes in Kentucky.
                              Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A
                              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post

Thanks Larry. I enjoyed seeing your pics of yours and Ron's great looking bikes in Kentucky.
                                Unfortunately, I didn't get any pics of our two old GS1000s. We put a couple hundred miles on them and they ran like they did back in 78 and 79. Well close anyway.

Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

Working...
                                X