No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had the GR out today. Upper '50's in Indy on Dec 1? Yup, I'm riding. Had some plumbing work to do first, but once done?
    Returned to a familiar spot. I was here on Christmas day last winter.

Just down the road. An opportunity to show the dent in the tank.

Same place, different angle, different editing.

Stopped here because I felt something enter the front of my helmet. Glanced down and saw a bee on the inside of my chin bar. On Dec. 1, in Indiana, a bee. Thought it best to divest myself of the passenger and then took a picture of the lonely road.

Comment

Good one Rook! Looks like a nice ride

What's the story with the dent in the tank? Did I miss something or has it always been there?
      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

The dent has been there as long as I've had the bike. The PO got it from his brother-in-law and told me that the BIL had been hit by a car on the right side some years before he sold the bike.

The only other evidence of that was the rear brake lever. It was bent upward to the point that the footpiece gouged into the side case.

Had hoped to have those items fixed by now, but until Bwringer jumped in to solve the brake issue it had consumed my time. May try to get the dent out this winter and paint in the spring.

Comment

Intersting posed photos. And photos go along with story of the ride and show the road.

Originally posted by oldrookie View Post
          ......I was here on Christmas day last winter.

....... May try to get the dent out this winter and paint in the spring.
          And still try to color coordinate with the church door?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Brian found that the seal around the caliper piston was too tight. Pulled the piston too far back from the disc and required too much movement to create stopping power.

He"polished" the seal with a Scotchbrite pad soaked in brake fluid until he got the movement he wanted out of the piston. Took him about an hour to fix what I worked on for months. My brakes are excellent now.

I really like the bars too, Old_skool. Very comfortable and create a very neutral riding position. Tried some Superbike bars, but I hurt after 20 minutes. Ended up giving them to a GSR member from Mass. The dirt bike bars also give me a place to mount a GoPro camera.

Redman, hadn't thought about trying to match the door. Was going more for the bows on the fence. How are things in the great north? (I'm a Cadillac Viking and am still up there frequently to visit Mom.)

Comment

....Redman, hadn't thought about trying to match the door. Was going more for the bows on the fence. .....
              Was mostly joking about matching the doors. But was wondering about the choice of that location for a picture, and noticed the bike seemed to match the door..and the bows. Thought maybe you just liked that church. The decoration and the trees did fill in the rest of the frame nicely for an intersting picture.

In recent weeks, Have had a couple days with snow. And a couple days well above average temps (upper 50s or into 60s). But in general, yep, riding season pretty much over.

Indiania to Cadillac, do you sometimes take the bike?
              Maybe you go up I-196 & US-131, but if you go up US31 then you go right thru here.
              Maybe sometime plan some extra time, and can go for ride on some intersting roads (some of the few) around here enroute to Cadillac.

Last edited by Redman; 12-02-2012, 02:56 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

The dent has been there as long as I've had the bike. The PO got it from his brother-in-law and told me that the BIL had been hit by a car on the right side some years before he sold the bike.

The only other evidence of that was the rear brake lever. It was bent upward to the point that the footpiece gouged into the side case.

Had hoped to have those items fixed by now, but until Bwringer jumped in to solve the brake issue it had consumed my time. May try to get the dent out this winter and paint in the spring.
                Aaaah I see... my 450 has a similar gouge in the clutch cover from what seems to be the same reason by a PO at some point. Unfortunately I have a small bit of road rash on the stator cover now from my off the other week although it will mostly polish out.

Sounds like a good winter project to fix that dent though

sigpic

Comment

Agreed, Pete.

Redman, haven't taken the bike north yet, but your pictures are always viewed with great interest down here. Maybe next summer.

Comment

So I didn't exactly go for a ride, but I did sit on it and go "vroom vroom"....

Comment

Originally posted by hjacobmiller View Post
                      So I didn't exactly go for a ride, but I did sit on it and go "vroom vroom"....
                      Pic's or it didn't happen

Actually, in this case video...

sigpic

Comment

thought about riding today but didnt beat the rain unfortunately.... oh well
                        Brian

82 GS1100E
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by reliant_turbo View Post
                          thought about riding today but didnt beat the rain unfortunately.... oh well
                          I hear that....non stop rain here near Cleveland all day today and most of yesterday.

Comment

Last commute on the bike for this year. Over 100 miles commuting today starting out in the early morning dark, with drizzle and 45 degrees....ending with an after dark ride home at 35 degrees and dropping quick, strong winds and snow squalls. I was the only bike on the roads of NH today and in the parking lot. Just weekend joy rides from here on til early spring.

Comment

I went out for a ride day before yesterday, late posting as I just got back this computer from the shop. Extermely nice weather, 9 miles from my home is a drag rack track in Bithlo. You can take your car or bike there if you want and drag race it. I have done that, don't want to make someone else look bad you know .

Stopped along the St. John's river to stretch my legs.

Not really a sunset pic, just caught the sun behind a cloud.
                              sigpic
                              Steve
                              "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Just another off the wall pic. I used to go fishing as a kid on that river oh so long ago. Some trophy black bass there for sure, 10 pounders not all that uncommon.

These may well be my very last posts for an indefinite period. My computer is dying. I'll either have to get it repaired or replaced, still exploring my options, but it is very unstable to say the least. I will not send out E-mails in case it's viruses. Anyway, I got one more pic to post, and since I don't know when I'll be back. I'd like to wish everyone a safe and merry X-mass beforehand.

And so this is X-mass! Christmas Florida that is, all year round. Merry Christmas to all of you and your families!
                                sigpic
                                Steve
                                "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Working...
                                X