No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zero GSX in my RF.... unless you count the GSX-R-esque engine Suzuki put in. Still a fun old dinosaur to spend an afternoon on.

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
    2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Smokey on the island the last couple of days...big fire in Hope BC
      No signature

Comment

Ugh: My mint 1250 Bandit is hurting. Riding into work today, there's lots of deer in our area so I hug the centerline and keep it to 50-55KPH but it wasn't enough. A doe jumped out of the ditch and right into my path, I grabbed brake big time and steered into the other lane so I didn't run over her (and go down myself). She clipped the front, right side of me and broke everything she could. Headlight, front fender, upper fairing, side fairing, she glanced off my knee too but fortunately it isn't hurt. Really not worth fixing it unfortunately as it's only a $3500 bike totally mint and it would cost lots to repair it. 60,000km with no damage whatsoever until this. Beer time.
        Attached Files
        1986 1150EF
        2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

That does stink but obviously could have been so much worse
          A naked Bandit would be fun.
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by Big Block View Post
            Ugh: My mint 1250 Bandit is hurting. Riding into work today, there's lots of deer in our area so I hug the centerline and keep it to 50-55KPH but it wasn't enough. A doe jumped out of the ditch and right into my path, I grabbed brake big time and steered into the other lane so I didn't run over her (and go down myself). She clipped the front, right side of me and broke everything she could. Headlight, front fender, upper fairing, side fairing, she glanced off my knee too but fortunately it isn't hurt. Really not worth fixing it unfortunately as it's only a $3500 bike totally mint and it would cost lots to repair it. 60,000km with no damage whatsoever until this. Beer time.
            minor damage well worth fixing imo. Thinking of selling?

1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Nah: I'm going to weld up the cracks from the back as well as I can without affecting the paint. Might try to find a better headlight though.
              1986 1150EF
              2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

As noted, glad that youre ok.
                A good article on plastic repair.
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

GS at the Hoban Monument...
                  <right click for full size pic>

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/homes-and-property/memorial-to-irish-architect-of-white-house-unveiled-in-kilkenny-1.927297
                  ---- Dave
                  79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                  80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                  79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                  92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

First blizzard of the winter headed my way should be here tomorrow so I went for what is possibly the last ride of the year. Added Seafoam to tank then topped it off with fuel ready for winter storage if need be.
                    1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Blizzard?? Calgary is forecasting 19*C and sunny for tomorrow.
                      2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                      2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Ron (1978750E) and I stopped for the best BBQ in Missouri, imho.
                        ​​IMG_20220917_130323808_HDR by Larry Alkire, on FlickrIMG_20220917_130313020_HDR by Larry Alkire, on Flickr

we also witnessed a bald eagle snacking on the remains of an armadillo. Couldn't get a pic of that.

Then we stopped at a small stream running under the highway with chystal clear water running under it so clear we could see
                        a whole school of minnows. For some strange reason the pic of the creek didn't work. I'll try again

IMG_20220917_134723053 by Larry Alkire, on Flickr

​​​​​​​
                        ​​​​​​​
                        Last edited by alke46; 09-18-2022, 09:48 PM.
                        Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                        '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                        '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                        '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                        '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

There!!! Finally. That water was just begging for me take a big drink of it. Probably would have been ok but was just told about the town of Piedmont having tested positive for ecoli the previous day.
                          I would think the creek water was probably good.
                          Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

I just got back from a small ride on the famous hwy 7 from Harrison to Jasper prior to sunset (this is Arkansas) and learned a good lesson about riding with proper gear.

My jacket got some blood splatter on the white, of course, but the face shield took a big hit right between my eyes. It was as though someone sling shot a tomato and scored big time.IMG_20220918_191557602 by Larry Alkire, on Flickr
                            Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
                              Ron (1978750E) and I stopped for the best BBQ in Missouri, imho..
                              .8203;
                              Riding all day, BBQ & stopping to look at a creek . . . .
                              I should ride with you guys.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Seems like one of the best days of this summer was yesterday, three days before autumn.

Both the 11yo and 8yo grandkids and my wife (grandma) all wanted to go for ride with our son (Justin Redmanson) and me (grandpa). But grandma didnt want to go too far, and stay off certain roads. So we figured out the logistics to make that all happen.

Driveway pic (no roadside pic).....

Justin, Tiger1050, with one kid.
                                Grandpa, RT with other kid (switch after stopping for ice cream) (Ice Cream being another grandma request/requirement.)
                                Grandma, Shadow500.

Recent weeks my wife (grandma) has been wanting to get back on the bike, has been 3+ years, so we had a couple practice sessions. (need some more).

On an other note: Just received replacement stator & R/R (are other postings about that story), so should have GK back on road before too long.
                                Last edited by Redman; 09-19-2022, 10:26 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X