No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rode the mini trail up to the neighbors and back......33deg.
    V
    Gustov
    80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
    81 GS 1000 G
    79 GS 850 G
    81 GS 850 L
    83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
    80 GS 550 L
    86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
    2002 Honda 919
    2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

"Cold"

All you guys up north will laugh at this, got out on the Beemer this morning @ 0700 to have BK with MiloBramble. 46 and raining. WTF, this is the freakin desert. Been here too long to deal with cold weather, had all my winter gear on and still was chilled after 30 miles. The only thing that should be chilled are Martini's and Beer..maybe a Margarita...

Comment

Thanks for the desktop photo Trevor.

I'll be adding to this thread in a month or two. My project WILL run and it WILL look good.

Comment

Originally posted by wedoo2 View Post
          Thanks for the desktop photo Trevor.

I'll be adding to this thread in a month or two. My project WILL run and it WILL look good.
          LOL..glad to help. You got any pics of your project?
          No signature

Comment

i walked by my bike in the garage and gave it a little pet like one would give a dog or a cat.

they already started salting so its away. dont want to have to deal with that nonsense.

Brian
            Brian

82 GS1100E
            sigpic

Comment

Had several shots, but my computer did not play fair today. Apparently lied when it said the shots were imported, but was truthful when it said the shots were deleted off the card.

So here's the one I got. Nothing exciting, just a park near the house known for its Frisbee golf course--if you are into that kind of thing.

Had some nice shots down by the prison where Mike Tyson spent a few years, but they weren't all that close. Don't like to make people with weapons nervous.

Did decide that 43 degrees is about as cold as I can ride. Full mesh pants aren't really conducive to long rides and even my good ski gloves weren't up the the task today. Only about an hour riding, but long enough to get reasonably cold.

Comment

That photo even *looks* cold! Glad to see you still out and about though
                1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                  That photo even *looks* cold! Glad to see you still out and about though
                  Could be time to dig into some things I want to do with the bike. Been waiting to get too cold to ride comfortably and I think I'm there. Need better gear.

Comment

Sounds like a plan! It doesn't get too cold here thankfully, very happy I can ride year round!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                      LOL..glad to help. You got any pics of your project?

I have one below. The bike is pretty much put together. I do physician billing from my home office and I picked up a new doc a couple of weeks ago and have a mess to clean up. Most likely going to take into the spring, so some of the time I had to work on the motorcycle goes to making a living. I work on it in fits and starts. Little things are messing with me right now, front brake light switch is stumping me, the fact that I can't bleed the rear brakes, where do all of the hoses go from the carburetor, stuff like that.

Then I see a picture of oldrookie, who lives about 45 minutes from me, out riding in this stuff (without a fairing) and it inspires me. Or makes me question his sanity.

Comment

Hey! I was just sitting here minding my own business!!

Not much worse than skiing or snowmobiling until you hit highway speeds. Wind chill gets interesting at about 60 mph. If I had the right gear, like I do for skiiing, or if my ski gear had any abrasion resistance--it wouldn't be bad.

I always heard that a clean desk (garage) was the sign of sick mind---and I'm more sane than you judging by your garage. Way more.

Have build thread going somewhere? Curious about your front brake light issue, but want to keep the discussion in the right thread. (Nevermind--found it.)
                        Last edited by Guest; 12-20-2012, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by oldrookie View Post
                          Hey! I was just sitting here minding my own business!!

Not much worse than skiing or snowmobiling until you hit highway speeds.
                          I don't do that stuff either. I found out I had diabetes last February and have lost 40 lbs. I get cold now. Jeez. Like, where does the blood go? The warm blood? Mine has left the building.

Comment

Originally posted by wedoo2 View Post
                            ................. I found out I had diabetes last February and have lost 40 lbs. ............
                            Take care of your self. Do what you have to. Sounds like you are. Good.
                            My Dad didnt.. and ..... well, that is a different discussion.

If find the 78 with black engine interesting. I know some/most 83s were black. Tell me about the 78 having black engine.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                              Take care of your self. Do what you have to. Sounds like you are. Good.
                              My Dad didnt.. and ..... well, that is a different discussion.

If find the 78 with black engine interesting. I know some/most 83s were black. Tell me about the 78 having black engine.

The last project I did, a 74 Honda 550, I went ahead and painted the engine silver. The silver is right with the period but I wanted this one black. I even decided to gloss it up a bit. Makes the aluminum pop a bit I think. I didn't go ahead and really shine the aluminum, just clean, but now I kind of wished I had. Always tomorrow.

As far as taking care of myself, I wanted to keep my fingers and toes. You have to die sometime, but I need these appendages until I do. I understand about your dad, I preach the stuff now.

Comment

I did get out for a ride today... rode the 450 back from Tranzac after 3 weeks without it

No pic's though I'm afraid... she's still filthy from the rain and hail on the last GSR/Kat run so I'm too ashamed to photo her... but I'll be out in the morning with the Kat guys so might get a video/photo after that...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X