anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by morrison View Post
    Dooo iiitt. I want to ride my bicycle i want to ride my bike ....... I want to ride my bicycle ride it wherever id like.
    On your marks... get set... go!

Well it was almost a decent ride today anyway. The supposedly "mostly sunny" Sunday turned out to be cloudy with a shower or two but I headed out anyway, just didn't have time to go very far.

Ducked up to Dayboro and back, stopped at a rest area a km or two south of Dayboro for a swig of water and snapped a couple of pic's. I would've taken more if there was actually some sun to make it worth while...

Gotta say I love this bike
    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Got a little stir crazy last night so despite the rain managed to do the first decent ride on the gs.Managed to go 80km before hitting the rain skirting the rain bands down the motorway cruising at 110-120kph in tandem with a brand new triumph daytona till i turned off onto rural roads.visited a couple of people but they were not home so ended up at Awhitu.
      Great road (not so great in pouring rain after sunset) and the trip is a ood test for a new to me motorcycle.Go from motorway to even faster rural highway to Waiuku then the road begins to twist and climb up and down for 30 odd km then the last 6-7 km on kemp road ,a knarley road from hell often shunned by the locals,but a good workout.
      The 1st half of the return trip is better with the twisties gradually giving way to sweeping roads which showed the gs's strengths torque and acceleration and that the handling deficiencies are really me still sussing the bike out.
      Left around 6.30pm and got home at 2.15 this morning 298km later and it was bloody freezing.Took a couple of hours to warm up but could not complain about the bike even with no back brake,bit of a numb arse,no sign of aquaplaning that struck the triumph on the motorway.
      Took one photo in Waiuku while eating fish and chips and watching the local hayseeds cruising the mainstreet Also had to weather a gaggle of teenage girls flipping the bird at me as i rode into town but dissappeared when i stopped for food across the road.Will post photo as soon as i can figure out how to get it off my phone

Comment

Put on 130kms today. Went over the Malahat for French Onion soup at Rock Cod Cafe. Cloudy in Vic. but sunny at Cowichan Bay and 9degrees! Roads were dry and made it through Mill Bay too, PRETTY! And the old girl performed great!
        No signature

Comment

Not on the bike yet but I did ride around my property on my horse. First time since May and I can tell I'm healed up from my accident in September. We trotted a bit around and although no pain from the ribs, I did feel everything moving more so than before. And of course, that saddle is awfully heavy for me now; guess I'll have to hit the gym more.

Sorry about the hijack as it was about the horse but I still got out and rode some
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

No way, it is -8 today. I got this thing about two narrow wheels on patches of ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Clone View Post

No way, it is -8 today. I got this thing about two narrow wheels on patches of ice.
              Hey Clone, is that a 1983 GS750e? I bought one brand new when I was 18 in Woodstock Ont. the rare burgandy and black one!
              No signature

Comment

Well today the weather bureau got it wrong again... two days in a row... except today turned out mostly sunny instead of a shower or two

So I commuted into work instead of taking the train and a work mate and I went for a short run up to Mt Coottha in our lunch break (I never normally take a lunch break so a long one today was fine).

Here's the view:

And the bikes, the work mate's is a 90 something CBR 250RR:

For those of you who are unfamiliar with our Mt Coottha, it's a little mountain just outside the Brisbane CBD where all our major local TV stations broadcast from. Also nice for some picnics and what have you. It's all sign posted 50kmh and is quite twisty and narrow so it's a nice road for someone like me to get used to curves on again

Oh, and as for the sound of my pipe... he said he could always hear me behind him but he liked it

sigpic

Comment

I went for a ride with fellow GS'r The Schwartz yesterday.

It was a tale of epic proportions, and far to long to post here. I created a thread chronicling our epic journey here:

Do you have a great road adventure that you would like to share? How about a bike repair gone bad? Put your story here and share it with the rest of us.

Comment

Pete,
                    Good to see that you are giving your new bike some fresh air.
                    Did you allow the CBR to lead just so that you would not embarrass him with your 450?

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
                      I went for a ride with fellow GS'r The Schwartz yesterday.

It was a tale of epic proportions, and far to long to post here. I created a thread chronicling our epic journey here:

www.thegsresources.com/_forum/showthread.php?p=1553912&posted=1#post1553912
                      That was an awesome tale

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                      Pete,
                      Good to see that you are giving your new bike some fresh air.
                      Did you allow the CBR to lead just so that you would not embarrass him with your 450?

Daniel
                      Yeah it's nice getting her out and about Daniel, enjoying it very much

I led the way there, he led the way back, figured it was fair Hahahaha

sigpic

Comment

On the 6th day of Christmas......

I rode again today! I put in a 180 mile round trip to the St. Cloud MN VA Hospital so they could diagnose the reason for the pain in my incision scar on my ankle where they removed the screws. I only took two pictures (bad, I know), so here they are, at a really good little truckstop restaurant just south of Rice, MN. They have the best diesel price (#2) I've seen in MN lately.

It was a bright sunshiny day down south, a blistering 34*F and I didn't see any other bikes on the road! Don't know what their problem was. It was 26*F when I left my house, at 11:00 am, and about the same when I returned at 5:00 pm in the dark. There were some heavy black clouds aloft as I got further north on the way home as well, maybe we'll get some snow for Christmas and it'll be a white Christmas instead of a dreary, probably cloudy, dark and cold brown Christmas.

Comment

Still nice weather here, a little cooler, wore a windbreaker, got out today spent some time riding each bike. Sorry no pic's forgot to take the camera.
                          sigpic
                          Steve
                          "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Sedelen I will be back down in Florida in 6 months if I have the 550 going we are going to have to go for a ride when I come down to visit my sis in law she lives in Castleberry.

Paul

Comment

On the 7th day of Christmas......

I went for a short ride so I could supply the tags for the riding game, so I'll throw a couple of those pictures in here too.

Main Street (Barclay Ave.) Pine River, MN.

Norway Lake on Chickamaw Beach launching ramp, Pine River area.

I was out along the main N-S highway (State 371) when I was taking the town pictures, had a guy driving a crane truck blast his horn to say hi as he went past. I'm pretty sure this is the latest in the year I've ridden my bike since living here.

Comment

Dan,

You are an animal!

OK, maybe you're a Gonzo.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
                                Last edited by Guest; 12-21-2011, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X