X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
    ...Which means the thermistor (low level sensor) failed
    Good to hear that you are getting out.

Congrats on the rescue and diagnosis and dissasembly.

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
    .....no brake light and no insurance
    You were a menace to society, could have got a ticket or two by county police.
    ANd we should issue you a citation for no pics. Har Har

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
    Stopped here for a moment and pondered this hill...
    Appers tht a 4 wheeler went up there recently.
    I suspect that later in the season we will see another pic with the bike up there with you.
    Last edited by Redman; 03-05-2024, 10:41 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I'm jealous of you guys. Just got back from a couple months in Mexico yesterday. I've been watching the weather and I guess in the back of my mind I had this fantasy about going for a ride when I got home. I go out for breakfast this morning and I'm thinking it feels a bit cold, well yeah -13c cold. However, going to look at a project Suzy in a couple hours so that will help.
      1986 1150EF
      2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Originally posted by Big Block View Post
        I'm jealous of you guys. Just got back from a couple months in Mexico yesterday. I've been watching the weather and I guess in the back of my mind I had this fantasy about going for a ride when I got home. I go out for breakfast this morning and I'm thinking it feels a bit cold, well yeah -13c cold. However, going to look at a project Suzy in a couple hours so that will help.
        We had snow falling here this morning....I'm so done with the winter
        No signature

Comment

70's in Ohio yesterday.
          I was able to get out before the rain came.
          I went plane spotting at the Pittsburgh Airport.
          A nice 140 mile ride. 20240305_115113.jpg
          My Motorcycles:
          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
          79 1000e (all original)
          82 850g (all original)
          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Just barley 50degF this afternoon, windy but sunny . . . good enough to go for ride.

Took the RT to see if could notice the effects of the 24k service , and did start quicker and run smoother.
            (24K includes valve check, throttle body balance, the 4 spark plugs, brake-clutch fluid change, alternator belt change.)
            (I dont want to talk about how much that cost)

ROde out of town on some country roads, and township park, stopped to watch water in stream for a bit, cant say why, but I like to do that. Was surprised to see water strider bugs zipping around.

ANd again, I found that "Road Closed Ahead" means that will be about no traffic, and when do get to actaull road closed will be something to see (and maybe a portapotty).

ANd into town, and to beach area.

Was out for about hour and half.
            Glad to be able to do this.

Last edited by Redman; 03-11-2024, 08:07 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Yup....Got about 100 miles in today, so 490 miles to the end of the break-in period.

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I've been sneaking in a few more commutes to work on the Voyager. Ironically enough, despite being an 800lb touring bike, I've found it to be the most enjoyable bike I've ridden for the sort of lower speed suburban commuting to work that I do from my house. The engine and carburetion was specifically designed for really smooth off idle throttle response so it does that very well, and the low speed handling is surprisingly easy with how much leverage the wide handlebar gives you. Also, it's very non-sporty nature makes being stuck behind slow morning car traffic less frustrating. The bike doesn't feel like it's tearing at the leash so to speak like my Bandit. That and the wind protection is excellent for those 35-45F mornings.

IMG_2554 (1).jpg
                Previous GS fleet: '78 1000C, '79 750E, '81 650G, '82 1100G, '81 1100E
                Other rides: '77 XS500C, '78 XS1100E, '00 Voyager XII

Comment

Got out again this morning. Just a couple hours. Started out a little chilly, but was nice when I got home.
                  Hit Norris Dam, bottom side this time. Hit 61 towards Big Ridge state park and beyond.
                  Spent some time looking for a spot to get a Dogwood photo. Finally did.
                  And this bike.....What fun.... 407 miles to end of break-in.

Comment

. . . . .
                    Spent some time looking for a spot to get a Dogwood photo. Finally did..
                    .....203;

Yes, you did.

And some of your other pics shows how nice it is that they have those motorcycle parking spaces available there on upper part of the dam.

Good that you are enjoying the new bike.

Last edited by Redman; 03-13-2024, 05:21 PM.

Comment

55 degF just after noon.
                      So some things on my to-do-list got moved to the can-do-on-cold-rainy-day-list.

Took heated gloves wiring harness out of the jacket.

Out for about 3 hours, including lunch stop.
                      SHould have taken liner out of jacket, almost 65 by time got home.

So glad and thankfull to be able and available to do this.

Last edited by Redman; 03-13-2024, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gtem View Post
                        ................ and the low speed handling is surprisingly easy with how much leverage the wide handlebar gives you......... ...................... That and the wind protection is excellent for those 35-45F mornings.
                        . . . . .
                        yes, . . . . . yes.

Comment

Left the house about 10:15am, 60º and sunny...
                          Took the backroads to Douglas Dam. Took about an hour to get there.
                          Hung out a bit, headed back, stopped for lunch on the way home, got back to the garage about 2pm
                          Only took a couple decent photos, due to camera troubles.

And - 329 miles to the end of break-in....

Comment

Taking advantage of the awesome weather here, 8 of us went up island to Qualicum Beach for lunch. I feel very fortunate to live here
                            About a 350km day

Couldn't eat much closer to the ocean than this...lol

I put all my luggage on the VFR to test it out before the big trip next month.

Then we took the little Mill Bay ferry back to Brentwood instead of going through traffic home....much more civilized way to finish off the day.

And then today I got the Triumph and the VFR out.....I gotta say....the VFR is much more comfy! Lol

No signature

Comment

Went out again on the Speed 400...246 miles to end of break-in

Comment

Went out again on the Speed 400...246 miles to end of break-in
                                Lovely pictures Bob. You're really knocking out those break-in miles.

Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
                                Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Working...
                                X