No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st actual road ride for Goldie today. She ran like a champ, after the ride I leaned out the idle circuit a bit. Another test tomorrow and a carb sync and plug change if I like it. She runs extra hard and will eat my CBF1000 easily. After all these decades I still love the ride of these bikes better than anything else. This is just a vew blocks from my house, I put over 100km on today, fresh build but she loved the exercise.. goldie 1st ride.jpg
    Last edited by Big Block; 05-14-2024, 07:46 PM.
    1986 1150EF
    2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Originally posted by Big Block View Post
      1st actual road ride for Goldie today. She ran like a champ, after the ride I leaned out the idle circuit a bit. Another test tomorrow and a carb sync and plug change if I like it. She runs extra hard and will eat my CBF1000 easily. After all these decades I still love the ride of these bikes better than anything else. This is just a vew blocks from my house, I put over 100km on today, fresh build but she loved the exercise.. goldie 1st ride.jpg
      Your bike looks great in that colour! Would love to meet you this summer out your way
      No signature

Comment

Thanks Trevor: Yes, we'll have to make a point of meeting up. I sure haven't been riding as much as I'd like to lately.
        1986 1150EF
        2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Took the Sportster to work yesterday, and will again today. Probably going to sell the Sporty and buy an older (Evo) Road King later this year so that that 65 mile one way is more enjoyable (and to enjoy some longer road trips to other states).
          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
            Took the Sportster to work yesterday, and will again today. Probably going to sell the Sporty and buy an older (Evo) Road King later this year so that that 65 mile one way is more enjoyable (and to enjoy some longer road trips to other states).
            I've been mulling over the idea of getting a "solid mount" '90s Sportster 1200 for local riding/commuting. My short lived experiment with the '80 Shovelhead Low Rider left me hooked on the whole "potato-potato" thing, but I didn't like having $7000 tied up in what amounted to a fun toy for local riding. A $3k Evo sportster sounds like a better bet.
            Previous GS fleet: '78 1000C, '79 750E, '81 650G, '82 1100G, '81 1100E
            Other rides: '77 XS500C, '78 XS1100E, '00 Voyager XII

Comment

Mine's a very modified 2016. The fuel injection is definitely nice, and it makes a very good deal of power. Definitely not a garden variety Sporty, I probably have $12,000 in it between purchase and mods; but I'm ready to get a better long haul Harley. I've ridden quite a few 400+ mile days on it. There is something special about them, and I will probably always have one of one sort or another.
              "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

This ride was actually a couple weekends ago. First bike camping trip of *24. Sproul State Forest, PA.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                82 gs1100L probably the next project
                1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Got out on the 110 today...had some sticky carbs but a little seafoam took care of that...of course I got caught in the rain....lol

No signature

Comment

Yes I did....Wonderful day in Eastern TN...

Last edited by Baatfam; 05-21-2024, 03:46 PM.
                    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Not today, but yesterday! Took a little 110 mile trip up to the Kentucky river lock #3. (Got to ride KY 421 and 22 which are two EXCELLENT roads!)
                      IMG_1469.jpg
                      Ron
                      When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
                      1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
                      1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
                      1982 GS1100E - April 2024 BOTM
                      1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Went up to Big Ridge State Park....and parked.

Left there and took SR61 East...Lots of switch backs....

Also had a CEL on the new bike, while I was out.
                        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Did a full detail of my new to ST today...man it cleaned up nice and got out for a ride after....loving this bike...and the Two Brothers exhaust sound great!

No signature

Comment

Working...
                          X