anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pete View Post
    Hahahaha Cliff... see I keep telling you guys, it's *us* who are on the correct side of the road!!! Maybe you just need to stand upside down to work it out?

Glad to hear you're still riding to work though and I'll be doing the same come Monday when I start back after the holidays...

Larry... yeah you may come to regret asking that... hahaha

I don't like my mug on camera but we'll see if we can accomodate your request next run out.

As for snow, you guys can keep it! Never seen it in person and don't particularly want to... it just looks too damn cold to me!
    nice pics , and lovely looking area, I'm following your videos on the tube.

Comment

Was in my cage today but took a pic of this sweet old Kawasaki today at a hospital parking lot. Wonder who owns it???
      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by clancey g View Post
        nice pics , and lovely looking area, I'm following your videos on the tube.
        Yeah it's good riding up there Clancey! Now your G is done and once you get your tyre sorted you'll be all set to rock and roll up there too!

I hope to start editing the ride videos tomorrow morning... takes forever to copy and import on my PC ready to edit.

Originally posted by trevor View Post
        Was in my cage today but took a pic of this sweet old Kawasaki today at a hospital parking lot. Wonder who owns it???
        Nice little 100 there Trevor, haven't seen one of those in a while!
        1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Good one Trevor,that's our buddy Rob's(azr)KE.Pretty nifty little bike,with the emphasis on little

Comment

90-100 miles per gallon, top speed of 82KM per hour with a new spark plug in her and only $190 per year for regular insurance. And on top of that she's a blast to ride in the city. I love my little Kawisaki one of these days I'll splurge for a Gopro and take you guys through my little commute to work and back
            Rob
            1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
            Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

That's a beaut. I love the rotary valve 2 strokes.

Comment

Brrrr not today...29 degrees so far.
                sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                  ........... took a pic of this sweet old Kawasaki today ......
                  Interesting that have individual marking for each bike space.

Nice ol' bike there. Good shape.
                  Ew, there is a booby trap. Have the sidestand and the centerstand both down (I go to some effort to avoid that). Apparently the person had to put down sidestand brfore getting off, and then put bike on centerstand. Might get back on, rock off the centerstand and take off with sidestand still down. Or maybe not, if they had to put down the side stand to get off the bike.

Hey, a Suki there in background. (although a more recent model, v-twin)

Man, three bikes right there in one place at one time.
                  That is 3 more than I have seen on road in last 10 days.
                  (This weekend I may see one - mine. Suppose to be mid-30s degF. Hopefully roads not messy or salty.)

Last edited by Redman; 01-04-2013, 01:46 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Yeah, I noticed the sidestand also. I put mine down before I dismount, then put it on the centerstand, then raise the sidestand. Been doing it that way for 4 decades, so perhaps it is a bit ingrained.

Comment

20 degF this morning.
                      30 just after noon.
                      Lets go! Wanna test out the insulated panels I added to riding pants liner.
                      34 by time I got things together and headed out.

Headed into town. Down by beach.

Also wanted to walk out on pier and see if any ice formations on catwalk with the recent winds.

Got past some of the barriers.
                      Can see one of the lighthouses in distance.

Nope. Just ice on pier itself.
                      Was some other folks looked like they were out for a stroll and thought to go down to peir, but were not prepaired for the wind down there. Most turned around and went back before they even got onto the peir.

After walk on peir, went for ride about 30 miles.
                      Got back by house, was doing fine.
                      The insulative panel in riding pants and heated gloves was doing fine.
                      Went right past house and headed out in other direction.
                      Did go on a road over bayous and along river.
                      Not much too scenic for posing picture, but some curves.
                      Here is a place where is a 90 degree turn, go over a small bridge over a bayou then another 90degree turn (see in mirror).

Did see a bunch of guys out icefishing on one of the small bayous.
                      Man, seems like pretty miserable thing to do, just for catching a fish.
                      Scheesh, out there on the ice, just so can fish.
                      Man, some people are weird.

Last edited by Redman; 01-05-2013, 09:10 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Redman, is that a Honda you are riding?
                        Nice pics btw.

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
                          .... is that a Honda .....
                          Yep, George, 83 & 86 Shadow 500. Water cooled, V-twin, shaftdrive. 180degree firing so sounds more like a vertical twin. This is before Honda had the v-twins go to ths single pin so sounds like H-D.

Bike was meant to be bike for wife to learn on. She did, then lost interest.
                          So now is pretty much just a 2nd bike for me. Is also a "quest" bike.
                          And I dont mind if is a bit of salt on road. Bike is a mess already.
                          GK stays in far back corner till roads clean (March?).

Dave

Last edited by Redman; 01-05-2013, 09:16 PM.

Comment

I salute you for being out in that cold! I'm guessing the ice on that pier would be pretty slippery too...
                            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Redman, that pier is famous. I have several pictures of it frozen over, but do not know where it is. It was funny you dogging those guys for ice fishing while you're out riding on your Honda two-wheeled snowmobile.

Aw hell, I have trouble walking let alone riding in this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                                .................. I'm guessing the ice on that pier would be pretty slippery too...
                                The river side was not all ice, could walk there on concrete.
                                Lake side was not all ice either, but had splashing water. Tried to avoid that. (did get some spray.)
                                Center part was mostly ice, and wet ice from the splahing/spray. Yikes.

Originally posted by wedoo2 View Post
                                Redman, that pier is famous. I have several pictures of it frozen over, but do not know where it is. ....
                                Aw hell, I have trouble walking let alone riding in this stuff.
                                Ride up sometime next summer. Let me know.

Is an intersting pier in that has the two lighthouses.
                                Both of which are about to be taken over by local community group (else Corps of Enginner was going to dismantle.)
                                Same thing happend with the catwalk several years ago. Community group took it over, had to remove the planking from the walkway to be able to get any insurance. So sold the planks as a fund raiser.
                                Lots of tourist in summer. Can get to pier from the state park and from the boardwalk along the river, 3/4 mile to downtown. Lots of ice cream shops along the way. I prefere the Beach Burritto place and the ProntoPups (corndogs).

Roads were clear and dry that day of the ride. Had been 5-6 days since last snow, and had a couple days sunny and just aboe freezing enought to clear roads of the ice. Did get a bit wet in spots on the ride when temps got to 34 or 35.
                                Snowing today. No ride today. Roads are a mess.

Pics from other years

Last edited by Redman; 01-06-2013, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X