No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GREAT PICTURES, but I'm glad I'm a wimp! brrrr! Cold weather near water has to be the worst!

Comment

Impressive photos Redman!

Pity they had to take the board walk down though, that'd be an adventure in itself!
      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

This is the shot I was thinking of.

I also had one where it is almost completely frozen over. Never knew where it was. It's hard to think that the wave action would be that dramatic on Lake Michigan. I've been to the lake a few times and it never looked any more angry than the Wabash River.

Thanks for for the PM and the invite. I would love to go up there in the summer and explore. Too bad a person has to ride through boring Northern Indiana to get there. My son goes with his in-law family to the Lake someplace close to Benton Harbor every summer. The place has an indoor water park. Grandkids love finding the sand glass on the beach and always bring me some back.

Comment

Originally posted by wedoo2 View Post

...... It's hard to think that the wave action would be that dramatic on Lake Michigan. I've been to the lake a few times and it never looked any more angry than the Wabash River.

Oh, yah, can get rough, in a matter of hours.
          Sometimes are surfers out there. Saw some Saturday before Christmas.

SOme web cams of beach peir Grand HAven

(updates once in 10 minutes)

(conitinouse vidio) (pans to different view every minute or so)

Last edited by Redman; 01-07-2013, 05:46 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

It's warm enough to ride today, 36* F, but, there's an ice layer under the little bit of snow in my driveway (wouldn't break loose with my plow), so I'm not riding today. I'm putting ice melt down, but. we're having more snow on the way this week and coming weekend. Still no riding for awhile....

Comment

I went for a ride yesterday, before the work year kicks off on Monday...

Was nice overcast and cool (for a summers day). Rode about 260kms round trip, including 3 passes - 1 super tight, 1 with nice fast sweeping bends and 1 with combos of the first two.

Not too many pics, otherwise I got stuck behind the slow pokes.

Last edited by Guest; 01-11-2013, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Looks like a nice place to ride Wally! Is it all gravel or bitumen as well? I wouldn't have picked a Buell for a dual sport...

sigpic

Comment

All tar road, the run-offs are gravel.

The Buell is awesome! It handles the corners so great due to the fact that the bike is so compact. It is really nibble for a 1200cc.

It handles the gravel road just as confidently. If the suspension is properly set up, you are good to go. I won't be able to do the Dakar, but have no issues going off road.

I am not a dirt rider at all, but wanted a tourer with dirt capabilities so I could go and keep up with my BMW riding buddies. Plus... I tend to go for stuff that is out of the norm.

Comment

That is some really pretty country Wally!

Comment

It is Crank! Awesome scenery, super tight turns (mainly 2nd gear!) and very historical too!

Comment

Good stuff Wally, glad to hear she's a good rider!

I think my comment was worded poorly... I meant if I was to select a dual sport, the Buell would not be the bike that came to mind immediately...

sigpic

Comment

Understood that way.

Comment

Does a test ride count? Switch back to a Chrome 4-2 instead of the V&H 4-1, re-jet back to stock, and went for a short around the block ride, 57 degrees, but a little wet, going for a longer ride tomorrow, I'll take the camera in case I decide to take a pic of a dirty bike

Comment

Got out for a few minutes today. Hit almost 60 degrees in Indy, so I got the chance to try my new helmet. I like the features, but that thing is LOUD. Grew up near a Strategic Air Command base and am familiar with the sounds of low-flying jet fighters. Can replicate the sound by turning my head side to side.

Traded struggles with glasses for struggles with ear plugs. Took some uninteresting pictures which I'll post up when the battery in my laptop is charged. Was so excited to ride that I forgot to put the side panels on the bike.

The weights fell off my front tire after my last ride and I never replaced them. Think it was more stable without them. Chalk that up to the idiot that balanced them.

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
                                Does a test ride count? Switch back to a Chrome 4-2 instead of the V&H 4-1, re-jet back to stock, and went for a short around the block ride, 57 degrees, but a little wet, going for a longer ride tomorrow, I'll take the camera in case I decide to take a pic of a dirty bike
                                I think it counts i went for a test ride twice to tone in the carbs till it started raining here at 5.30 pm in mass guess ill try again sat after noon
                                Last edited by Guest; 01-11-2013, 07:11 PM. Reason: rewording

Comment

Working...
                                X