No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, lot of ride pics posted over this weekend.
    If want to see Friday, Sat, Sunday have to go back to #1263.
    Originally posted by wally View Post
    Last edited by Redman; 01-14-2013, 01:19 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Hi,

Great rides guys! Thanks for sharing.

I worked too much this weekend but I did my regular commute into work this morning.

It was rather brisk this morning. The bank and a local car dealership said it was 38* (F) when I left the house. But then Bing weather said this when I got to work. Brrrr.

Ride safely everyone.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

I can only dream of 32*F. We are at our predicted high today of 7*f. Looks like I'm waiting for March to arrive and melt the ice pack off of my driveway and the road out front. We actually got winter this winter.

Comment

Hi,

Wow Dan, 7* is pretty dang cold. It wasn't quite that cold, but it was BRISK on my way home from work tonight.

This is in the bank parking lot near my house. Ride safely everyone!

BassCliff

Comment

I'm doing the ride to work and back but no photos I'm afraid... cloud cover today and yesterday kept the temperatures down but last week felt like 37 here too... celcius not fahrenheit though
            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

The days have been great here, all clear and sunny thought the temps don't reflect the sunniness. 23 here now. We have been in a unusual deep freeze for about the last 4 weeks.
              sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
              1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
              2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

I didn't do any riding today but there is a new bike in the garage!!!
                After the 2300KM road trip last year my roommate decided to upgrade from his KLM250SF to a KLR650. It has low miles, bark busters, givi cases, skid plate and crash bars, and was several thousand dollars cheaper than a new base model.

It's funny though that while New Mexico seems to be in a cold spell, northern Saskatchewan is in a warm spell. We are at 40F today!
                It's actually warmer here than in New Mexico.
                Mother Nature is crazy.

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by pete View Post
                  I'm doing the ride to work and back but no photos I'm afraid... cloud cover today and yesterday kept the temperatures down but last week felt like 37 here too... celcius not fahrenheit though
                  37*C = 98.6*F. That's pretty warm.

Don't worry. We're complaining about the cold right now but pretty soon we'll be complaining about the heat too.

Everybody complains about the weather but nobody ever does anything about it.

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
                    Hi,

37*C = 98.6*F. That's pretty warm.

Don't worry. We're complaining about the cold right now but pretty soon we'll be complaining about the heat too.

Everybody complains about the weather but nobody ever does anything about it.

BassCliff
                    Yup, in this part of the country, late April and May we will busting out into the 90s+
                    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

80 degrees today, needed to ride the 1100 after working it yesterday, so put a little fresh gas in it and hit the road. Didn't go all that far, just needed to check things out. Seems to track better after letting some air out of the front forks, and it's smoother since I adjusted the air screws, but now it has a little stumble, a hesitation when I open the throttle.

Can you see the two alligators left and right of my right hand mirrors on the bank opposite the bike?

Let me bring them in for you. Those things are just everywhere nowadays.

Notice anything unusual in this picture? I noticed when I was riding today that there's so many trees with new leaves and buds, I know it's only Jan 15th, but it looks like winter is over here in Florida. That was a short one, so unless we get some real cold soon, I betting the worst is behind us. All the green on this tree is new growth.

Rest in Peace John P. Morton. I have traveled this road many many times, but it wasn't until recently I noticed this little monument. I believe it to be because there's this really nice S turn close by and I always try to go fast through it. So, I'm probably doing 70 coming out of it when I pass this by. One day I went through it slower and spotted it coming out.
                      What to make of this? I would venture a guess it was a motorcyclist that didn't make it through the S turn. Perhaps it's an omen to me to slow it down a little.

I need to go out on an airboat again, it's such a incredible feeling when they "drift" into turns.
                      Last edited by sedelen; 01-15-2013, 09:51 PM. Reason: Add photo
                      sigpic
                      Steve
                      "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Nice photos Steve... not sure you'd get me in a boat with those alligators around though...

I meant to take a shot of mine today but clean forgot about it... still doing the commute, temp back up to 31 today again... celcius of course though

sigpic

Comment

Nice photos Steve... not sure you'd get me in a boat with those alligators around though...
                          I don't know why, but I'm not intimidated by alligators, except one that I saw on an airboat ride only a couple of miles from where I lived at the time. I mean this alligator was a monster, it could probably eat the next largest gator I've ever seen in one meal. They called it "T-Rex," how I wished I
                          had gotten a picture of it. If you're in a boat, no problem, alligators are only looking for a "hand" out

What scares me more and there's not much talk about it, no one wants to scare the tourists away are the little microscopic ameoba's that get in your nose while swimming. Almost always fatal.

sigpic
                          Steve

Comment

Well... I do believe they're not quite as aggressive as our crocodiles... either way I'll keep my distance I reckon!

And yeah ok, glad I restrict my swimming to my own pool too! Scary stuff...

sigpic

Comment

Well... I do believe they're not quite as aggressive as our crocodiles... either way I'll keep my distance I reckon!

And yeah ok, glad I restrict my swimming to my own pool too! Scary stuff...
                              In addition to our very own Florida Salt water croc's, some fool started importing Nile crocodiles here.

However, the Salt Water Croc's in Australia are the largest. They are aggressive, plus you got your Brown snake, sea snake, great whites by the score, and all kinds of other deadly stuff walking or crawling around down there. I know because I saw Crocodile Dundee.
                              sigpic
                              Steve

Comment

I haven't went on a ride for a while now, last year braved the cold a lot.

Had a decent day (in 50's) last week but after work was to lazy

Next day over forty and I'm riding.

Comment

Working...
                                X