No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice genetically modified corn fed americans on that boat. Monsanto is happy.
    GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by sedelen View Post
      In addition to our very own Florida Salt water croc's, some fool started importing Nile crocodiles here.

However, the Salt Water Croc's in Australia are the largest. They are aggressive, plus you got your Brown snake, sea snake, great whites by the score, and all kinds of other deadly stuff walking or crawling around down there. I know because I saw Crocodile Dundee.
      Errr, yeah... we got our share alright

A wander through Currumbin Sanctuary down the Gold Coast is a bit eye opening with their humongous croc lazing about in a huge pool... haven't been up the coast to Australia Zoo but I imagine it's more of the same.

Riding home the other day I saw something flapping about in my lane and thought it was a bit of rope fallen off a car... nope... it was a very angry snake with it's head up in the air wiggling all over the shop in my lane, obviously angry with the traffic disturbing its sunbaking!

I would think it was only a carpet snake given the location, but I still pulled my foot up off the peg as I passed beside it... I would've changed lanes if I could!
      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

80 degrees today, needed to ride the 1100 after working it yesterday, so put a little fresh gas in it and hit the road. Didn't go all that far, just needed to check things out. Seems to track better after letting some air out of the front forks, and it's smoother since I adjusted the air screws, but now it has a little stumble, a hesitation when I open the throttle.

Can you see the two alligators left and right of my right hand mirrors on the bank opposite the bike?

Let me bring them in for you. Those things are just everywhere nowadays.

Notice anything unusual in this picture? I noticed when I was riding today that there's so many trees with new leaves and buds, I know it's only Jan 15th, but it looks like winter is over here in Florida. That was a short one, so unless we get some real cold soon, I betting the worst is behind us. All the green on this tree is new growth.

Rest in Peace John P. Morton. I have traveled this road many many times, but it wasn't until recently I noticed this little monument. I believe it to be because there's this really nice S turn close by and I always try to go fast through it. So, I'm probably doing 70 coming out of it when I pass this by. One day I went through it slower and spotted it coming out.
        What to make of this? I would venture a guess it was a motorcyclist that didn't make it through the S turn. Perhaps it's an omen to me to slow it down a little.

I need to go out on an airboat again, it's such a incredible feeling when they "drift" into turns.
        I was in your area ( I stay in Melbourne) February of 2010 (cold) and February of 2011 (warm).

Both years we did the air boat ride and saw no gators. I believe they said the winter months were too cold for them to be laying out?

Anyway, those air boats are awesome and so is that 1100 of yours!

Nice pics.

Comment

In addition to our very own Florida Salt water croc's, some fool started importing Nile crocodiles here.

However, the Salt Water Croc's in Australia are the largest. They are aggressive, plus you got your Brown snake, sea snake, great whites by the score, and all kinds of other deadly stuff walking or crawling around down there. I know because I saw Crocodile Dundee.
          Cohoot it , cohoot it Sedelen! lol

The show I would like to see would be Swamp people go down under for a little time with the Outback croc hunters. That should get Troy and J Paul's attention.
          sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
          1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
          2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Went for a 65 mile loop today. Sort of sketchy conditions with a huge inversion going on here in the NW.
            Took the shady frosty section first, then ended up close to the water on the way home, where the temps and sun were in the high 30's.
            Some reports of temps in the 70's at higher elevations. Mt. Baker is on the far left and farther back.
            The Twin Sisters are closer up. We've snowboarded down the left two peaks, but that was over 20 years ago.
            GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Had a day off work today after working stupid hours early this morning and a few calls over the weekend, so headed up over Mt Nebo and the start of Mt Glorious. I didn't have time for the full run and there were a couple of brief showers as well.

No still shots again this time (I didn't stop) but I did get some video again... I'm a bit behind in editing from the New Year run still but I'll get something up soon

sigpic

Comment

I went to Rehoboth Beach, Delaware this weekend. Glad I went out because this week is going to be cold with some snowfall. Pics are coming right up.

Boardwalk Pic

Cape Henlopen

Not busy at all during the off-season

Ed
                Last edited by GSXR7ED; 01-22-2013, 06:56 AM.
                GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

I should've mentioned cold wasn't an issue again today... it wasn't too hot but the humidity was right up there and it was real nice to get moving and get some breeze blowing through...

Edit: Nice pic's! Even if it's cold you got nice blue sky there!

sigpic

Comment

^^Why, thank you!

Ed
                    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

No photos, but took the wife's 1150 out for a short loop (40 miles). It's been dormant for over 2 months, put it on a battery tender 3-4 days ago.

It refused to start which seems to happen every time I try to start it. The battery seemed happy, but just wouldn't kick over.

I proceeded to bump start it, lazy jog, full choke, in neutral to 2nd. Felt a rumble then nothing.

Full choke then a burble. Next push of the starter it fired, 3 cylinders for a few minutes than four.

Tire pressure was low 26 front, 24 rear, so pumped up to 30/30.

Mid 40's and I actually enjoyed myself on the old pig.

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                        Well... I do believe they're not quite as aggressive as our crocodiles... either way I'll keep my distance I reckon!

And yeah ok, glad I restrict my swimming to my own pool too! Scary stuff...
                        Alligators are shy, reclusive and normally not aggressive.
                        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                          Alligators are shy, reclusive and normally not aggressive.
                          Sure, until you owe them money.
                          and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
                          __________________________________________________ ______________________
                          2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

last sunday. outside of Scottsdale AZ

Comment

Are those saguaro cacti?

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
                                Are those saguaro cacti?
                                i have no idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X