No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was amazing here on the island today!! One therm. said it was 11 today (52)! Put on 75kms (47mi) today.
    No signature

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
      Dan,

You are an animal!

OK, maybe you're a Gonzo.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
      When I rode to the VA hospital yesterday, one of the nurses said I was a "NUT".
      Last edited by Guest; 12-21-2011, 10:51 AM. Reason: sentence format juxtaposed

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
        Dan,

You are an animal!

BassCliff
        I like the new picture even better! But on my bike when I go to a gig, it's usually my violin/viola case and the bass guitar.

Comment

Nearly 40 and not too wet

Rode about 20 miles around town, errands, etc. Unlike most modern bikes, the exposed cylinder block is still very useful as a stoplight hand warmer.

Comment

Hi,

I rode into work, like I do every day. But today one of my office mates had brought his scooter into work.

It's a Kymco Agility 125. Wow, those wheels are small.

BassCliff

Comment

Rode to work this morning it was around plus 2. Bit chilly but warmed up to about 8 and was sunny. Went around visiting clients and managed to put on 70 kms! December 21st!! I'm so glad I moved to the island!
              No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck View Post
                Sedelen I will be back down in Florida in 6 months if I have the 550 going we are going to have to go for a ride when I come down to visit my sis in law she lives in Castleberry.

Paul
                Sure thing, Casselberry is just a few miles from where I live.
                sigpic
                Steve
                "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Reached 50 today, but exploring muddy, greasy dirt and gravel roads = dirty, dirty GS and grimy riding gear. Usually I'll wait til the next rain storm for a natural wash off, but being winter I'd better get out and wash the crud off before it sits for too long! At least my preload looks about right with the bumpy stuff.

Comment

My gut, a fellow GSer, and oil... oh no!

I've been socked in with work + the weather has sucked here the last couple of weeks so this afternoon when I looked up from my 'puter and saw clear blue and mid-60s it was time to clear the cobwebs and fire up El Zuko.

Now that I have a battery tender installed she fires right up on the first crank.

I did a couple slow laps around the hood to let her warm up then I proceeded to a favorite straight just down the rode. I started accelerating past legal but then that funny feeling in my gut started up as I saw a pack of cars coming the other way so I backed off and good ole gut was right once again!

There was one of our finest stuck in the middle of the pack but better yet right behind him, and obviously doing the exact speed limit, was my friend and our fellow GSer Frankie Z out on his Cooley coming back from an afternoon of Xmas shopping! We gave each other a big wave as we passed by.

I rode around some more then came to a stoplight. Oh no, what is this? The dreaded oily smoke smell and visuals wafting up from my motor. Looks (and smells) like El Zuko has sprung her first official oil leak while under my watch.

I have a couple boxes of parts in from Boulevard Suzuki's Cyber Monday Sale a few weeks ago. Guess there will be some wrenching in my holiday future.

Thanks for reading and Merry Happy Everyone!!

Comment

Did all my C-mas shopping on the bike today. Besides the convenience of front door parking (eat your heart out cagers!), it was an amazing 67 degree sun-drenched day down in south Tejas. Had to make a couple quick maneuvers around frantic holiday shoppers, but such is life.

Hey Mikey, glad you saw the bubble-top! I was gaining "kinda fast" on the bunch, then the setting sun backlit those blue-n-red lenses and was able to avert a lecture/ticket in the nick of time.

Happy Holidays!
                      '80 GS1000ST
                      '92 ZX-11
                      Past rides: '79 GS1000SN, '84 GPZ900R

http://totalrider.com/

Comment

On the 9th day of Christmas.........

I had to ride again.........Had a tuning 14 miles out of town, so I stopped to buy gas...

The tuning was a long and difficult one, here are pictures on the long, long driveway leading out to get home...

Comment

After doing nothing but working on several bikes on these beautiful Sunny December days,
                          I HAD to go for a ride!!!
                          I also tried to cover a few of the previously posted "Riding Game" tags that I happened to come across along the way.
                          Two or more birds with one stone kind of thing.

Found this in the Sun. (Not celsius)

MauMart under construction.

Playground photo.

Wind-power generators.

Old decommissioned jet photo.

Control tower photo.

Fuel dump/ fire retardent tanks.

I didn't want to come home! Great fun! (Something tells me that the inhabitants in the OT section haven't even looked at a bike in months. )
                          Get out and go for a ride guys/girls. More coming in the upcoming month's as my bike's are allergic to hibernation.

Daniel

Comment

Also got a picture of the compound surrounding the crash site of the Galloping Ghost that crashed at the Reno Air Races this past September.

The local news just said to expect a low of 3-4 degrees tonight. Again.

Daniel

Comment

Hi,

While I was out Christmas shopping this evening I thought I take a test drive on a new motorcycle, just for kicks.

This is the new CBR-D. As you can tell, it was a little underpowered and could only turn right.

"CBR-D" stands for "Clifford the Big Red Dog" motorcycle.

I also thought about taking this one out for a spin but decided it would be too much for me to handle.

BassCliff

Comment

Cliff..you're a crazy dare devil, leave the speed for the kids.
                                Rob
                                1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                                Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Working...
                                X