No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glenn and got out for a nice twisty back road ride today. Beautiful day here in the Great White North!!
    Glenn's bike sure looks perrttyy. Glad to give my GS a good ride as I have been neglecting it a bit because of the GSXR but I gotta say I don't know if I will keep the gsxr, I feel like I could get in too much trouble with it. So not much sense in keeping it maybe? I reallt want a gs1100e!!!!

Last edited by trevor; 03-08-2013, 10:49 PM.
    No signature

Comment

That is a beautiful pair of cycles.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Finally got out for a ride today despite over 4 feet of snow dumped this past month....

Comment

I took no pics, but I got 160 miles in today, first ride since about Thanksgiving.
          Went to a workshop about 80 miles away, mostly interstate. Uncomfortably chilly on the way out (7am, 35) but fine on the way back (1pm, 55). Plus I got to eat White Castle.
          "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
            110 miles yesterday. going out again today, some shots from yesterday's ride

Different spots along the lake on my journey yesterday...

got home then realized I needed milk... My little 998cc grocery getter.

Plan on going out today so if anyone want to join let me know!
            The FZ1 is one the best all around street bikes and at a good price used. Not as much low end grunt as the Bandit but better top end and 6th gear, and in it's stock form really needs nothing...unlike the Bandit which needs the seat reshaped and the bars changed from stock. I owned an '02 FZ1 too but it was silver. But I don't know how you can like those pull back bars you must have changed to on your FZ1. That was the 1st thing I pulled off the B-1. I have the h-bars I took off, if you want them (free).
            Last edited by Guest; 03-09-2013, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post

You been watching a lot of Petes vidios .....?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Oh that snow brings back memories...not good ones.
                Took my boy out for a ride today. Beautiful day here in Victoria...13 (57) degrees. This was taken downtown in front of the famous Empress Hotel.
                No signature

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                  I took no pics, but I got 160 miles in today, first ride since about Thanksgiving.
                  Went to a workshop about 80 miles away, mostly interstate. Uncomfortably chilly on the way out (7am, 35) but fine on the way back (1pm, 55). Plus I got to eat White Castle.
                  Same here, great weather here east of Cleveland.....sunny and 50 ish.
                  I took my first ride since late fall today...... just a short jaunt around the country " block" on the 550l. Not the sportiest GS made but cant deny that smooth performance. Really like that little bike.
                  No White Castle tho........my favorite snack ever! Haha

Comment

First ride on the 650 today

All I can say is it was "Love at first twist".
                    IIRC I paid 450$ for this last summer and its been sittin. Rebuilt carbs and its turn key. Needs tires, tuning and detailing.......but responsive, quick and great handling.
                    20 mile ride full of smiles. Hope the pic link works.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzooki View Post
                      Last week.

Really like this bike.

Comment

Some shots from yesterday's fantastic sunny ride...

The view from the Pitstop Cafe at Mt Mee:

And 5 troupers parked ready for action:

1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Got out for a few minutes today. Had started to strip the tank for a repaint, but threw it back on once the weather took a turn for the better today. Supposed to get 4-8" here in Indy tomorrow, so I rode while I could.

Just bopped around town for a while. Don't have the right overpants for long-distance cool weather riding. Sort of like the rat bike look, but hoping to have it painted in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Ok I'm likin' the naked tank looks... finishing stripping it, give it a nice brushed look, then clear coat it
                            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Beautiful!

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                              Oh that snow brings back memories...not good ones.
                              Took my boy out for a ride today. Beautiful day here in Victoria...13 (57) degrees. This was taken downtown in front of the famous Empress Hotel.
                              Very nice Trevor. I need to get out...the weather is starting to get better here in Delaware.

Ed
                              GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                              GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                              Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                              Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                                Ok I'm likin' the naked tank looks... finishing stripping it, give it a nice brushed look, then clear coat it
                                I'd be very tempted to do exactly that, but there are some dents you can't see in the pix. I really like the naked tank look, but hate looking at dents.

Comment

Working...
                                X