Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets play, "Spot the Safety Hazards!"

Comment

took the gz250 out and got lost on the back roads the other day. did some bikin and hikin in state forests.

and if i found myself on a paved road i got off it as soon as possible. preferring instead something like this, which wasn't much more than a path.

[

this is just a cool view i got while taking a break from working on some kid's harley which was a bit frustrating but maybe you get used to it. anyway this settled my brain a little:

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
      82 gs1100L probably the next project
      1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
      1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by sinkankan View Post
        This is a little workshop in Bali where they convert any old bike into bobbers, trikes, cafe racers you name.
        Looks like they have less need for bike lifts ......

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post

and if i found myself on a paved road i got off it as soon as possible. ....
          avoiding paved roads...?
          THat looks like avoiding any road, like, off roading.
          QUite the adventure.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Gass bottle, no cap, unrestrained.
            extension cords all over, plugged into ordinary power strip.
            tools all over
            cutting tool out in open, some jurry rigged handle
            welding cables and gun laying around
            open containers of who knows what, and guy with cigarette

and "Jap Style Bobbers" (as it says on the sign).

Well, bikes still do have front brakes.

Last edited by Redman; 05-05-2015, 12:38 PM.

Comment

This is a little workshop in Bali where they convert any old bike into bobbers, trikes, cafe racers you name. With basic tools and plenty of enthusiasm they chop and weld all day long. But you'd be happy most of the bikes are ex-trial bikes or vintage scooters.
              while I there they were trying to weld up some frame brackets and they kept tripping the power because of the hard pressed power circuits.
              Couldn't resist going to their website. Looks like they do some pretty good stuff, not my style but pretty good. They also do the Distinguished Gentleman's ride. Kind of a hoot.

'84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

[QUOTE=Redman;2180059]Gass bottle, no cap, unrestrained.
                extension cords all over, plugged into ordinary power strip.
                tools all over
                cutting tool out in open, some jurry rigged handle
                welding cables and gun laying around
                open containers of who knows what, and guy with cigarette

and "Jap Style Bobbers" (as it says on the sign).

Well, bikes still do have front brakes.

How about those nice safety shoes?????
                Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

What safety hazards? That's a normal routine day for them.
                  sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                  1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                  2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                    took the gz250 out and got lost on the back roads the other day. did some bikin and hikin in state forests.

and if i found myself on a paved road i got off it as soon as possible. preferring instead something like this, which wasn't much more than a path.

[
                    Eli you have a GZ? That so awesome! I've always wanted to ride one...

Hit big miles today, (well for me) 403 miles or 644Km. It was a blast, I took each machine for a good go (100miles or so). Best part was finishing up the day with Jeburkart, we hit the Appalachian gap (VT Route 17) and grabbed over 100 miles(at least I did). Sunset was upon us when we met the summit... Great day for riding...

It was a good ole' oil cooled go! Love my B-12, I also am in love with the Kaw 650....
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                    Originally posted by Hayabuser
                    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

No pics and won't be until I get a new camera. Did 126 miles today on the 83 1100 G. Getting to know her, still some tweaks to do.

V
                      Gustov
                      80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                      81 GS 1000 G
                      79 GS 850 G
                      81 GS 850 L
                      83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                      80 GS 550 L
                      86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                      2002 Honda 919
                      2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Weather is amazing, did laps on the GS and the Bandit. Put Daytona bars on the Bandit trying to get to a comfortable riding position, still too bent over. Going to try a set of GS bars, then if it still hurts to ride trading for an 1100\1150E. Sucks getting old, 60 last week
                        850 seat causes buttaches, but way better than hand cramps on the Bandit. PM me if you are local and might want a Bandit...
                        sigpic
                        09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                        1983 GS1100e
                        82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                        1980 GS1260
                        Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

I did 350 miles today on my new to me 1100G. I rode south on 47 to McMinvill and caught 99 to Independence and visited an old friend. From there I took 99 to 22 and headed west to Lincoln city and turned south on 101 to Newport and caught 20 east to Kings Valley and finally saw 90+ for once. I stopped at Dallas for gas and caught 99 again and headed North to McMinvill again, back on 47 to North Valley rd to Bald Peak and came out at Sholls, 219 to Hillsborrow and notrh to 26 and west to 47 and Kati bar the door, I was like a horse for the bar. 8 1/2 hours and one gas stop. 220 miles on 4.9 gal I am happy with that.

V
                          Gustov
                          80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                          81 GS 1000 G
                          79 GS 850 G
                          81 GS 850 L
                          83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                          80 GS 550 L
                          86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                          2002 Honda 919
                          2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                            220 miles on 4.9 gal I am happy with that. V
                            You must have been touring then, with one blast to 90. That's big mpg for an 1100 isn't it?
                            GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
                              You must have been touring then, with one blast to 90. That's big mpg for an 1100 isn't it?
                              That's about what I get on my 1100g.
                              sigpic
                              83 GS1100g
                              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                                I did 350 miles today on my new to me 1100G. I rode south on 47 to McMinvill and caught 99 to Independence and visited an old friend. From there I took 99 to 22 and headed west to Lincoln city and turned south on 101 to Newport and caught 20 east to Kings Valley and finally saw 90+ for once. I stopped at Dallas for gas and caught 99 again and headed North to McMinvill again, back on 47 to North Valley rd to Bald Peak and came out at Sholls, 219 to Hillsborrow and notrh to 26 and west to 47 and Kati bar the door, I was like a horse for the bar. 8 1/2 hours and one gas stop. 220 miles on 4.9 gal I am happy with that.

V
                                Well that was a good dsy. I had a good day too. First real ride on the EF, went up Kootenay Lake Road to the ferry and back. 250 mile round trip, left at 10:00 was home by 2:00, the EF is running puurrfect.
                                '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Working...
                                X