Clear All

IMG_20170910_083950407.jpg
    12 miles today, gravel roads mostly
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

Great looking trail and bike! Where is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Boriqua View Post
        Great looking trail and bike! Where is that?
        It's the Gilbert Riparian Preserve. Really nice gravel and dirt paths. Pedestrians, runners, bikers and equestrians all share them.
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

I've been out a few times this week on the 850 but no pics. My son Ubered his way home last night and needed a ride earlier to retrieve his car. We hopped on the bike for that one.
          I have not been riding the DL but have been reading up on the V-Strom forums learning a ton about the new (to me) bike, ordering parts, and working on getting maintenance up to date. Oh, and blowing up Bwringer's inbox with noob questions about the Vee. Thanks again for your input, Brian. I haven't owned a chain driven bike for many years so lots to catch up on. After poking around elsewhere I gotta say, the GSR ROCKS!
          Last edited by Burque73; 09-10-2017, 10:22 PM.
          Roger

Current rides
          1983 GS 850G
          2003 FJR 1300A
          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by sam000lee View Post
            Rode up to the Green Mountain Rally just for the day. About 10 miles down the road -

Thanks for coming Sam!!!
            Hope to see you for longer next year!
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Went on the maiden voyage on my $100 GS last night. Carbs are SPOT on. Rips and roars. Still need to do some work (Head bearings). 530 Chain conversion, Nissin front master, new Calipers and my tuner told me the motor is confirmed to be freshly rebuilt. PO told me he spent big coin to rebuild the motor. Definitely runs and looks to be solid. Engine is very tight, no leaks and no rattles. Healthy 14.3-14.8 at the poles... Charging system is brand new. Tires are also new..
              Sounds awesome.
              Something about a GS750!

Last edited by Jedz123; 09-12-2017, 01:51 PM.
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I think I have the grab rail for that, I'll have to look to be sure....you can have it, if you want it.
                Larry D
                1980 GS450S
                1981 GS450S
                2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Cool on getting the $100 750 on the road. Is that front rotor cooked or is there a wierd light play in the picture?
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                    Cool on getting the $100 750 on the road. Is that front rotor cooked or is there a wierd light play in the picture?
                    Mhmm looks it but the brakes work very good, I'll take a further look tonight when I get home. Might be the reflection of the blue garbage bins. Good eye Glen!
                    I brought it into the shop last night for the headlight stopped working. Bike is nice running unit though, mid 14V while running. Someone seriously put some time and money into the power-plant.
                    Registered and insured now... Just have to get it to pass inspection. It will need a headlight for that. Wiring never scares me though...
                    Hope to put some miles on it before the snow flies!
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Great looking budget bruiser, Justin. My new toy was 12 times the cost, and I already dumped money into mods.

Rode six miles today after work, played around in a local park, then scooted home. Tomorrow is the day I take the GS to work each week: Thor's Day.

IMG_20170913_173059363.jpg
                      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                      1982 CB900f

Comment

Since today was a day off and a couple of the Canadian members on the m109riders.com forum wanted to meet for lunch, i took Caboose to the Curlew saloon, which is about 2.5hrs from the current domicile. All in all, not a bad day, even if we had to split at Republic, wa.

Today https://imgur.com/a/UF9YS

Comment

My friend that gave me his 900F came down last week. He hasn't ridden the bike in years, so I figured it would be a good time to reignite the passion. We just went to a historical site near me. He's been contemplating getting something else, but says his elbow bothered him even on the short ride we took.

He is in this first picture, on my left, on the same Honda. I'm in the middle. This was taken in 1984.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/CcErzk][/url

His hair got longer, and mine receded.

by

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
                          Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Awesome Share Deuce!!! Nice bikes!
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                              Great looking budget bruiser, Justin. My new toy was 12 times the cost, and I already dumped money into mods.

Rode six miles today after work, played around in a local park, then scooted home. Tomorrow is the day I take the GS to work each week: Thor's Day.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52660[/ATTACH]
                              I watched a guy struggle with one of those fat tire bikes... Isn't harder to pedal vs a normal road bike? guess it's good in the mud huh?

As for grabbing the 750 for $100... It was a no brainier. Fixed the lighting issue. Ground issue was the culprit. Good to go!

Rain today but I'll like bomb to work on it tomorrow. Took the TU into work instead.
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Lol, good pictures Deuce! It's great that you still keep in touch with your ol' riding buddy.
                                My Motorcycles:
                                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                                79 1000e (all original)
                                82 850g (all original)
                                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Working...
                                X