anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
    Looking good Jedz, I'm glad you're not going to drag that HD around all summer. 
    I'll be slabbing to Indiana on the B-12 this year... I trust it, the XR-12 I can't trust. 7 instances of break down or semi-critical issues in 2.5K miles...
    Sad my 20 year old Suzuki is worlds ahead in reliability, also it's way more comfy and stupid fast...
    Last edited by Jedz123; 03-29-2018, 07:52 AM.
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
      I'll be slabbing to Indiana on the B-12 this year... I trust it, the XR-12 I can't trust. 7 instances of break down or semi-critical issues in 2.5K miles...
      Sad my 20 year old Suzuki is worlds ahead in reliability, also it's way more comfy and stupid fast...
      I'm glad you FINALLY figured out which is the GOOD bike. LMAO
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

31' when I left the house... It's riding season!!!..................
        I would have said that 20-25 years ago. (Typically started riding to work some in March.)
        Now I say, "has rained enough in recent days to wash salt off roads, is getting close to riding season, will be out for some short rides soon...."

I'll be slabbing to Indiana on the B-12 this year... .....
        Will be good to see you.
        (although, I suspect, maybe slab to Ohio, then Norm & Steve might have some interesting roads from there.)

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

From my house we'll slab it to Steve's house. We don't want to be late for Steve's tour of his ultimate motorcycle shop, or lunch that Mrs Steve(graciously) has to offer. Then we just follow Steve to Bedford. 👍
          My Motorcycles:
          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
          79 1000e (all original)
          82 850g (all original)
          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
            I'm glad you FINALLY figured out which is the GOOD bike. LMAO
            I've always known but I'm not going to be a hypocrite and mock HD and never have own one.

Now that I have I know better. Hahah
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
              I would have said that 20-25 years ago. (Typically started riding to work some in March.)
              Now I say, "has rained enough in recent days to wash salt off roads, is getting close to riding season, will be out for some short rides soon...."

Will be good to see you.
              (although, I suspect, maybe slab to Ohio, then Norm & Steve might have some interesting roads from there.)

Poured on the way home today... Not so fun when it 44'. Haha back in the saddle is good, rain or shine... Cold is tough but still worth it!

I am very very excited to ride with all you cats!

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
              From my house we'll slab it to Steve's house. We don't want to be late for Steve's tour of his ultimate motorcycle shop, or lunch that Mrs Steve(graciously) has to offer. Then we just follow Steve to Bedford. 👍
              Slabbing is fine. I'll be on the B-12 it will keep up just fine with the FJR!.. hopefully! Hahaha
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Short 2 hour ride looping up to Bonham SP and back. Rescued a turtle from the middle of the road and found historical cemeteries every 10 miles it seemed. Found an abandoned county road in Fanin county. Was going to explore it but lots of recent rain and being alone I decided to stick to pavement today. Rounded it out woth a cold one at Corner Street Pub.

Comment

Comment

Looks like a really nice ride Downs. We're still waiting for warmer weather up here in Michigan. I lived in Austin and San Antonio for a total of about 23 years; lots of great roads for riding in Central Texas. Thanks for sharing!

Scott

Comment

Does riding and leaning in the car count? I was on a gorgeous winding road in Tennessee this morning - State hwy 230 - and spent the entire 10-20 miles leaning from one side of the car to the other. I’d like to go check it and any others down there out on the bike some day
                      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                        Does riding and leaning in the car count? I was on a gorgeous winding road in Tennessee this morning - State hwy 230 - and spent the entire 10-20 miles leaning from one side of the car to the other. I’d like to go check it and any others down there out on the bike some day
                        Funny you mention that. The other day my son and I were in my work van and we pulled halfway out into an intersection waiting to turn left. The oncoming turn lane had a car doing the same thing, waiting for traffic to clear but he couldn't see around us. Without thinking, my son leaned over to let the oncoming left Turner see around him. Pointless move because the van, not his body, was obstructing the view. He just gave me funny duh like look and chuckled a bit.

I find myself incorporating many riding habits, such as leaning, into my driving. Muscle memory, wishful thinking, or just practicing for later on, whatever it is usually brings a smile to my face.
                        Roger

Current rides
                        1983 GS 850G
                        2003 FJR 1300A
                        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Downs View Post

Here's a little known GSRs fact. Thats my last name. Quite a coincidence ? Not really. As unique and uncommon as you may think the Biggerstaff name is its actually quite common. Ive run across some that live near me that Im not related to. I did a VA cemetery search once and there were 100s. Even here at the big VA cemetery where my Dad is there are several other Biggerstaffs that I'm not related to.

BTW Downs.....Downs is the last name of my wife's kids (her first husband) and their Dad lives in TX......
                          Last edited by bonanzadave; 03-31-2018, 10:15 AM.
                          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Nice 30 mile early spring ride with my wife today to test out the VX800 for 2-up riding. Got the thumbs up.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
                            Last edited by Guest; 03-31-2018, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Short burn-up on the Thruxton today.

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                              2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                                Funny you mention that. The other day my son and I were in my work van and we pulled halfway out into an intersection waiting to turn left. The oncoming turn lane had a car doing the same thing, waiting for traffic to clear but he couldn't see around us. Without thinking, my son leaned over to let the oncoming left Turner see around him. Pointless move because the van, not his body, was obstructing the view. He just gave me funny duh like look and chuckled a bit.

I find myself incorporating many riding habits, such as leaning, into my driving. Muscle memory, wishful thinking, or just practicing for later on, whatever it is usually brings a smile to my face.
                                I can't say as I've ever found myself trying to lean my van. heh I don't wave at other van drivers either LOL
                                All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
                                X