No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unplanned 500KM ride today, Douglas Lake Ranch and Highland Copper Mine were among the sites. Not fun dealing with main road traffic getting to the secondary roads though.
    Attached Files
    1986 1150EF
    2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Went for a ride Saturday morning. It was 38F degrees when I got started at 7:30am. Thankfully my gear keeps me warm. I was on the hunt for some fall colors, but didn't see much. The few I did see weren't in ideal photo locations so I'll have to try again later. Here's a few pictures of my ride, fall colors excluded.

- 1983 GS850L ~ 30,000 miles and going up - Finally ready for a proper road trip!
      - 1977 GS750B - Sold but not forgotten

Comment

Who went for ride....?
        Justin RedmanSon and Jay RedmanSIL did .. and are riding yet. (some of you have meet them at BC)

THey made it to Zainsvile OH Saturday for the 555.
        ANd then to Athens TN SUnday for the Dragon Monday

And then to Lexington KY, and then the ride home today (Tuesday).

Why aint I along? Well, I wasnt invited. ANd probably I would not have wanted to comploicate thier plans anyway. We do go on other rides on occasion.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I'd like to ride the dragon someday, but I fear I'd get in peoples way. I'm not very confident in corners at high speeds
          - 1983 GS850L ~ 30,000 miles and going up - Finally ready for a proper road trip!
          - 1977 GS750B - Sold but not forgotten

Comment

Rode around town this morning, about 55degF and sunny and calm. Enjoyed being out and looking around. Went to places along the river that can have some wildlife. Heard a train comming, so stopped by the tracks. Ran an errand and stopped at a sandwich shop. Rode around for hour or so. Stopped at a couple other places for pictures.

THen this afternoon, got info from Justin about thier intended route home. Thought would be fun to ride out that way, being two lane state highways I could see them comming and pull off and turn around and surprize them, and ride back with them the last hour and half or so.
            So I took off about 3:30, heading out the way he said they would be comming, but after I thought I should have seen them, I stopped and called Justin (he can answer and talk on phone while riding) and found that they went a different route, and were closer to home than I was.
            Oh, well, my poor planning, ... but,,,, was mostly an excuse for a ride.
            And I was out in a direction I seldom ever ride, flat land, straight roads .
            .. hey.. ..am somewhat close to a town I lived in when I was in 8th, 9th & 10th grade (mid-late 1960s), so I went and rode around that town. Had not been there in years and years. After that I meandered around to get back home. Took a lot of county roads thru farm land, a lot of roads that havent been on before, mostly trying to avoid interstate and avoid urban Grand Rapids area.
            Got home after 8pm.
            So that was a 4 1/2 hour ride, with not many stops, and most all of it at highway speed, and only took a couple pictures.

Here is one pic

THis "sugar shanty" was an intersting part of my time living in that town. Most all the town had big maple trees along every street. And during the spring maple sap season, I could show up, and get assingned a job, at first it would be crews going around tapping trees and hanging the buckets, and then during the season going around and pooring the sap from the buckets into tanks on trailers, or maybe assign me to some task in bottling the syrup, or some task in the process like cleaning the filters. I was quite interested in the gas fired boiler and the other equipment. Volnteers logg there hours and list a comunity organization and the proceeds then allocated to the organizations.
            Last edited by Redman; 10-04-2022, 11:12 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Retired the Bandit for the season. On the EF today, cruising around the lake testing the bike mostly. Dang EF mirrors needed the customary reglue to hold them in place a while longer.
              Attached Files
              1986 1150EF
              2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Originally posted by Big Block View Post
                R.................................. On the EF today, .................

Nice. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Yesterday, rode to g-kids soccer match in Holland MI. Afterwards went for meandering ride.
                  Stopped at this bridge over a creek to see the fall color there and look into the creek.
                  Heard a train approaching on the nearby trestle, and managed to catch the locomotive.

Have fall color only on a few trees here and there.

Today went for short afternoon ride.
                  Stopped in this park.

Also took a Selfie for this weeks photo contest.
                  THis weeks theme-subject is "selfie".
                  Maybe you have a selfie with your bike and you could enter it here
                  https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...05#post1705505

Last edited by Redman; 10-10-2022, 10:06 AM.

Comment

A chilly ride in the mountains his afternoon. Someone forgot to tell this timber rattler that it’s time to hibernate. Almost rolled right over this guy. Grabbed this pic after I turned around to check on him. First time I’ve seen one in October.

Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 10-09-2022, 09:29 PM.
                    Rich
                    1982 GS 750TZ
                    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Another ride out of town, and then back.
                      Caught a ship coming in.

ANd then went to see it manouver to tie up at the docks.

Herbert C Jackson 670feet.
                      More pics here
                      This general discussion area is to be used as the <b>non-controversial topics</b>. This forum is open to all. Forum rules apply!

Last edited by Redman; 10-11-2022, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Maybe last nice day (60s and partly sunny) for quite a long time. ANd I wasted most of it doing things like mowing the lawn and cleaning up tools and garage after completing a project.

THen turned windy, and overcast and threaten rain, but, Did get out for about an hour ride. Got sprinkled on a little bit.

Oh, Oh, another sign that it is not summer no mo'

Snow fence up at the beach.

ANd I took up Mr Carl Wingsconson challenge. Look for fall color that matches bike color.

Last edited by Redman; 10-11-2022, 09:44 PM.

Comment

I went on a bit of an ADV trip with my punk kid and his buddy. 2 nights motel and 2 nights camping. Only tipped over twice. Once just stopped to rest and realized too late that there was a crevice next to me and put my foot down into empty space. The second time was funnier (see video below).

][

I had a spot picked out but I think I missed it by a couple inches. I'm being a bit dramatic with my grunting I guess but if a biker tips over in the woods and there's no one around to hear him....

Finished my beer and got out of there with no problem. I'm really bad at slippery mud.

We rode about 150 miles of a PA BDR. The kids had a bit of bike trouble and eventually needed a ride home. Not a good spot for plugs. They did make it out of the woods and the flat ended up getting a harley tire installed. Embarrassing.

A little bit of fun...

A quick spin around the camping spot.

Interesting overlook at a dam site. The inscription on the rock is for an early settler. The woman died from a rattlesnake bite inflicted by a snake she was handling. wtf?

This bike is like a bunch of shelves.

]

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                          82 gs1100L probably the next project
                          1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                          1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                            I went on a bit of an ADV trip with my punk kid and his buddy. 2 nights motel and 2 nights camping. Only tipped over twice. Once just stopped to rest and realized too late that there was a crevice next to me and put my foot down into empty space. The second time was funnier (see video below).
                            Seems like quite an adventure, 4 or so days.
                            Looks like you guys are putting the beemer GS into thier intended service.

Ha, Interesting vidio, ha, when bike down for a while, then your legs appear - all muddy.

Whats more of the story about "harley tire"....?
                            Last edited by Redman; 10-14-2022, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Finally got the GS1000G done. 50 mile sunset ride was gorgeous.
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                              Originally posted by Hayabuser
                              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Took my 83 750 out (no pics) and took my friend Nancy's Busa as she has some confidence issues because of an injury...it needed to be ridden....great 1st gen bike

No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X