Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Besides a few rally's throughout the year, it appears to me that (basically) only the northwest members actually ride their bikes. Just look at the "anyone go for a ride today?" or "riding game" participants.
    Anywhere else that stator or the new stator goes, he will just sit parked. Maybe just a stator tour of the northwest?
    Last edited by Guest; 03-24-2014, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1000E View Post
      Besides a few rally's throughout the year, it appears to me that (basically) only the northeast members actually ride their bikes. Just look at the "anyone go for a ride today?" or "riding game" participants.
      Anywhere else that stator or the new stator goes, he will just sit parked. Maybe just a stator tour of the northeast?
      Newfoundland seems an odd place to start ?
      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
      1983 GS 750

Comment

Whoops! northWEST.
        Apparently winfield also rides in Kentucky: "Went for a 2 hour ride on Sunday. It was 37 degrees F when I left and under 40 when I got home but the sun was shining brightly."

Comment

Whoops! northWEST.
          Apparently winfield also rides in Kentucky: "Went for a 2 hour ride on Sunday. It was 37 degrees F when I left and under 40 when I got home but the sun was shining brightly."
          Just razzing you..... Yesterday there were lots of people walking around in shorts. Mind you we're a little nuts up here......
          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
          1983 GS 750

Comment

I'm just saying that if you read most of the threads on GSR 90+% TALK about riding and less than 10% actually do. If you ride less than a few weeks each year,
            how many years must you ride to actually have a years' worth of riding experience? Perhaps this has something to do with the 75% of members that have crashed in that poll thread?
            Stator would be parked in a garage or basement most of the time.

Comment

I'm just saying that if you read most of the threads on GSR 90+% TALK about riding and less than 10% actually do. If you ride less than a few weeks each year,
              how many years must you ride to actually have a years' worth of riding experience? Perhaps this has something to do with the 75% of members that have crashed in that poll thread?
              Or maybe some of us ride every chance we get and don't post about it because 3-6 days a week of posting 'rode to the store, then took some back roads, ended up at a friend's place where we worked on his brother's truck, took back roads home.' is boring for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Griffyn View Post
                Or maybe some of us ride every chance we get and don't post about it because 3-6 days a week of posting 'rode to the store, then took some back roads, ended up at a friend's place where we worked on his brother's truck, took back roads home.' is boring for everyone.
                Yep, that pretty much covers it. LOL Being in Fl, it is a rare day I don't spend a couple of hours on the bike. Besides being my hobby, the bike is also my primary transportation. My van usually sits in the driveway.
                I lost count of my road miles about 25 years ago at 500,000 or so and I spend nearly as much time on two wheels now as I ever did.
                All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Earl, you make me sound like a newbie at only 200k.

Comment

Originally posted by max parsons View Post
                    Stator is alive and well and arrived in Finley this morning.I've got a couple of rides planned for him in the next couple of weeks so stay calm and if you want to be his next chauffer put your name forward.

Send Stator to me and I will get him started in the PNW.
                    V
                    Gustov
                    80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                    81 GS 1000 G
                    79 GS 850 G
                    81 GS 850 L
                    83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                    80 GS 550 L
                    86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                    2002 Honda 919
                    2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                      Send Stator to me and I will get him started in the PNW.
                      V
                      Just keep an eye on him. We wouldn't want to see he and Suzie Q run away together.......
                      1983 GS 750

Comment

My thoughts would be. Send him to dpep in Florida this Spring(Don gets around to all the Rallies) Then pass him off to the PNW guys for the fall/winter (they ride all year) Stator could then make his way down the west coast and eventually to tkent. tkent could then take him to Europe... my $.02
                        My Motorcycles:
                        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                        79 1000e (all original)
                        82 850g (all original)
                        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
                          Earl, you make me sound like a newbie at only 200k.
                          Thats a LOT of road behind you. heh
                          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Had to delete that. I thought you said northwest....
                            1983 GS 750

Comment

Or maybe some of us are waiting for the weather to settle down a bit more than it has.....
                              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I think another Stator should be started in the States and Canada and in Europe. By the time the original gets here or else where many of us might not be riding any longer lol. Impose a time limit where Stator II can spend at one area. Make it sort of a contest, how many miles each Stator can accumulate.
                                sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                                1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                                2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Working...
                                X