Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stator's arrival at our house has created great excitement but also a bad case of sibling rivalry with The Dirty Old Pig and The Silver One both wanting the job of showing Stator around the district.Obviously the only fair way to settle the argument was a tug of war.The result was an easy win to the battle hardened Pig over the flashy Silver One.Stator came through unscathed,except that his arms are now a lot longer.

Comment

Comment

While chatting to Stator over a cold beer I mentioned that I'd crashed The Pig 4 times.This panicked him a bit and he said the only way he'd ride with me was if he was kidnapped and tied up.He came to regret that statement.

Comment

I told him that my mate was going to come riding with us on his BMW but he didn't want to be seen anywhere near a BMW so I had to let him ride in my gearsack so no-one would recognise him.

Comment

My wife told Stator that when we first met I used to do a lot of monos to make sure she was cuddled up close and tight but she used to get scared.To get around this my mother gave my missus a knitting needle to jab into my ribs.She hadn't finished the story and Stator had found a Knitting needle.

Comment

My apologies for my earlier comment, Australia is redeemed.
              Awesome pics and story Ozman and Max.

Comment

Funny stuff, Max.
                Thank you for posting the next leg of his journey.
                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Got more pics of The Silver One?

Looks sweet!

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Map updated.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                      Map updated.
                      Link to map?

Never mind, found it in the first post of this thread.

sigpic
                      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                      Family Portrait
                      Siblings and Spouses
                      Mom's first ride
                      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

As you've seen earlier Ozman gave our little mate a big drink but no-one has bothered to feed him.Our supermarket has just the thing.Stator felt a bit like a cannibal at first but once he got a taste he ate the whole packet.

Comment

Finley is part of a large irrigation system which is one of many such systems in New South Wales,Victoria and South Australia.All these systems are fed by the Murray River.The main canal which runs through Finley is 100ks long with 1,100ks of supply channels servicing 100's of farms.On a busy day the main canal can flow 12,000megalitres of water.Rice harvest has just begun and wheat,canola and dairy farms are our other main crops.I tried telling all this to Stator but he just laid down and fell asleep.

Comment

We've got a few interesting bikes in the area.Our mechanic,Murf has owned this Katana for 20 years.It started life as a race bike.Back in 1983 it was the JCW bike,no6 and yellow which was ridden and crashed by Rod Cox in the 6Hour.Interestingly Suzuki supplied every Suzuki rider with an undersize and lighter alternator which wasn't detected by officials,however,they did pick up on the illegal alternator covers!This bike raced at Bathurst and won the Hub300 in Adelaide.

Comment

Finley local Laurie Fyfe had his first race just before his 50th birthday in 2007 and has been a great success.In 2009 he won the Period 5 Australian Championship at Mt. Morgan raceway in Queensland.In 2010 he won the Barry Sheene Memorial at Eastern Creek in Sydney.In 2011 he again won the Period 5 Australian Championship this time at Symonds Plains in Tasmania.All work on the bike except for total engine rebuilds are the work of a former local.The bike produces 164BHP at the back wheel.

Comment

Laurie recently purchased a Harris rolling chassis and fitted a newly built motor with the aim of competing at the Isle Of Man one day.At the recent Island Classic at Phillip Island he suffered a major blow up,however,no-one could diagnose the problem so we sent Stator in and he found that a valve had escaped and taken a piston with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X