This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Righto , we're here (in Ohio) .
    I've got to get a cable for the camera (to the compewda) so I can get this thread updated . Should be this arvo .

Cheers , Simon .

'79 GS1000S my daily ride in Aus

'82 (x2) GS650ET in the shed

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
      That would be unbearable...
      groan.....
      '83 GS650G
      '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Yay!!! How many stewardesses did Stator set dates up with?
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
          2.3 .

Cheers , Simon .

Comment

Hot ones? Or bearly hugable?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
              Originally posted by simon kuether View Post
              2.3 .
              "Two point three"???

Quite a special fella, I'm sure.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                Hot ones? Or bearly hugable?

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                "Two point three"???

Quite a special fella, I'm sure.

Oh he's a special fella alright! Just wait 'til you meet him... hang onto your wife! And any soft fluffy toys or pets...
                1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Back tracking a bit
                  Booty for the Yanks .......

On the way to Cairns .......

He met these chicky's in Cairns . Don't know how he does it ....

Decisions , decisions ...

Cheers , Simon .
                  Last edited by simon kuether; 05-25-2014, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Luckily , we didn't have to much to do with the blokes that own these bikes ......

But , also luckily , we did have a bit to do with the blokes that owned these .......

Cheers , Simon .

Comment

Simon. Would you mind taking a picture of Dale when he tastes the Marmite ?
                      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                      1983 GS 750

Comment

Mate , I wouldn't feed Marmite to a Kiwi .
                        But I will try to get a pic of these instant of ecstacy as he samples VEGEMITE for the first time .

Cheers , Simon .

Comment

Originally posted by simon kuether View Post
                          Mate , I wouldn't feed Marmite to a Kiwi .
                          But I will try to get a pic of these instant of ecstacy as he samples VEGEMITE for the first time .

Cheers , Simon .
                          Marmite was first produced in Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire, England, in 1902 as a way to monetize the discarded yeast from area brewers, in particular, Bass. The sticky, salty paste was an immediate success. The name is a French term for a cooking pot, which is still depicted on the product's label. Marmite was originally sold in small earthenware pots that mimicked its namesake in shape. The dark brown paste was originally popular among vegetarians as a replacement for similar beef extracts, and was spread thinly on crackers or spooned into hot water to form a broth. Such food extracts were popular in general at the time.
                          The paste is made by adding salt to the yeast by-product from breweries, heating the solution until the cell walls of the yeast are softened, then straining the solution to make it smooth. The result is naturally rich in vitamins, especially the Vitamin B complex, but additional vitamins and minerals are added to Marmite--and that is what the Danish government dislikes.
                          The main ingredients of Marmite yeast extract, salt, vegetable extract, niacin, thiamine, spice extracts, riboflavin, folic acid, and celery extract, but the exact composition of the spread is a trade secret. The vitamin concentration in the savoury paste is very high, which is one reason why the spread has remained popular despite its strong taste, and why it is considered a vitamin-enhanced foodstuff in Denmark. A serving of the product provides 36 percent of the recommended daily allowance of niacin, 50 percent of the folic acid a body needs, and 40% of the recommended daily allowance for Vitamin B-12.
                          The stuff the Aussies make is just watered down Marmite. Like Aussie rules (Gaelic football) they insist on relabeling everything and claiming it as their own.

Vegemite, is an Australian product, manufactured by Kraft Foods Ltd, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. It's dark brown food paste made from yeast extract, used mainly as a spread on sandwiches, toast and cracker biscuits, as well as a filling of pastries like Cheesymite scroll, in Australia and New Zealand. It is similar to British and New Zealand Marmite and to Swiss Cenovis.

Vegemite is made from leftover brewers' yeast extract, a by-product of beer manufacturing, and various vegetable and spice additives.

Ingredients are:

Yeast extract, salt, malt extract, colour (caramel), vegetable flavours, vitamins (niacin, thiamine, riboflavin).
                          Of course the watered down Aussie equivalent isn't as naturally vitamin rich and has to be applied much more thickly to taste half decent and promote chest hair growth.
                          Last edited by Guest; 05-25-2014, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Green View Post

Of course the watered down Aussie equivalent isn't as naturally vitamin rich and has to be applied much more thickly to taste half decent and promote chest hair growth.
                            Instead of eating it, wouldn't it be better to spread it on your scalp?
                            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Marmite!

I heard they had Dartmoor prison rejects to bottle Marmite after WW11, to get rid of all the old axle grease from the Army.
                              Where as Vegemite has helped Aussie kids grow up sane and normal, and to lead happy lives as constructive members of the biking community.
                              (Right, I'm off to get my parole officer another bag of weed!)

Comment

Do we need to take up a collection to bail him out? What's he in for anyway?

Nevermind, that's not a cop.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Working...
                                X