Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stator made a trip to work with me today. Of course, when he heard he was going to a hospital he nervously asked if it was like yours Allie. I explained I worked at one of the oldest VA medical centers (opened in 1870) in the country as their Network and Telecom manager. I assured him the in-patient Mental Health ward was only on the 7th floor (we have a domiciliary and Methadone clinic in a separate building across the campus) and that he wouldn't have to go down there.

After attending the morning report with the CIO, he helped me edit one piece of the After Hours Nurse Triage phone script I'm re-writing.

The Dayton VA's After Hours Nurse Triage center supports 43 VA hospitals from around the country (Boston to Anchorage, Birmingham to Saginaw) for after hours medical, mental health (suicide/homicide), and pharmacy/appointment needs. We currently only track our calls by region (actually a bit smaller but close enough) which doesn't give us much flexibility to open/close sites when needed or provide very granular reporting. My efforts will narrow their processes down by hospital which will improve service, training, and reporting. I'm also re-writing their daytime Pharmacy Call Center scripts that supports the 5 Ohio VA hospitals.

Later, I had to configure a network patch so Stator helped by attaching the cable and then verifying the switch port came up.

Unfortunately, we were called by one of my colleagues who monitor the door lock and communications closet camera systems. Stator was surprised he was caught on camera but we assured him no one in the government will really care about it......or will they

He had a decent day today and my direct boss, the CIO, was very excited about him (surprisingly) and had to take a picture. Our customer support supervisor even wanted to take him home for her granddaughter.
    Last edited by cowboyup3371; 10-20-2014, 09:01 PM.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Funny, that last bit.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

So Stator and I are going to do everything possible to get out this weekend after I spend a few hours installing equipment at one of my outpatient clinics. I think it would be nice if I sped up the traveling though and get him out to the next person that wants him. Is anyone interested in having him visit as of next week?

1981 GS550T - My First

Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die

Comment

You can send him west.
          V
          Gustov
          80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
          81 GS 1000 G
          79 GS 850 G
          81 GS 850 L
          83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
          80 GS 550 L
          86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
          2002 Honda 919
          2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Send him to gustovh and he is certain to travel more than a few miles.

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
              So Stator and I are going to do everything possible to get out this weekend after I spend a few hours installing equipment at one of my outpatient clinics. I think it would be nice if I sped up the traveling though and get him out to the next person that wants him. Is anyone interested in having him visit as of next week?
              Why not send him to the Island? We probably have the most GSR members per capita anywhere. And you know I will put miles on it. Heck I even have 3 GS bikes to do it on. Then we can send it down the OR coast.
              No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                Why not send him to the Island? We probably have the most GSR members per capita anywhere. And you know I will put miles on it. Heck I even have 3 GS bikes to do it on. Then we can send it down the OR coast.
                Yeah sure.... Skip right over Vancouver.......
                Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                  Yeah sure.... Skip right over Vancouver.......
                  Lol...ok ok...we would send him your way next Garth.
                  No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                    Lol...ok ok...we would send him your way next Garth.
                    Nah.. Just bugging you. I'd sooner see him arrive when the weathers better and you and I can take him up to Whistler for a pint or three......
                    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                    1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1000E View Post
                      Send him to gustovh and he is certain to travel more than a few miles.
                      Always the smarta$$ with no knowledge of what's happening out here. Hell, I doubt you even have a real job

We weren't able to get out today with the work this morning and promise I made to Charmayne but I have a 300 mile ride planned for tomorrow morning.

Gustovh, Trevor, or Bccap - send me your address and I'll get him out to you
                      Last edited by cowboyup3371; 10-25-2014, 10:34 PM.

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

OK who wants him first?

V
                        Gustov
                        80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                        81 GS 1000 G
                        79 GS 850 G
                        81 GS 850 L
                        83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                        80 GS 550 L
                        86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                        2002 Honda 919
                        2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

I think it should be a hand off. Not just throw him in a box and mail him... But I gess it would be to hard to organize a hand off chain across the country...
                          My Motorcycles:
                          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                          79 1000e (all original)
                          82 850g (all original)
                          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

That's true Storm, it would be much nicer; sadly, the mail has been the only way Allie and I were able to get him for many reasons. If you or someone in Indiana wants him then I'd ride to meet up

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                              That's true Storm, it would be much nicer; sadly, the mail has been the only way Allie and I were able to get him for many reasons. If you or someone in Indiana wants him then I'd ride to meet up
                              Oh, I understand the logistics about that cowboy. That's cool. I was just saying it would be neat to organize a hand off across the country. But with the changing of the seasons adds a little twist to that. Plus I know the BC boys will do him Justice. Then maybe another summer next year in the USofA before going to Europe...
                              Last edited by storm 64; 10-25-2014, 11:53 PM.
                              My Motorcycles:
                              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                              79 1000e (all original)
                              82 850g (all original)
                              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                                Oh, I understand the logistics about that cowboy. That's cool. I was just saying it would be neat to organize a hand off across the country. But with the changing of the seasons adds a little twist to that. Plus I know the BC boys will do him Justus. Then maybe another summer next year in the USofA before going to Europe...
                                Thanks Storm...you know we will do him justice! Lots for him to see on the Rock!!
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X