This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trevor View Post
    Really? In ten years and hundreds of rounds of golf and 77000kms I have been stung once. And that was on the golf course. You must be sweeter than me. Lol
    I've never been stung at all but last summer there must have been hundreds of the things living in the fence in my backyard. Knocked down three nests growing on the house too....
    2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
    2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Used to have hornets and yellow jackets. Not any more.

[/URL]

V
      Gustov
      80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
      81 GS 1000 G
      79 GS 850 G
      81 GS 850 L
      83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
      80 GS 550 L
      86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
      2002 Honda 919
      2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
        No mosquitos but we have a country's worth of hornets and wasps here! Since they're not out for blood, we stay away from each other and all is well... Until they get inside your helmet.
        OK Dave. Let me tell you about flying thingies getting in your helmet. I`m coming home from work one lovely Spring evening and since it was kinda` nice out I had on my sunglasses and my shield open. I felt a thwack as I was coming to a stop sign and didn`t think much about until I felt climb pass my ear and start moving down my neck then into my jacket. The first sting was probably the worst by I think was really bad was a grown man standing in rush our traffic trying to get his jacket and being stung 7 times by time it was over. Ever try getting your leather off while wearing gauntlets? Well the passers by and the guys sitting in traffic there laugh for the day. Needless to say the shield is always down now. LOL
        sigpic1981 gs1000G Black
        1969 Honda Dream Apart and someday will be painted!

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

Comment

I've never gotten one in my helmet but I am continually amazed at a bees apparent ability to hit the one square centimeter of flesh that is not covered by protective gear (on my neck) with its stinger as I hurtle down the road at 60 mph. Then there's the whole question of 'why'.
          "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

You always get the stinger end because you're coming up on the bee from behind at 100+ km/h.
            Suzuki GS550; Kawasaki H-1E, GPz900; Honda MT250, CB400F, CB550, GL500, CBR929.

Comment

Up Island with my co-pilot today...

Old School in front on the old school...lol

Maple Bay..

No signature

Comment

Up Island with my co-pilot today...

Old School in front on the old school...lol

Hope you cleaned up after your bear!
                2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Stator sure gets around with you Trevor. Great pictures, good weather. When Stator is tired of Canada, he could come down and visit his cousin Clank if no one in Wa wants to tour with him.

V
                  Gustov
                  80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                  81 GS 1000 G
                  79 GS 850 G
                  81 GS 850 L
                  83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                  80 GS 550 L
                  86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                  2002 Honda 919
                  2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Don't think i have ever heard..."put a leash on that bear".
                    Nice pics, Trevor.
                    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Have you got that bear sedated? I vaguely remember that him hitting on the ladies and wiping out all the beer at other places he visited. What's up?

cg
                      sigpic
                      83 GS1100g
                      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

So a Bear walks into a bar,

2018 Honda Africa Twin AS
                        2013 DR 650 Grey, sold 1981 GS 650E Silver,

1980 GS1000ST Blue & White, X2

2012 DL650 Vstrom Foxy Orange, in storage
                        1981 CT110 X2 "Postie Bikes" Gone to a New Home.
                        2002 BMW 1150 GS Blue & White - Sold
                        1975 BMW R90/6 Black - Sold 1984 GS1150EF Sold
                        1982 BMW R100 Africa trip, Stolen - Recovered- Sold
                        1977-1980 Suzuki GS550, GS1000E, GS1000S GSX750, GSX1100,s
                        Hondas ST90, CR125 CB175 , CB350 CB750, NSU Quickly, Yamaha RD's 350/400,

Comment

That's right. Stator has arrived in Vancouver courtesy of Trev passing him on at the Vancouver Motorcycle Show. And the first person he met is a Kiwi........

And then he met some of our members of the BC Classic Motorcycle Club at our Sunday morning coffee meeting.......

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                          1983 GS 750

Comment

Poor Stator, hanging around with such reprobates! Looks like a good turnout of greyhairs from BCCMC.
                            IBA# 12860
                            Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
                            1984 KZ1100R
                            2008 Kawasaki KLR650
                            2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Lol...Victoria is not quite known for it's pollution.
                              I beg to differ........

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                              1983 GS 750

Comment

I can't believe how many years it took me to hit on this thread. It's one of the cutest I've ever seen!
                                Stator is absolutely adorable.... Will you ever share him with your American friends?

Comment

Working...
                                X