Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest with you I don't know what kind they are or if they have bugs. Never heard of anyone mentioning bugs though. You've got my curiosity going so I'll see if I can find out.......
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Comment

Found it. They're called Windmill Palms. The picture in the upper right corner of the below link is a couple of blocks down from where I took mine. Note the tree growing on the top of the apartment building. Looked stupid from day one and is long gone now......
      Great domain names provide SEO, branding, and a memorable experience for your users. Get a premium domain today.
      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
      1983 GS 750

Comment

Glad you're getting out Garth, and those are awesome pictures too, thanks
        No signature

Comment

Nice pictures Bccap
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Real nice pics. Thanks for sharing and taking good care of Stator!

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
              Found it. They're called Windmill Palms. The picture in the upper right corner of the below link is a couple of blocks down from where I took mine. Note the tree growing on the top of the apartment building. Looked stupid from day one and is long gone now......
              http://www.palmtreepassion.com/windm...l#.VOON4S6JT4c
              Interesting stuff. Apparently even the Palmetto palms (Cabbage palms) can get really tall, I never noticed that.
              "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Do they bear coconuts?

Comment

Originally posted by Gramma Peppermint View Post
                  Do they bear coconuts?
                  Palmetto Palms don't bear coconuts, and I'm guessing the Windmill Palms don't either. Coconut Palms do (who knew?), they are very tall, have smooth trunks that look like cement, and long palm fronds instead of fan shaped. You gotta watch them suckers, they drop a coconut on your head and you die. I could hear them thumping on the ground sometimes outside my bedroom window. Ouch!
                  "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Garth, your camera and skills are going to put me to shame...

I am happy to announce that Stator spent hs first day getting into all sorts of trouble around the house. When I have spare moment or two, I'll upload some photos.

He was supposed to go on a ride with me this past Saturday, but plans changed when both girls decided they were coming with me, so I had to take the cage
                    '83 GS650G
                    '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                      I.....
                      Anyway on the way to the park Stator spotted some palm trees. He couldn't believe we have them in Kanada. I told him they were Snow Palms { he sure is a gullible little fella }

I too would not have thought of palm trees in Canada.

Snow Palms, you say.

They may not bear coconuts.
                      But does look like they attract cranes.

Nice photos.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                        I too would not have thought of palm trees in Canada.

Snow Palms, you say.

They may not bear coconuts.
                        But does look like they attract cranes.

Nice photos.
                        Okay.... I confess. I Photoshopped the palm trees in...........

1983 GS 750

Comment

Now, THAT's more like it.

sigpic
                          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride
                          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Has Stator joined a monastery, pity the nuns if he has?

Comment

What's up with Stator?

V
                              Gustov
                              80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                              81 GS 1000 G
                              79 GS 850 G
                              81 GS 850 L
                              83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                              80 GS 550 L
                              86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                              2002 Honda 919
                              2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Last siting was by an igloo. Maybe he got adopted by polar bears.
                                '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Working...
                                X