Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor Stator is mad at me because he hasn't been going for rides...I swear that scowl never goes away.

Hey BC guys, who wants to brave that big yellow disc in the sky and meet me somewhere Saturday afternoon?
    '83 GS650G
    '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
      Poor Stator is mad at me because he hasn't been going for rides...I swear that scowl never goes away.

Hey BC guys, who wants to brave that big yellow disc in the sky and meet me somewhere Saturday afternoon?
      If you are interested this week's Sunday morning coffee meeting for BCCMC is at Kiwicanucks. After which Stan is planning a ride. I'm going to try to make some of it but may not be able to do the whole ride.........
      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
      1983 GS 750

Comment

So is Stator moving on to some place like Oregon or Washington soon? When are we going to see some more pictures?
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
          If you are interested this week's Sunday morning coffee meeting for BCCMC is at Kiwicanucks. After which Stan is planning a ride. I'm going to try to make some of it but may not be able to do the whole ride.........
          Unfortunately I have other things on the go Sunday, but I will be heading out toward Chilliwack via Harrison Mills Saturday. Maybe I should take the passport and come back on the back roads in Washington.

If I cannot meet up with anyone between now and the PNW Rally, Stator will definitely be riding passenger with me on the way to John Day.
          '83 GS650G

Comment

Okay all of you Stator fans. I bet you've been expecting an ISIS video by now.

Stator arrived in Vancouver awhile back,

but looked none too pleased to have been bound up in a plastic bag. I'm sure he thought he was a new mule for a Colombian drug lord:

He met a new friend, so they decided to try their hand at the Canadian sport:

Stator seemed much happier when he got into his riding gear:

and we headed off on a long-awaited tour:

Where Stator decided he preferred the comfort of this Triumph:

and just hanging out with the Lion's Gate Bridge and the north shore in the background:

We had bearly got going again, when the motorcycle started making an unruly noise, and my wrist was feeling a recent jam so we didn't get to cover as many miles as we would have liked. Turns out the noise was just a screaming speedo gear, accompanied by mega-bouncing of the needle (all sorted out now).

Stator says he is looking forward to more rides, meeting more GSR members and to contact him through me if you want to meet up. He also says that unless someone else comes along, he'll be my copilot for the PNW Rally (John Day Edition) in a few weeks time.
            '83 GS650G

Comment

Great pics D!!!
              No signature

Comment

Very nice! I still miss the muffin munchin bear.
                "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Thank you for the update; I was starting to think he had a motorcycle accident
                  Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                  1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                  2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                  Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                  and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Good to see Stator "up and running" again. Cool pics.

Comment

You might ask Stator if he wants to go to England with me in Mid July. I'm visiting my daughter in London and going over to Northern Ireland to catch a road race with Johnny Drummond. Might even see Tomo in Durham. He could go round trip or one way. Maybe someone's doing a trip in Europe in August.
                      sigpic
                      83 GS1100g
                      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                        You might ask Stator if he wants to go to England with me in Mid July. I'm visiting my daughter in London and going over to Northern Ireland to catch a road race with Johnny Drummond. Might even see Tomo in Durham. He could go round trip or one way. Maybe someone's doing a trip in Europe in August.
                        He nodded that he'd like to compare Marmite to Vegemite. I questioned his sanity
                        '83 GS650G

Comment

[/URL]

BigD passed off Stator to me last weekend and he went with us on the rally ride on Saturday.

[/URL]

We stopped along the way for pictures and a chat, so I set him on the tank to giv'em a break from my top case. I walked across the street to take a picture of the group.

[/URL]

I walk back and find him on the ground.

[/URL]

I walk back and I find him on the ground passed out. I don't know if he got in to my flask in the top case or if he fell off trying to chat up Kim behind him, (or both). You know he has a bad rap as a lady's bear and drinker. When he woke up, he wasn't giving up how he landed on the ground, but MY flask was lighter. (I share this as a potential warning). He seemed to have a good time at the PNW rally.

Charlie G
                          Last edited by Charlie G; 06-15-2015, 06:22 PM.
                          sigpic
                          83 GS1100g

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Stator was a perfect gentlebear for his entire stay in NJ.
                            "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

We haven't been out much since the rally other than going down to the local brew pub and I diodn't get any pictures of that adventures. We will be heading over to England on the 15 of July and am hoping to meet up with Johnny Drummond at the Armoy road races on the 25th and Tomo in the area of the Dales or Durham a few days earlier. I wanted to pass off this little fellow to someone in the British isles, if someone in Ireland, Scotland or England has an interest in hosting him for a while let me know here. I also plan on spending quite a few days in the London area as well as a day trip to Gillingham and Canterbury. Let me know and we'll work it out. Help! He's drinking me out of house and home. Cheers!

cg
                              Last edited by Charlie G; 07-15-2015, 12:28 PM.
                              sigpic
                              83 GS1100g

Comment

Our bags are packed and in about an hour we'll head off to San Francisco and on to London.

[/URL]

A little breakfast with Chris.

[/URL]

His new found buddy was sad to see him go....Stator and that young Deer can party!...

[/URL]

Soaking up a few last rays before hitting the road for Old Blighty.

I have it planned to meet up with Tomo, Tatu, Londonboards in England and Johnny Drummond in Northern Ireland. We'll walk the Yorkshire Dales for a few days, go to Joey's bar and the Armoy road race in N.I, and visit my ancient hamlet in the south east.

If anyone else is about these spots post up and we'll have you buy Stator a pint! Cheers!

Charlie G and "She who must be obeyed"
                                Last edited by Charlie G; 07-15-2015, 01:00 PM.
                                sigpic
                                83 GS1100g

Comment

Working...
                                X