• Time
  • Show
Clear All

[/URL]

Tomo and I meeting in Burnsall.

[/URL]

Tomo's wife Dawn meeting Stator.

[/URL]

A few new friends they brought along for Stator to meet.

[/URL]

A cute NHS nurse Stator had an eye on.

[/URL]

Enough tea and cakes, back on the trail.

[/URL]

There are fish (brown trout) in this river!

[/URL]

[/URL]

Still a ways to Grassington for the night.
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post

[/URL]

My daughter noticed a large fallen tree along the way with coins wedged/pounded into the damp wood. Every reachable square inch of tree had these coins. I was told by my friend Johnny Drummond that it is as thought you were making a wish in a wishing pound when you place a coin this way.

[/URL]
      [/UR
      Here the river cuts through the Sandstone called locally "Gritstone" forming a deep bell shaped trench, which the trail sign say many of the locals have died in.
      We call it Gritstone as it's a coarser material. What the early millstones used to grind iron plate flat was made of. Seeing these pics makes me miss my home.

The coins in the tree are an old pagan rite continued as many have been through the centuries of Christian oppression. They're offerings to the spirit of the forest (male diety). Tossing coins in a wishing well is making an offering to the mother earth (female diety)

If you come over again hopefully I can take you to some nice old places
      Last edited by Guest; 08-02-2015, 11:34 AM.

Comment

[/URL]

Here we are setting on a bench in Grassington where we spent the night at a pub named Forester Arms. Good food and staff. The room was a bit lacking, needing a good sweeping.

[/URL]

Stator spied this tourist fridge magnet and I think it made him think of home. I didn't understand....

[/URL]

Next day we're back on the trail. Notice how the trail is marked by the grass being shorter. We met an old man walking with his border collie on the trail. He seemed to be 80 plus and was really having a challenging time on the trail and I took him to be a local, which he was. He asked where I was from and I said California and asked in return if that was OK? He yes as long as I left a bit of brass along the way. I asked how they had mowed the grass to marked the trail, he said it was from all the hikers. I felt like a real dim whit American at this point

[/URL]

Starting to become a bit misty.

[/URL]

I like the Druid explanation of the coins better!
        Last edited by Charlie G; 08-02-2015, 12:18 PM.
        sigpic
        83 GS1100g

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

[/URL]

My my hiking crew. Colorful lot.

[/URL]

Love the limestone cliffs below.

[/URL]

Getting close to Kettlewell now.
          Last edited by Charlie G; 08-02-2015, 12:32 PM.
          sigpic
          83 GS1100g

Comment

More trail

[/URL]

[/URL]

There was a wiff of pipe smoke in the air as I passed by this tree. I like to believe Gandalf had just left....

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

A mew?

[/URL]

Kettlewell....

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

The Bridge.

[/URL]
            sigpic
            83 GS1100g

Comment

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

Zarinia's Tea room cafe and B&B, absolute number 1 in my book!!!!! Great food, nice owner and clean, nicely decorated rooms.

[/URL

[/URL]
              The only Blonde my wife would let me near.

We loved Kettlewell. We had dinner in the "Kings Head" pub. Great food, not for a tight budget.

It was back to London in the morning (Thursday the 23rd). My wife and I were to fly out to Northern Ireland on Friday to be there to see the Armoy Road Races on Saturday.
              Last edited by Charlie G; 08-02-2015, 01:08 PM.
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g

Comment

Armoy Road Race, Northern Ireland

[/URL]

Johnny rolling his bike out of the gate to head for the race.

[/URL]

[/URL]
                Parking in a farmers drive way / court yard for 5 pounds.

[/URL]

[/URL]

Stator chatting up at the race

[/URL]

[/URL]

The SV650 that crashed in front of us.

[/URL]

[/URL]

Now here is a cause that needs people to get involved in. I for one will write, sign and do what I can from my distant home to persuade the powers that be to acquire an emergency helicopter for the populous of Northern Ireland. I take this for granite where I live and this should be done.

[/URL]

Beautiful ladies and Stator after a good day racing.
                Last edited by Charlie G; 08-02-2015, 01:41 PM.
                sigpic
                83 GS1100g

Comment

Turn up the sound and click. I hope it works! Let me know if it doesn't.
                  The final Senior Superbike race. A short clip with Michael Dunlop, Guy Martin, Dean Harrison and William Dunlop whizzing by in that order.

[/URL]

Found coins stuffed into the rock at the "Giants Causeway in N.I.

[/URL]

[/URL]
                  Last edited by Charlie G; 08-02-2015, 03:05 PM.
                  sigpic
                  83 GS1100g

Comment

Back in England and off to Canterbury to see Londonboards and Tatu. Robinson's, what a great place. I saw Wallagren at the PNW rally in June and he had a key chain fro Robinson's and I asked how he got it. "I bought some parts from them. I had heard of them because of the GSR and I thought it might be nice to have one as a momento. Low and behold where does Richard take me. I asked the lady if they had key chain for sale...she looked puzzeled and said they had key fobs. I said thats it , can I buy one and she gave me three on them for free!
                    [/URL]

You've seen Richard's bikes and ladies so on to major GSR site of the South East of England, Tatu's sheds.....

[/URL]

One nice Skunk please ( yes I see the Yamee to)

[/URL]

[/URL]

Beautiful Stinger(?)

[/URL]

A Chrome framed Cooley with lots of goodies on it. I did find a bit of dirt on the case.

[/URL]

Richard treated use to a pint a local pub.

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

Old city gate

[/URL]

Shot of the river (mote) on the way to Cafe du Soleil (?) in Canterbury.
                    sigpic
                    83 GS1100g

Comment

[/URL]

It started pouring rain as we left Canterbury and headed back to London. We had one more day there and back to the old grind.

[/URL]

This is what waited for us when we arrived in Medford oregon. Smoke and 100 plus degree warm greeting.

[/URL]

The spoils of the trip! Thank you all for your hospitality, good candy, smiling faces, good beer and ****s & pour weather. Your turn Tomo......

cg
                      sigpic
                      83 GS1100g

Comment

[/URL]

It started pouring rain as we left Canterbury and headed back to London. We had one more day there and back to the old grind.

[/URL]

This is what waited for us when we arrived in Medford oregon. Smoke and 100 plus degree warm greeting.

[/URL]

The spoils of the trip! Thank you all for your hospitality, good candy, smiling faces, good beer and ****s & pour weather.

cg
                        sigpic
                        83 GS1100g

Comment

Video works... Really beautiful pics.
                          Love that Stinger at Tatus. One of my favorite Suzukis
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Very splendid pictures, you and Stator have seen much in the time you've been here, thanks for posting them all up. So sorry to have missed you, I got home a couple of days later.
                            sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

Stator arrived safely after taking a short rest in London staying with Charlie`s daughter. He was feeling a little tired after the journey up north, but insisted on doing a bit of work on my 750. Not sure about his choice of tools, but left him to it.

Dawn and I were going to show him around County Durham this week, but an opportunity came up that he could not resist. Our neighbour is a helicopter pilot in the North Sea oil industry, about to go on his fortnightly shift on the rigs and suggested Stator might want to go with him as co-pilot. So, tomorrow he is off to Aberdeen, then flying out with John for a couple of weeks on the oil rigs.
                              "Betsy" 1978 CX500 ratbike
                              1978 GS750
                              1979 GS750 chop
                              1979 GS550
                              2003 GSF1200 K3 Bandit
                              2000 Enfield Bullet 500
                              1992 XV750 Virago
                              2016 Harley 883 Iron

Comment

Tomo,

Your a braver man than I to let him have a "single jack". Maybe because it's a GS he'll be gentle. Look forward to some pictures.

Charlie G
                                sigpic
                                83 GS1100g

Comment

Working...
                                X