Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow Paul! You have done the forum (and us Kiwis) proud) Thank you very much for putting so much effort in.

Comment

Beautiful lake!!

Comment

Bloody nice report Paul, thanks a million, you have ideed raised the bar, going to be a hard act to follow.
        Methinks Stator is in for an interesting time.
        I will update the map as soon as he reaches his new destination.

Comment

Time for a ride.

This is my '79 GS1000S which cost me all of two dozen beer in 1995. It was in the corner of a warehouse in bits and the owner just wanted it taken away. It needs a coat of paint and some other cosmetic stuff done, but the engine is like new. I would like to complete the restoration but the race bike has my financial attention at the moment. Although I also have a FZ1 my wife prefers to pillion on the GS. They don't make seats like those anymore.

"Come on. Lets get on the road."

The view from Stormy Point, Vinegar Hill. The hill got it's name from when a still used to active there. The locals would go there to purchase their "Vinegar". It is a one of the great motorcycle rides near where I live.
          • Suzuki GS1100 for racing
          • Suzuki GS1000S for nostalgia
          • Yamaha FZR1000 for touring
          • Yamaha TR1 for a project

"to do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. Indeed, life is not measured in years alone but in achievement...." Bruce McLaren

Comment

Take a bow, Brother.
            Your pics and info from the weekend have been outstanding.
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
              Take a bow, Brother.
              Your pics and info from the weekend have been outstanding.
              Thanks Steve. As I said earlier though, the credit for the photos go to my son-in-law Mike. Good advice from GregT not to try to race and tour the pits. Time does no allow it at an event as large as this one was. The information is just a small part that is still circulating within my head. It was such an awesome weekend. But I'm racing again this weekend so my head will be full of new thoughts next week.

"to do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. Indeed, life is not measured in years alone but in achievement...." Bruce McLaren

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Green View Post
                Wow Paul! You have done the forum (and us Kiwis) proud) Thank you very much for putting so much effort in.
                There's a few more to come Colin. I hope that this is going in the direction that Flyboy, you, and the other originators envisaged.

Comment

First time I'm seeing all of this. I'm excited for Stator, he's off to a roaring start!
                  "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

I think this is all just brilliant. I can't wait until he comes to the US east coast so that I can get in on the action and ride with that bear.

Comment

He's off to ozman in a few days, so I'll need to get him out and about before he goes walkabout in Oz.

Comment

Meeting the relatives

He's probably got cousins all over the world. Here are a couple from my neck of the woods. They don't look too sure about having a "patched member" in their family though.

Comment

Time for a bear

Comment

Todays the day

Ēlick the link and sing along

Comment

Originally posted by gs58 View Post
                              He's off to ozman in a few days, so I'll need to get him out and about before he goes walkabout in Oz.
                              The Aussies will probably retrain him as a drop Bear....

(Southern hemisphere joke)

Comment

Originally posted by GregT View Post
                                The Aussies will probably retrain him as a drop Bear....

(Southern hemisphere joke)
                                And claim him as a native Australian

Comment

Working...
                                X