This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photos Daniel sent me from Missouri.

Stator found a Tennis Ball Tree and wishes that Morgan could come and play.

Just so people know that Stator is well and on the move

Last edited by rustybronco; 09-26-2018, 10:38 PM.
    De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Originally posted by rustybronco View Post
      Daniel, slightly loosening then torquing the cylinder head nuts to 40 Ft Lbs will slow the oil leak if it starts to get much worse.

Thanks for the tip. I will consider it. Those nuts are really rusty and scare me.
      It's something I would rather do home. Where the consequence of a broken stud can be dealt with.
      Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
      1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

Originally posted by rustybronco View Post
        Stator wishes that Morgan could come and play.

Apparently Stator is a gentleman.
        (removes his hat to be personal and friendly.)

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Nice. And Daniel, it’s good to see you posting and riding👍. Safe travels.
          I’ve always been curious if Rt66 lives up to its lore, or is a romanticized memory of times gone by.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
            I’ve always been curious if Rt66 lives up to its lore, or is a romanticized memory of times gone by.
            Some day, I hope to re-live some of MY memories, romanticized or not.

Between 1963 and 1974, we lived on the west side of Chicago. Every other year, my dad took a longer vacation and we drove to visit relatives near Riverside, California. Basically followed Rt. 66 the first few times, then the freeway started taking over. It would be nice to see the few pieces of the road that are left.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Nice. And Daniel, it’s good to see you posting and riding. Safe travels.

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              Some day, I hope to re-live some of MY memories, romanticized or not.
              Hello dorkburger. I never stopped riding, just don't log in so often.

I wanted to do route 66 because I always wanted to cross the continent all the way to LA. Hard to do with our old bikes....with mine anyway.

So far I find R66 disappointing. Steve would have nostalgia for the know to him sites. I don't have any. Never been here. Now if I could redo the trips we did every year with my dad driving and stop at the same places we always did that I would enjoy.

The distances are very long the few remaining bits are in bad shape or hard to access. Crossing the larger cities through their downtown is a bit painful. And crossing small cities with their failed business is also painful.

I do not regret the vistas. Amazing countryside. New Mexico and Arizona are amazing.

I of course stopped for sites and museum to educate our small friend. Maybe I learned something too.

In the next few days I need to find an Internet café and get some pictures up for you guys and gals.

Currently just outside Flagstaf AZ.
              Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
              1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

Originally posted by Highway_Glider View Post
                Hello dorkburger. I never stopped riding, just don't log in so often.

I wanted to do route 66 because I always wanted to cross the continent all the way to LA. Hard to do with our old bikes....with mine anyway.

So far I find R66 disappointing. Steve would have nostalgia for the know to him sites. I don't have any. Never been here. Now if I could redo the trips we did every year with my dad driving and stop at the same places we always did that I would enjoy.

The distances are very long the few remaining bits are in bad shape or hard to access. Crossing the larger cities through their downtown is a bit painful. And crossing small cities with their failed business is also painful.

I do not regret the vistas. Amazing countryside. New Mexico and Arizona are amazing.

I of course stopped for sites and museum to educate our small friend. Maybe I learned something too.

In the next few days I need to find an Internet café and get some pictures up for you guys and gals.

Currently just outside Flagstaf AZ.
                Central ave, or old 66, runs through the heart of Albuquerque. It's been run down for decades but the last two mayors have really pushed for upgrades along that stretch. I used to avoid that area with all the hotels that had hourly rates and such. Now I don't hesitate to walk the Nob Hill stroll with my wife on Saturday night. There was an area we called the war zone for decades. After a clever re-labeling by mayoral staff, it's now the "international district". Mostly comprised of Hispanic and other minority immigrants I suppose. Anyway, it's getting better but still not back to it's glory days that's for sure.

If you can, stop in Seligman, AZ. Not sure which way you're headed but that little town is a gem. We go out of our way just to pop in and see the little museums filled with vintage bikes and cars. It's the town that inspired the cartoon movie Cars. Really fun place. Maybe you already stopped there but I'll attach a photo or two for your consideration anyway.

Last edited by Burque73; 09-30-2018, 09:43 AM. Reason: just a couple of photos to add and comments about Central ave.
                Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A
                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I see that they have updated the sign since '98.
                  http://Untitled by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

I see that they have updated the sign since '98.
                    http://Untitled by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                    Very cool! Did you know about that place or were you lost like us? My daughter had to potty and we go off of the interstate only to stumble upon a sweet little town.
                    Roger

Current rides
                    1983 GS 850G
                    2003 FJR 1300A
                    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

We were heading to Ca. for a car event. We bounced on and off the interstate here and there and happened upon it.
                      sigpic

Glen
                      -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                        Apparently Stator is a gentleman.
                        (removes his hat to be personal and friendly.)
                        Daniel is, too.

We met in Toronto before he departed to visit Dale and I specifically asked him to say hello to Morgan.

He kept his promise, as a gentleman should.

Thanks, Daniel
                        "If you are going through hell.......keep going."
                        Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by argonsagas View Post
                          Daniel is, too.

We met in Toronto before he departed to visit Dale and I specifically asked him to say hello to Morgan.

He kept his promise, as a gentleman should.

Thanks, Daniel
                          Hello Ron. That wasn't a hard request to fill.

Trying to get myself back to Canada. The cold snap is slowing me down. Had to ride back south to avoid some snow.
                          Coupled with short days and killer cold when the sun is down makes for short rides.

I am trying for Dales place on Friday night. Toronto on Saturday.

We could meet again on Sunday before my last push home.
                          Of course all this is contingent on the bike and weather behaving.
                          Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
                          1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

Asked him if he liked the cold weather we are having...

De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Nice. Coffee is good.
                              sigpic

Glen
                              -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Hello all.

Stator and I are now in Montréal. And I will start publishing some of his adventures.

The album:
                                Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like Martianarepeopletoo.

It all started (For Stator anyway) at Steve's place. I got to park the GK in Steve's new motorcycle garage.
                                The ceiling isn't low. Steve his very tall.

There Stator in full gear was practising counter steering and dragging knee.

National Museum of the USAF. Look I’m an airplane.

While I was on the phone Stator ate my pulled pork. He left me the slaw.

Later that day on our way to Chicago. Just like Harold and Kumar Stator can eat his own weight, in burgers, in a single meal.

Surveying our camp-site.

Got rain in the morning. Got to Chicago where Stator stuck his tongue to a post. Being September not much happened to him from that.

We joined route 66.

Last edited by Highway_Glider; 10-15-2018, 10:42 PM.
                                Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
                                1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

Working...
                                X