Real Wes Cooley here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greg78gs750 View Post
    Welcome, Wes! (and I think we should add a parenthetical thanks to trevor?)
    +1

Yes, Trevor is a good ambassador!

Ed
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Hey Wes, what a treat for the club that you joined up. Again, I had a complete blast meeting you and Melody last year, good memories for life.

20170819_222950_resized by Rob Ert, on Flickr

You sure make the bike look better Wes

20170818_182840_resized by Rob Ert, on Flickr

Again, a real pleasure to hand out with a couple of superstars

20170820_181218_resized by Rob Ert, on Flickr
      Rob
      1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
      Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Good Googly !! Are we actually worthy ?

Wes, you are a legend....and Im a geek. In 1981 I lusted over the new GS1100E from afar. I was on deployment in Japan. Reading every magazine and Suzuki advertisement I could get my hands on. I'm not sure I even knew who Pops was but I knew of you. When I returned to the states in the spring of 82 I made it my mission to own that Bike. Riding home from the dealer I hit a stretch of twisty s called 9 mile road. I was you. Told you I was a geek.

A most gracious welcome to the GSRs
        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

This is amazing! Welcome to the site Mr. Cooley. I was privileged to watch you and the beginnings of superbike racing. This site re-stoked my passion in old school superbikes and am in the process of doing 2 now, one red, one blue. My signature pic is a WERA club race from Daytona bike week. This is sooo cool.
          Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
          Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
          Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

All, I'm helping Wes get a website built..and get him "OUT THERE".
            Look soon, for www.wescooley34.com

As you post these pics, may I take them and possibly use them with the standard disclaimer..."all images are property of owner and are posted with permission"
            thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by tbrduc View Post
              All, I'm helping Wes get a website built..and get him "OUT THERE".
              Look soon, for www.wescooley34.com

As you post these pics, may I take them and possibly use them with the standard disclaimer..."all images are property of owner and are posted with permission"
              thanks in advance.
              The one's I'm posting are pretty low quality. If Wes wants to use them by all means, I can email him the full resolution pictures.
              Rob
              1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
              Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Hey Wes! Come on down to deep south Texas. Steve Wise lives here, I believe. I'll let you ride my 1100 and Steve can ride the 900F. I'll follow in my Bullitt with the camera going.

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
                Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Hi and welcome Wes,
                  Marc
                  AIR COOLED MONSTERS NEVER DIE
                  1978 GS1000C X2
                  1978 GS1000E X2
                  1979 GS1000S
                  1979 gs1000
                  1983 gs400e

Comment

Cool! Welcome Wes!

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                      +1

Yes, Trevor is a good ambassador!

Ed
                      Too bad he quit the site!

I missed out meeting you Wes while you were here on the Island because I was back east... possibly not my best move but I figured that you'll be back here sooner than later. Try to get Trev back on here, but keep him on a short leash so he doesn't stray back into the Vortex.
                      2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                      2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                        Too bad he quit the site!

I missed out meeting you Wes while you were here on the Island because I was back east... possibly not my best move but I figured that you'll be back here sooner than later. Try to get Trev back on here, but keep him on a short leash so he doesn't stray back into the Vortex.
                        He's still here...just not logged into the "Vortex". At least, that's the impression I'm under.

Ed
                        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                          He's still here...just not logged into the "Vortex". At least, that's the impression I'm under.

Ed
                          Well, if anything could get me back here it's gotta be Wes joining. Lol....ok no Vortex...it's not good for my health...
                          No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                            Well, if anything could get me back here it's gotta be Wes joining. Lol....ok no Vortex...it's not good for my health...
                            Trevor, it’s good to see you back. You’ve done some cool things since taking a break from here. Hope you stick around.
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                              trevor, it’s good to see you back. You’ve done some cool things since taking a break from here. Hope you stick around.
                              +1, hi trevor

Comment

Originally posted by B.C.G.S. View Post
                                +1, hi trevor
                                Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                                Trevor, it’s good to see you back. You’ve done some cool things since taking a break from here. Hope you stick around.
                                Thanks guys, Wes and I speak regularly on the phone and last night we were catching up about the holidays and he told me he had joined. Some great things have happened for me since owning motorcycles again but meeting and having Wes Cooley stay at my home... well I still can’t believe it. I’m a lucky man.
                                cheers
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X