No announcement yet.

Response to lowballer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Touchy area dealing with faceless people, but yea, a sense of humor is good. He went straight to butt hurt.

Last spring a guy on CL was selling a pile of old plastic milk crates for xx a piece or best offer...(dont remember how much). My wife asked me to contact him with an offer. When he said no I told him that I was going to report him to the authorities fou unlawful possession of others' crates with clear indication of humor included.

I was pleased with my attemp at humor... wife was not.. I never heard back.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

You could now respond with a straight up perspective, like:
      “NADA low retail for a good 2007 GSXR750 is $3,900. Nathan, congrats on maybe finding a sweet deal. I am looking to sell my collectible old Suzuki for a fair price. I hope your bike is as good as you think.”

Having paid half of good retail, that GSXR may have some unexpected 'features'.

Comment

cheap GSXR= stunt bike

Comment

Love it! :d
          Rob
          1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
          Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Why would you bother with the guy? There seems to be a very many impoverished people who live to send emails to advertisers hoping to beat them down to nothing. Some people do it as a hobby.
            Time to take a deep breath and move on no good can come of escalating pointless behaviors.
            1983 GS 550 LD
            2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

a real craigslist troll offers 50% knowing they don't have 2 nickel's to rub together even if you accept their offer...
              it is easier just to move on and ignore them but a few months ago i had mr. 50% texting me every couple weeks with the same offer and total lies why i should take half price...the gas tank on my bike was work more than he was offering...i had to get nasty with him and the bike did sell and the buyer was sooooooo happy with the bike and price.
              CL...it's a F***** up world we live in....the faceless internet age....tisk tisk

Comment

One wonders if it is possible to write a script to find and make offers on everything of value for low prices using multiple users accounts in order to falsely persuade a seller to dump his stuff. If so lets do it and amass millions one old bike at a time.
                1983 GS 550 LD
                2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
                  One wonders if it is possible to write a script to find and make offers on everything of value for low prices using multiple users accounts in order to falsely persuade a seller to dump his stuff. If so lets do it and amass millions one old bike at a time.
                  The problem with Craigslist around here is everyone thinks their no title, rusted frame and two wheels without an engine, fenders, instruments, seat or tank is worth $1000. lol
                  All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Just venting. I'm done. Not sorry for annoying him though. Ignoring bad behavior is not doing anyone a favor.
                    sigpic
                    1983 GS1100ES (Bought July 2014)
                    1983 GS1100E (Bought July 2014)
                    1985 GS700ES (Bought June 2015) Sold
                    On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
                    All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                      The problem with Craigslist around here is everyone thinks their no title, rusted frame and two wheels without an engine, fenders, instruments, seat or tank is worth $1000. lol
                      $4000 if they used a Sawzall.
                      sigpic
                      09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                      1983 GS1100e
                      82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                      1980 GS1260
                      Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

I think it's great. Not rude at all. Unlike me who just tells them to f*#* off straight away. I don't have any patience for them. They don't reply. haha. These low ballers actually have no intention of buying anything. They just like to tell their loser mates that "I could have got that for x amount of $." But they don't own anything that runs or drives.... ugh.. Waste of oxygen. Same as those... "I am working overseas but want to buy your vehicle" try hard scammers.
                        gs1100gk 1985 (x 2)
                        gs850g 1980
                        Previously owned
                        gs1100gk 1984(just sold).
                        gs850g x 2 '79, '80, gs1100gk x 2 '84, '85, gs1000 '78, gs1100g '82, gr650 '82, Buell x 2 '99 & '09, Harley xlch '65, Yam vmax '95, FJ1100 '82, Honda 500/4 '74, Kwaka z250 '80...

Comment

Originally posted by glib View Post
                          I'm glad my sarcasm is appreciated.
                          certainly is! only thing, I don't want to be responding through my own email If I'm going to play with these idiots. Maybe Best to have a "Craigslist account"? You never know what they like to do once they've found someone that is actually responding ....
                          because, IMO, Anyone that makes an offer before seeing the bike isn't going to buy it anyways so it's probably easiest to ignore them entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
                            certainly is! only thing, I don't want to be responding through my own email If I'm going to play with these idiots. Maybe Best to have a "Craigslist account"? You never know what they like to do once they've found someone that is actually responding ....
                            because, IMO, Anyone that makes an offer before seeing the bike isn't going to buy it anyways so it's probably easiest to ignore them entirely.
                            I thought that when you reply to the Craigslist email, the reply goes back through C.L. and doesn’t show your address. I delete my email signature. But yes you can’t take anything for granted in troll world.
                            sigpic
                            1983 GS1100ES (Bought July 2014)
                            1983 GS1100E (Bought July 2014)
                            1985 GS700ES (Bought June 2015) Sold
                            On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
                            All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

Comment

Another option is to say, "Sure, I'll take that offer.". And then give him the address of someone you don't like.
                              '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Originally posted by glib View Post
                                I thought that when you reply to the Craigslist email, the reply goes back through C.L. and doesn’t show your address. I delete my email signature. But yes you can’t take anything for granted in troll world.
                                Hmm. Well I think you are right, seeing as I am replying to craigslist address.!! Thanks!
                                Last edited by Gorminrider; 03-21-2018, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X