No announcement yet.

Used bike nonsense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything is spray can painted flat black- air box in the the trash ,emgo pods, stupid $13 mufflers or mufflers chopped off, front fender in the trash with the sentence "Runs but needs carbs tuned."

Comment

That exactly describes the 550 I bought. Dude wanted $1200. Got it for less than half. Pretty sure most of the knuckleheads are asking triple just for fun.

Most recent CB750 I saw had a locked motor, needed carbs cleaned / synced, needed brakes rebuilt, needed rust cleaned out of tank. Title signed by someone else. $1500... insane.

Comment

The best-priced bikes are "garage finds". Its been cluttering up a garage or shed for decades, and someone who knows what it is finds the dust-covered bike and makes an offer.
        sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Craigslist is in Aus but has buggerall on it at present. The most popular equivalent here is Gumtree. That's where I found my GS750E!
          Cheers, Andy

Current bikes... 78 GS750E, 72 CB500K1
          Previously owned...
          01 VFR800Fi, 67 Honda Sports 90
          71 Yamaha 175 CT2, 73 Yamaha RD250 (great bike!), 79 Yamaha XT250T
          75 Kawasaki KX125 (little screamer!)
          BMW R65, BMW R80, BMW R100LT

Comment

I thought Indiana prices were silly but I just looked at San Antonio and suddenly feel better about our overpriced junkers.

Comment

Working...
            X