No announcement yet.

Where can I get factory Black Chrome rechromed back oe black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repainting the wheels isn’t as involved as it’s made out to be.No masking needed. With the wheel off and rotors off clean the wheels cast areas as best you can. Gunk,or spray starting fluid or brake cleaner. You’re going to paint over the old finish without masking anything. Have an old t shirt and some enamel reducer ready. Spray the black in sections,try to keep it toward the cast areas. Stop frequently to wipe the machined areas with the t shirt wrapped around a finger, do it carefully and will look as good as factory job.

Comment

I am still waiting on a response from the black chroming company that was posted here. Has ANYONE here actually done their OE black chrome exhaust with black gloss powder coat and how does it look compared to OE? My exhaust is in good shape so a used unit is not an option because mine is better than any used unit I have seen but would like it to be more new looking to match the rest of the bike. The next project is getting the machines (groves in rims) to be bright again. I cannot polish them due to the machining, I also can't find a wheel refurb company that can paint/powder coat the wheels and keep the machine finish...if anyone has some tips or has used a company with good success, please post here. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X