Too Damn close!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ddaniels View Post
    Glad you're ok. These kinds of things can make you think for a while.
    yep, what bothers me is that I know I was looking directly at where the van was for at least 3 seconds and I could not see it.
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Black van at a high rate of speed at night without headlights. There is another interesting story behind that. Thank God you are alive to tell a small part of that story!
      '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by OldVet66 View Post
        Black van at a high rate of speed at night without headlights. There is another interesting story behind that. Thank God you are alive to tell a small part of that story!
        I briefly considered chasing him down, but then thought, what would I be able to do with him when I caught him. Besides, that would violate my never take a bike to a car fight rule. LOL

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

when I heard something I couldn't identify. It sounded like the wind whistling and tires rolling
          what bothers me is that I know I was looking directly at where the van was for at least 3 seconds and I could not see it
          Disturbing alright...streetlights maybe fooling the eye..lack of apparent motion across the background- you'd have to Consider it a close escape from a predator, like an owl or fox or hawk- they rely on these tricks of perception fooling the prey. Congratulate yourself for good-enough "spidey-sense" and next time, I bet you are the only one that will see the BlackKillerVan as it swoops to kill!
          Glad you were "hearing it" whatever!

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
            Disturbing alright...streetlights maybe fooling the eye..lack of apparent motion across the background- you'd have to Consider it a close escape from a predator, like an owl or fox or hawk- they rely on these tricks of perception fooling the prey. Congratulate yourself for good-enough "spidey-sense" and next time, I bet you are the only one that will see the BlackKillerVan as it swoops to kill!
            Glad you were "hearing it" whatever!
            It was an open stretch of rural highway, no street lights and pitch black. The first oncoming car had headlights though, which probably reduced my night vision acuity for some seconds.

Comment

^ In that case, this is the second day of your new life. Bonus round!

Maybe use it to ban all black vehicles except motorcycles. They're silly anyways they show the dirt, they get too hot in summer and, of course, they are hard to see and a danger to the rest of us.

Comment

Working...
              X