No announcement yet.

Long Distance Interstate Riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I commute regularly on my bike, 40 mins of 70mph interstate at a time, and have found two things that really help: Comfortable grips (I have big mitts, so oversized but squishy grips are a must; good grips help deaden vibrations too) and a decent windscreen that will direct most of the wind up over your helmet. I'm firmly in the "throttle rest" style camp as well, I don't use it for my commute, but for longer highway blasts I have it set up all the way to the inside of the throttle, and rest my thumb/thumb side of my palm, on it to keep the throttle open and stretch out my fingers.
    1982 GS850GL - Shaved seat foam and new seat cover; Daytona handlebars and Tusk risers; Puig "Naked" Windscreen\
    1978 KZ200 - Mostly original, hydraulic front brake swap, superbike bars; purchased at 7k original miles
    Track bike project: 2008 Hyosung frame w/ 97 gs500E engine swap (in progress)

Comment

Look up "Grip Puppies" on Google - These are foam that slides over the existing grips and makes them bigger and softer
      Currently in the Stable :
      2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
      1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
      - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

Working...
      X