Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wingsconsin View Post

Okay -- this makes me angry ---

Her Boss (a MALE) told HER (FEMALE) to go out and check on what these two thugs were doing because it was HER bike.
    Then she was confronted in a threatening way -- while he did ...nothing??
    Wait -- he called the Police... oh ...very ...manly ..

I know Charmayne is perfectly capable -- but she is tiny !?!
    WHY did he NOT walk out WITH HER ?!?!?

I guess I grew up in a different time -

The demise of manners and grace and Gentlmanliness seems at an end.

Okay -- Off the soapbox for now ---
    But I found out either of my sons stood by while a woman was in a difficult situation...(azzkickin comin at ya!)

Dude, no. This has nothing to do with genders. Would your sons get an asskickin' as well if they stood by when a guy was in a difficult situation?

If at all, make this into an age/character issue.

But let's not digress.
    #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
    #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
    #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
    #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

I think Wingsconsin was simply referring to good old fashioned chivalry. In that regard, I fully agree with him, and I'm teaching my kids the same..
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by roeme View Post
        Dude, no. This has nothing to do with genders. Would your sons get an asskickin' as well if they stood by when a guy was in a difficult situation?

If at all, make this into an age/character issue.

But let's not digress.
        Uhh...YES ...

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
        I think Wingsconsin was simply referring to good old fashioned chivalry. In that regard, I fully agree with him, and I'm teaching my kids the same..
        ​Thank you for understanding - Chivalry is not dead ! But it is resting...
        Currently in the Stable :
        2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
        1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
        - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

Good on you, Wingcosin, for noticing the 2-on-1 (woman or not but I too tend to "especially so"...) situation...I don't know what the situation was per the "boss"- maybe impossible for him to aid- but, genererally I'd like to think "me'n my friends" would all go out to see in a similar situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
            Heroin is BIG these days. So many people hooked. It's truly sad. Guys like those are living a life of desperation. I'm not trying to excuse their behavior just commenting that there are a lot of lost soles out there these days.
            Same here in Canada. Though, with the growing use of Fentynal by heroin junkies, the issue is beginning to self correct.
            Last edited by Admiral Beez; 05-13-2018, 04:20 PM.
            1982 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

Elephant tranqs and heroin...what could go wrong. Self correcting issue, as stated above. Was just talking to a paramedic about the whole NARCAM / heroin issue during lunch. It's bad here in Indiana.

Comment

A nearly successful attempt was made last night to steal my cousins Ducati 996..
                He parked it in his driveway after returning exhausted and late from a day out. The would be thieves rolled it into the street then dropped and left it there.
                Apparently my cousin slept thru it. The bike was picked up by the police and carefully flatbeded to impound with no further damage.
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Charmayne View Post
                  The cops found the knife that was used to chip away the paint on my bike. .............
                  .................................................. .............................I told that to the cops and gave them a full description of the men who were found ....................
                  Charmayne,
                  ANy new develpment with this that you know...?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                    Charmayne,
                    ANy new develpment with this that you know...?
                    No, we haven't been told anything
                    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

What the H3LL ? ! ? I was thinking the same thing as Karl, why didn't ANYONE go out there with her? And for the LIFE of me, I can't figure why they would be stuffing needles in random places on the bike...

Now, that said. When these guys get out jail, they just might be inclined to go back there and try something with her. Criminals don't see their incarceration as their own fault. The person that got them busted is ALWAYS at fault. I don't know what kind of town / city you live in, but I would be very cautious leaving work in the near future. Especially at night. The way the judicial system "works" these days, it's likely they will be out in a month or so... Just some reality food...

Very glad to hear that only the bike to minor cosmetic damage.

* One last thing... What kind of junkie get their oil changed ? ! ? These guys should be added to one of the dumbest criminals videos, because they aren't very good at it... lol...
                      '83 GS 1100T
                      The Jet

sigpic
                      '95 GSXR 750w
                      The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Working...
                      X