Picture of the WEEK game over in Campfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my other farm animals pics.

but I thought would be too similar to what others might have.
    Is a unique sitaution of graseing area right next to the road, and overlooking the valley and the river.
    Other shot I have of this scene, I stepped back across the road so have the road in the frame, and capture a sport bike streaking past (and it is streaked in the photo), and the cows stil just graseing away.

Last edited by Redman; 07-30-2018, 11:43 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

^^^^^ That one is better than your submission this week ^^^^^ Although the story behind the other picture is pretty good...
      '83 GS 1100T
      The Jet

sigpic
      '95 GSXR 750w
      The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
        ^^^^^ That one is better than your submission this week ................
        yah just never know

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
          ........ ........ ........... ......... ...... if someone can ride into and get pictures of anything within the Louvre, I would be greatly impressed and ready to vote for you immediately
          Glen Dorkburger and I did ride to the Louvre. I tried to ride in first, but got stopped by some guys in black uniforms, but then Glen tried it at another door and he did get in, and right up to the Monna Liesa.
          See

Comment

Photo from when I stopped there a few weeks ago.
            Took picture for no real good reason, other than maybe to use if "mural" were to be a topic-subject-theme of the week.

THe shadows from the building ribs I thought was a bit of a distraction.
            And I thought would be better if the main subject could fill more of the frame.

THen when "art work" did become the topic, I went back at a time closer to noon to minimize the shadows of the ribs. But could not think of any better way to pose things, other than to bring the bike more in the foreground.
            Last edited by Redman; 08-11-2018, 11:41 AM.

Comment

For Aviation, the only thing I can think I would have access to is the plane on static display at municipal airport nearby.

This view includes the hanger and the light tower

Was thinking this was fairly mundane. Tried another pose.

This gets bike closer in the foreground.

Ah... tried another pose

Here tried to get plane in a straight profile, but then the light tower is behind the plane, and the fenced area is distracting

Trying to think of an other pose..
              Moved bike...
              Walking around... heard some ruffling sounds overhead... saw some parachutist.... trotted around to where could include a couple of them

Still kinda mundane, but includes something of an interesting element.

Had a little bit of fun challenge trying to find a good pose.
              Last edited by Redman; 08-26-2018, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Was going bye there again today, thought to pull in since today was sunshine and blue sky, not usually the best for photos, but was about noon.

Maybe a better pic for "airplane and bike", but not for "aviation" since other pic has the hanger and airport and stuff.
                Last edited by Redman; 08-30-2018, 04:54 PM.

Comment

That's a beautiful picture.

I love the thunderbirds. Saw them all the time as a kid living on Air Force bases.
                  Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A
                  Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                    That's a beautiful picture.

I love the thunderbirds. Saw them all the time as a kid living on Air Force bases.
                    Yah, brite sunshine can be good for pics, but only if situation is such that shadows are not a problem.

Was going past there again mid-afternoon, and searched for an perspective that had minimum shadows, then found position to include the bike (opps, divulging my secret tatics).
                    With the sun direction, and the way the plane was tilted, I found this pose.

And then said, Oh, Yeah, this is what I was looking for.

So made some other poses (Welcome to my weirdness.)

And I had more fun looking for more poses.

A:

B:

C:

D:

I Will admitt that I somewhat used some other ideas that some other GSR-Pic-Of-The-Week regulars have used (previous weeks).

Okay, Okay, Yah, Okay...... I downright copied others poses that I have seen others uses multiple times.
                    Perhaps you can identify which is a tribute to who.

>>> And after sunset

E:
                    Last edited by Redman; 08-30-2018, 10:00 PM. Reason: A B C D E

Comment

For anyone interested, we have a list of all this year's themes, with post numbers to the winning photo.

Here ya go:

Date Theme Created By Winner Winning Post #
                      1/21/2018 Low Light Burque73 dorkburger 4
                      1/27/2018 Interesting/peculiar roadside attraction dorkburger Burque73 37
                      2/3/2018 On the border Burque73 Mrs. Steve 65
                      2/10/2018 Slightly less than perfect riding weather Mrs. Steve Jedz123 ?
                      2/18/2018 Bikes of GSR Rallys Jedz123 Burque73 141
                      2/24/2018 Sports Burque73 trevor 159
                      3/3/2018 Playing with sunlight trevor Redman 194
                      3/10/2018 Reflection Redman storm 64 232
                      3/17/2018 Motorcycle packed down storm 64 Sandy 257
                      3/24/2018 Something twisty Sandy Steve 278
                      3/31/2018 Water Steve Baatfam 310
                      4/7/2018 On or near a bridge Baatfam Redman 371
                      4/14/2018 Lonely road Redman Burque73 409
                      4/21/2018 What's up? Burque73 Redman 469
                      4/28/2018 Outstanding In a Field (or at least in view) Redman Sandy 509
                      5/5/2018 "Special Effect" Sandy Gustovh 558, 574(big)
                      5/12/2018 "...something different that includes a part of your bike…" Gustovh dorkburger 598
                      5/19/2018 your bike casting a shadow dorkburger Burque73 653
                      5/26/2019 Downtown Burque73 Jedz123 693
                      6/2/2018 Live Action Jedz123 kerrfunk 721
                      6/9/2018 Picture with a passenger kerrfunk Trevor 749
                      6/16/2018 "…your bike with some form of 'Heavy equipment'." Trevor Redman 794
                      6/23/2018 Bike at the water Redman Jedz123 809
                      6/30/2018 Mountains Jedz123 Trevor 867
                      7/7/2018 Sunset Trevor gustovh 895
                      7/14/2018 Field repairs gustovh Baatfam 948
                      7/21/2018 Out in the rain Baatfam Burque73 988
                      7/28/2018 "…one or more farm animals…" Burque73 cowboyup3371 1016
                      8/4/2018 "...your bike with any art." cowboyup3371 Burque73 1037
                      8/11/2018 "…and interesting or really old church." Burque73 Steve Murdoch 1072
                      8/18/2018 "...your bike with a flag." Steve Murdoch Storm64 1139, 1140(big)
                      8/25/2018 Aviation Storm64 wacky941 1175
                      9/1/2018 Monumental wacky941 Redman 1233
                      9/8/2018 "Bike In Unexpected Place" Redman Charlie G 1272
                      9/15/2018 "Places of Spiritual Meaning" Charlie G Downs 1319
                      9/22/2018 "...with a piece of emergency equipment." Downs Baatfam 1353
                      9/29/2018 Gigantic animal Baatfam Charlie G 1406
                      10/6/2018 Charlie G
                      10/13/2018
                      10/20/2018
                      10/27/2018
                      11/3/2018
                      11/10/2018
                      11/17/2018
                      11/24/2018
                      12/1/2018
                      12/8/2018
                      12/15/2018
                      12/22/2018
                      12/29/2018
                      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Imported part of the discussion from the Campfire thread...

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                        Picture of the year is a good idea but I think that; everyone nominates, everyone votes from the pictures submitted in 2018. Winner chooses topic of New Year, same thread as picture of week. Actually, the origional poster of this thread should have the final say so for the direction of this thread........cg
                        My first thought was all weekly winning photos get considered for the best of the year, then all GSR members who choose to vote can do so.

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                        I like it...But elaborate on the "everyone nominates" part for me. I am not clear on how we could do that.

Should we create a new thread to hammer out the details?
                        Seems like two threads on the one game are plenty. No need for another, IMO.

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                        Any member of GSR can choose (vote) a picture from the pictures submitted to "Picture of the Week" (2018) and nominate(vote) it for "Picture of the Year". Maybe a seperate thread for discussion might be best as not to distract weekly topic.
                        Roger

Current rides
                        1983 GS 850G
                        2003 FJR 1300A
                        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                          Imported part of the discussion from the Campfire thread...
                          Great! Thanks!

My first thought was all weekly winning photos get considered for the best of the year, then all GSR members who choose to vote can do so.
                          That was my first thought also, but that is 49 photos, and I think we would be luck to get 40 votes even if we open it up. Could be one big, one vote tie.
                          I dunno...
                          My second thought was just have each winner pick their favorite winning pick, which would give us 17 pictures, as of right now, according to kerrfunk.
                          If we open the voting to all who played, which is 24, we may get enough votes to pick a winner. Or we could let everyone pick 2, or even 3?
                          Again, I dunno...
                          Lucky we have a few weeks to figure it out.

Seems like two threads on the one game are plenty. No need for another, IMO.
                          You are correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                            My second thought was just have each winner pick their favorite winning pick, which would give us 17 pictures, as of right now, according to kerrfunk.
                            If we open the voting to all who played, which is 24, we may get enough votes to pick a winner. Or we could let everyone pick 2, or even 3?
                            Yah, I agree, if concider all the entries (4-5 hundered?) or even all the wining entries (like 49) that is way more than the number of voters. Then probably have ties between those getting maybe two votes.

Howz about each winner selects one of thier winners, and winners with 3 or more wins gets to submit a second entry. That would be a number of entries about 20.

All past participants get to vote, (Kerry said how many that would be.)
                            Maybe each participant gets to vote two votes.

Other thing to discuss:
                            Are we to include the original catagory-theme-subject along with the submission?
                            ...and.... are we to vote based on which picture best meets its original catagory-theme-subject?
                            I suggest not, that would be too difficult to do, and a lot of folks have not been voting that way anyway.
                            So, my suggestions are:
                            - a winner can elect to include the original catagory-theme-subject if wants to when enters the submission.
                            - but we dont consider the the original subject-theme-catagory when voting, and dont have any criteria other than Best Picture.

lets have a few more suggestions.

Lets let Roger Burque and/or Bob Baatfam ponder this for a while, and let him/them decide. And let him/them publish the procedure.
                            We dont need to make a Congressional Hearing out of it, but lets discuss further, then let him/them decide.

Last edited by Redman; 10-06-2018, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Heads up everyone. Today is voting day over at the Pic of the Week game, over in the Campfire forum.

We've had good turnout for the second half of the year, and several new players.

Entries for 2018 are averaging about 10 a week.

Comment

Bump to the top.

The 2019 version is just beginning. Great time to get in the game. This really is a fun one.

This general discussion area is to be used as the <b>non-controversial topics</b>. This forum is open to all. Forum rules apply!

Comment

Working...
                                X