What you guys like/hate about the 450?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
    its seems to share driveline parts with the larger and one assume more powerful 650
    pretty much overengineered forr the 450
    It would be aligned with suzuki practice to use components already in production rather than design a new shaft drive for the 450.
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

for sure just the 650 claims ahigh 70 in hp and weigh nigh onto 500 poinds so its harder on the driveline for certain.
      1983 GS 550 LD
      2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

I almost bought a 1980 to compete in Ahrma production lightweight class (500 cc or less), but the cutoff is 1978 or like model.... and it’s considered too different than the 400. Bummer, because asking price was low.
        So I don’t like the plain bearing crankshaft or the different stroke. If it was just bigger bore, it would have been fine.
        -1980 GS1100 LT
        -1975 Honda cb750K
        -1972 Honda cl175
        - Currently presiding over a 1970 T500

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
          Jedz, that's a crazy looking motorcycle!! Where do you find time to work on stuff like that? You're a certified nut. haha
          I was hoping to buy that sweet 79 425e from a guy in Detroit. We talked about it saying we'll wait till the snow melts. Then when I was ready to pick it up, he backs out of the deal. I was giving him top dollar for it too. Dang
          I have no idea HAHAH I'm cresting 25K miles on for the season and I will turn the Bonneville over to 19K today...
          I built the bike in a week, pretty proud of my effort and end result! Runs good, handles like a tractor but it's all apart of the fun!
          The twins are fun, not fast but reliable as any of them and easier to work on (IMHO)
          Hope your doing well buddy!!! Don't think I'll make it out visit again this year but you never know!... Maybe for an overnight just blast out and blast back!
          Stay safe man, hope to see you soon!@
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
          Originally posted by Hayabuser
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Have a Sport and T model in original condition.. Both were low mileage mint CL finds.

Unless you are bound to the big bore bikes the 450 will put a smile on your face. Nice engine, a fantastic trans, and decent handling. The bonus is that it is EASY to work on when the need arises. Good looking bike too.

I grew up with a pair of RD350s and have always preferred the smaller machines. In the stable I also have an R3, RGV 250, TZ125, GS 550, a VF750F, and a VFR800 among others. Other than pure interstate grinding the 450 is great.

I'm in my mid 60's and have owned over 30 bikes since I started riding 45 yrs ago. The 450's are keepers until I ride off into the sunset.
            Last edited by Guest; 09-21-2018, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fish View Post
              I helped tear the shed down yesterday and hauling it off so I got $100 off the bike. I figured $150 can't go too far wrong. I'll bring it home tonight after I empty the trailer. Bike looks like nice, I am hoping fresh gas, new plugs and it fires right up!
              You must also believe in the easter bunny and santa claus if you think a bike sitting since the 90s is going to start right up. Follow the steps and you'll get it running well, takes a bit of time. You got it for a good price
              Last edited by nejeff; 09-21-2018, 11:26 AM.

Comment

claus not clause I mean if your going to be the mean grade six to our grade one then get the spelling right.

If the carbs were drained and the tank it will fire right up like a miracle
                1983 GS 550 LD
                2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
                  claus not clause I mean if your going to be the mean grade six to our grade one then get the spelling right.

If the carbs were drained and the tank it will fire right up like a miracle
                  I corrected it for you Jeep. You kanucks always correcting us

Comment

Working...
                  X