No announcement yet.

$100 is it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It must be a county thing in Indiana. I have transferred a dozen or so vehicles in the last 5 years, and have had zero issues. Titles still in previous owners name and not the guy I bought it from. As long as the date and buyer info are clear, I get them transferred. no questions asked. I print my own BOS, and sign and forge away. And they ALWAYS ask me for a BOS. No notarizing, just a signed Indiana Bill Of Sale, that I print out from the BMV site.
    I still haven't transferred the title to the '82 GS 650 L in my garage. My son will be doing that next spring, I hope...
    '83 GS 1100T
    The Jet

sigpic
    '95 GSXR 750w
    The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

If someone offered me that 400 for $100 it would be at home with me too.

I once bought a motorcycle that had a lien holder on the title. Did not notice it at the time of sale, I only saw it when I went to transfer the title to me. Luckily the dealer on the title was still in business and was able to verify the bike was paid and cleared and stamped it so I could continue. The manager I dealt with had been working at the same shop for well over 30 years. Its too bad they are 1 hour away or I would throw more business their way.
      1981 Suzuki GS250T
      1982 Yamaha Seca Turbo
      1985 Suzuki GS550E
      2004 Suzuki GSF1200S

Comment

Titles are easy here in Michigan, if it takes more than 30 days to get it transferred you pay an extra $15 for the transfer. With no bill of sale required you can always just fake a signature. That said, even if that $100 bike is toast you should easily be able to part it out for more! A clean gas tank and side covers is worth way more than that alone.
        1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
        1982 GS450txz (former bike)
        LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Working...
        X