A "thank you" to Robert Barr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A "thank you" to Robert Barr.

Just want to say thanks for taking the time to provide us with o-rings for our carbs. You provide a great service and it's members like you that make this site great!
    I recently serviced my carbs and the dreaded fuel "T" fitting leaked. Mine was the rubberized version so I couldn't use your o-rings and saved them anyway. I ordered the replacement "T" from Z1 Enterprises with their o-rings installed. As Chuck Hahn (member here) stated earlier, the Z1 o-rings are often too big and installation is difficult. My "T" came with the o-rings too big and I tore one during installation, even though I used silicone lube and tried to be careful. Luckily I kept Robert's o-rings and they fit well (as Chuck also said). Saved me from having to wait for another delivery to get my bike running.
    Thanks again.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

I just sent Z1 Enterprises a message suggesting they should contact Robert here. I'm going to guess their answer will be "thank you for your message but no one else has complained". I told them a member here who rebuilds lots of carbs had warned me about the O-rings not fitting well. It's not just in my case.
    If the correct O-rings are difficult to find then they should look at other sources if they care about their customers. I doubt they'll contact Robert but who knows? I thought it's worth a try.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

I'll give a big +1 to that, thanks Mr Barr!! Fingers crossed Z1 will take it on board, the guy who runs the place (Jeff Saunders?) is a member here from memory so there's a good chance he'll at least listen I reckon.
      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE View Post
        Just want to say thanks for taking the time to provide us with o-rings for our carbs. You provide a great service and it's members like you that make this site great!
        I recently serviced my carbs and the dreaded fuel "T" fitting leaked. Mine was the rubberized version so I couldn't use your o-rings and saved them anyway. I ordered the replacement "T" from Z1 Enterprises with their o-rings installed. As Chuck Hahn (member here) stated earlier, the Z1 o-rings are often too big and installation is difficult. My "T" came with the o-rings too big and I tore one during installation, even though I used silicone lube and tried to be careful. Luckily I kept Robert's o-rings and they fit well (as Chuck also said). Saved me from having to wait for another delivery to get my bike running.
        Thanks again.
        Well said, Keith.
        The parts from Robert have made my GS life much better.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Bob IS THE MAN to contact for O rings. I did this fall when I discovered again Suzuki listed the wrong O ring size for the GSXR1100 intake boots.
          BiL
          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Mr. Barr's o-rings have certainly simplified the lives of many a GS rider over the years, including mine. Turns out he's also a heck of guy and a lot of fun to ride with and hang around with if you can get him to a rally.
            Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
            Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Now Robert needs to perfect the wrong size orings that come with petcock rebuild kits. IIf those kits could be made reliable for more than a day or two it would be great.
              MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
              1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

My exact experience as well. Makes me want to buy a gross of his kits just in case they become unavailable some day.
                1978 GS750E (barn find and current project)
                1997 Electra Glide
                1983 Goldwing

Comment

Originally posted by gbw View Post
                  .... .... ... .... .... ..... ............. .............. ............... Turns out he's also a heck of guy and a lot of fun to ride with and hang around with if you can get him to a rally.
                  As did happen Brown County 2012

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I purchased o-rings from Robert Barr and sent my carbs to Steve for rebuild. At some point, I will put my bike back together and test them out. I'm gonna use my Total Knee Replacement (both knees) in Mar/Apr 2018 as an excuse for not working on my bike.

Anyway, the whole experience was easy and quick. It helps to have PayPal.

Ed
                    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Thanks, I appreciate the comments!

Standing offer for GSR -- For the rare occasion when someone needs the O-rings for those replacement inlet T's, you can just PM me for my address and send a SASE. We'll get ya fixed up, gratis. And/or, if you're ordering a kit, just mention it and I'll toss in a few extra of that size.
                      and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
                      __________________________________________________ ______________________
                      2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

I've ordered around a half dozen over the last few years and have been very happy with them and the service Robert provides. They arrive pretty fast also.
                        GSRick
                        No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                        Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

one wonders how many gs's would have been scrapped without mr. barr's work....thank you, sir!
                          1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

Here here, I have ordered a few sets over the years. Always fast service with a smiling note of gratitude. I too have had the thought of ordering 6-12 sets for when supplies, or service stops...

Thanks Robert ! ! !
                            '83 GS 1100T
                            The Jet

sigpic
                            '95 GSXR 750w
                            The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Does he have a website?
                              1982 Katana 1100, 1997 HD Ultra Classic, 1996 Buell S2T, 2002 BMW K1200RS, 1969 Royal Enfield Interceptor Triton project
                              New project 1979 GS1000S
                              Recently sold 1979 Honda CBX1000

Comment

Working...
                              X