Getting the Cooley ready for another season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.humbucker View Post
    Spoke too soon, we have a foot of snow and more on the way. Years ago I bought a good size snowblower and so now I am the hero of the street albeit only a few days out of the year as I clear the cul du sac for all the neighbours (Canadian spelling) ❄️

Ordered and paid paid for the brake lines from Apex today, Raymond is very helpful and has the specs on hand for the GS650G so that made it super easy. Thanks again for the lead!
    You are welcome!

Funny, I too live on a cul du sac (proper spelling lol)...and today I borrowed my neighbour's (also correct spelling) snowblower because he is in Mexico and I did 6 of my neighbour's driveways today...got homemade cookies and beer from them...lol...plus I made a huge toboggan run in my driveway for the kids. Up to 25cm more to come.
    Last edited by trevor; 02-12-2019, 12:00 AM.
    No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
      You are welcome!

Funny, I too live on a cul du sac (proper spelling lol)...and today I borrowed my neighbour (also correct spelling) because he is in Mexico and I did 6 of my neighbour's driveways today...got homemade cookies and beer from them...lol...plus I made a huge toboggan run in my driveway for the kids. Up to 25cm more to come.
      Twenty five centimeters !!! .... It's the end of the world Trev !!!
      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
      1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
        Twenty five centimeters !!! .... It's the end of the world Trev !!!
        It's crazy...schools are all ready cancelled for tomorrow....my 16 year old son is all broke up about it.
        No signature

Comment

Wonder if you could rig a snowblower up with GS1100 engine? I would be done much quicker. Maybe a good winter project for next year.
          GS550T 1981
          GS850G 1983
          GS650G 1982
          GS650G 1982 Under Restoration 😳🏍👍

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
            It's crazy...schools are all ready cancelled for tomorrow....my 16 year old son is all broke up about it.
            Welcome to Canada! But what's with the schools closing over a bit of snow?
            '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
              It's Victoria....it doesn't take much snow to bring it to a standstill. Lol....to be fair. the problem is is that it doesn't get cold enough and the roads are slick...and we have all kinds of little hills around here that cars with out snow rated tires can't navigate....it's quite funny.
              No signature

Comment

You should see it here. There's only about 3 inches and downtown is chaos. Skytrain is shut down and the buses are sliding all over the place. When it comes to snow in Vancouver the city becomes..... " Oh my Gawd ! .. Is that snow ? ...We're all gonna die ! " .....
                Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                  You should see it here. There's only about 3 inches and downtown is chaos. Skytrain is shut down and the buses are sliding all over the place. When it comes to snow in Vancouver the city becomes..... " Oh my Gawd ! .. Is that snow ? ...We're all gonna die ! " .....
                  My front yard last night...before we got another 15-20cm...and it's snowing until 5pm now....

No signature

Comment

Yup, no riding in our future... at least the near future. This is my yard this afternoon after I finished shovelling my driveway.

My daughter likes it anyway.
                    2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                    2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                      Yup, no riding in our future... at least the near future. This is my yard this afternoon after I finished shovelling my driveway.

My daughter likes it anyway.
                      Wow Dave. That'll take a while to melt. You guys actually own snowblowers down there? Thankfully our snow here is the nice light and fluffy stuff.
                      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Wow Dave. That'll take a while to melt. You guys actually own snowblowers down there? Thankfully our snow here is the nice light and fluffy stuff.
                        No snowblower... that was all my wife and I.
                        2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                        2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                          No snowblower... that was all my wife and I.
                          Good for you. Good exercise. We do all ours by hand as well.

Shoveling
                          by soates50, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                          X