Gs550t clutch issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs550t clutch issues

The lever clutch on my 1981 suzuki Gs550t is extremely hard to pull in and it feels as if the clutch didn't even move. Also, what's the little nipple under the small cover on the left side of the engine, it looks as if a grease gun where to attach there. Any info is use full thanks.

Originally posted by Demio0892 View Post
    The lever clutch on my 1981 suzuki Gs550t is extremely hard to pull in and it feels as if the clutch didn't even move. Also, what's the little nipple under the small cover on the left side of the engine, it looks as if a grease gun where to attach there. Any info is use full thanks.
    Post some pics of the nipple and it's location. The 550T used a screw/rod clutch release. As you pull the lever, the cable pull the actuator and as it comes up it screws outward and pushes the rod through the engine to push on the clutch pressure plate. You may need to grease up the actuator. It may be binding up. I'm not sude if the nipple alows for grease to get into that area or not until I can see a pic, but I guessing it might.
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

The nipple you are referring to does allow for grease to be put in via a gun but I would suggest pulling the sprocket cover off to remove, clean, and grease the gear the cable attaches to. Then, as long as you are sure the cable is still in good shape, put it back together and follow the instructions in the service manual for adjusting the clutch.
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Thanks, i will post a picture as soon as I get home !

Comment

Oh and is ther a specific type of grease im supposed to use ?

Comment

I have used marine grease but others may have different options
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
            X