Frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frame

So it turns out my bikes frame has been chopped down a lot, too much it seems to put a proper rear fairing on. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? What can I graft on instead?

20190415_183044.jpg

Just as with the other question you asked about your bike not starting, it would help to know what year and model of GS you have. Most people put that in their signature.
    1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
    1982 GS450txz (former bike)
    LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

crap i thought i did that last night! i guess not!!
      its a 1999 125 esx

Comment

This board is for questions about Suzuki GS motorcycles, this portion of the board is used for general questions about the GS's and there's is a separate section for frame questions. Since you don't have a GS, you might be able to get someone to answer on this (and the other) question in the "other projects"section.
        1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
        1982 GS450txz (former bike)
        LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

its a GS 125 ESX, i didn't put the GS bit in my signature as I assumed that was obvious sorry

Comment

now im confusing myself, it says GS in the signature. why don't i have a GS?

Comment

Can either get an aftermarket seat hoop and get that welded on, or try to source a donor frame from the same vintage of bike to either cut the tail section off and weld to your frame, or transfer everything off your bike onto the new frame.
              1982 GS850GL - Shaved seat foam and new seat cover; Daytona handlebars and Tusk risers; Puig "Naked" Windscreen\
              1978 KZ200 - Mostly original, hydraulic front brake swap, superbike bars; purchased at 7k original miles
              Track bike project: 2008 Hyosung frame w/ 97 gs500E engine swap (in progress)

Comment

ahhh seat hoop! ill try looking for one. I don't know the names of any of the parts, it's my first ever bike and i'm trying to learn!

Comment

Working...
                X