Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1985 GS700E Owner's Manual

Hi All,
    New to the forum after having picked up a decent '85 GS700E. Does anyone know where I can get an owner's manual & service manual? I know this bike is a bit of a rare bird but damn I can't find either of these items on the interwebs.

Thanks,
    Keith

If you use this link at the top of the website is a list of service and owner's manuals.

Suzuki GS motorcycles maintenance and information (GS850GT)

Comment

So I had seen that upload but unfortunately that particular manual is scanned out of order, with pages cut off, tops of pages cut off, etc. Was hoping someone had a hard copy they could scan or sell?

Comment

Printing out the service manual can be a pain. Mine was not as messed up as yours sounds, but by the time I enlarged each page to 8x11, things were pretty grainy. Then I had to put each page back in the printer for 2-sided printing. Then punch holes and assemble in a binder.

It was a labor of love though, since it had been 25 years since I rode. I also bought the Haynes manual on line.

The origin of your rare bird was a politician (I won't name names, but his initials were Ronald Reagan) trying to help Harley Davidson by putting a tariff on large imported bikes.
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Rob this reminds me of when I tried to find the service manual for my '69 BSA Starfire Scrambler (also a rare bird!).
          You don't happen to have a link to the Haynes Manual do you? I've seen them for the 1100 series but not the 700/750. Part of the fun of these rare bikes is finding the literature/parts. The whole story of the 750cc/700cc tariff thing is pretty amazing isn't it!

Comment

This guy does EXCELLENT repro manuals, parts books etc.

1982 Katana 1100, 1997 HD Ultra Classic, 1996 Buell S2T, 2002 BMW K1200RS, 1969 Royal Enfield Interceptor Triton project
            New project 1979 GS1000S
            Recently sold 1979 Honda CBX1000

Comment

Working...
            X