Hagon Bushings...Where To Buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hagon Bushings...Where To Buy?

Howdy. I have a 1979 GS850G with Hagon shocks. I need to replace the bushings and can’t seem to find anywhere online that sells just the bushings other than Dime City Cycle and they’re out of stock. I have an email into Hagon about it, see what they say. Was wondering if anyone here knows where else I may be able to find them?
    Ryan

1979 GS850G - currently undergoing a major overhaul
    1986 GSX-R750 - I'm figuring it out

Try, they're a dealer in NA .

1982 Katana 1100, 1997 HD Ultra Classic, 1996 Buell S2T, 2002 BMW K1200RS, 1969 Royal Enfield Interceptor Triton project
    New project 1979 GS1000S
    Recently sold 1979 Honda CBX1000

Comment

Originally posted by johnod View Post
      Try, they're a dealer in NA .

http://www.britcycle.com/
      Thanks Johnod. Hagon got back to me pretty quickly, recommended the same company. I called British Cycle Supply this morning, didn't have what I was looking for. I'm surprised it's so difficult to find the bushings but, oh well,
      maybe it's time to buy new shocks

I'll do a search on here, see what brands people are recommending.
      Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by RustyTank View Post
        Thanks Johnod. Hagon got back to me pretty quickly, recommended the same company. I called British Cycle Supply this morning, didn't have what I was looking for. I'm surprised it's so difficult to find the bushings but, oh well,

You're welcome.
        1982 Katana 1100, 1997 HD Ultra Classic, 1996 Buell S2T, 2002 BMW K1200RS, 1969 Royal Enfield Interceptor Triton project
        New project 1979 GS1000S

Comment

..., maybe it's time to buy new shocks

Well, we used to recommend Hagon shocks. Mainly because of the service provided by Dave Quinn.
          He retired, so we don't know where to turn now.

Mostly, it will depend on what you want in a pair of shocks. The lower-end Hagons, Progressive and a few others only have preload adjustment, nothing for damping. To get adjustable damping, you have to spend a bunch more. I think it would be worth shopping for new bushings, they will be a LOT cheaper than new shocks.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            Well, we used to recommend Hagon shocks. Mainly because of the service provided by Dave Quinn.
            He retired, so we don't know where to turn now.

Mostly, it will depend on what you want in a pair of shocks. The lower-end Hagons, Progressive and a few others only have preload adjustment, nothing for damping. To get adjustable damping, you have to spend a bunch more. I think it would be worth shopping for new bushings, they will be a LOT cheaper than new shocks.

Steve, there's a lot of logic in what you wrote. Thank you. I've emailed Hagon again to see how much it would cost to ship the bushings to me. The cost of shipping will far exceed the cost of the bushings but no doubt it'll be far less than a new set of shocks.
            Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              Mostly, it will depend on what you want in a pair of shocks. The lower-end Hagons, Progressive and a few others only have preload adjustment, nothing for damping. To get adjustable damping, you have to spend a bunch more.
              Over winter I installed new stainless steel Hagons without adjustable damping, and I must say I love them. On my original GS650G shocks I never touched the damping, set it to #4 and left it be. On the Hagons the manufacturer builds in the damping rate to your weight. So I got dressed up in ATGATT and added 20 lbs. for my saddle bags, and sent that to the dealer, Www.britcycle.com
              1982 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

Are you feeling handy ?
                Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                New project 1979 GS1000S

Comment

I bought assorted shock bushings on ebay, no problem.
                  ---- Dave
                  79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                  80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                  79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                  92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

yes, they are just bits of pipe.. ID and OD are important match but it can be suprising what I find in this vein in my "pipe+tube" hoard...I wouldn't be really suprised if a desperate trip to a plumbing store or similar source turned something up

Comment

Working...
                    X